Chapter 5

The Bucket List

                Nick continued “You really let me be your nanny? AMAZING.” He said sarcastically.

                I pushed him and blushed “I didn’t tell you to wipe me, you know!”

He threw the towel and I caught it. Yes. I’m now a good catcher! I was thinking deeply what to accomplish next? I mean, we’ve crossed out quite few and I already got hospitalized, what more? I felt some fear inside of me. Like I really want to see my parents and siblings. But if I call them, they will track me. But I really can’t bear the nostalgia I’m feeling.

                “Uhm…” I paused for a while and think, and then said “Nick, can I call my parents? What do you think?”

                “Sure, why not.” He answered immediately.

                “You think, it’s not a bad idea?”

                “No. they are your parents.”

Right! We rushed home and opened my skype. I sent an iMessage to my mom to go online in skype with dad. I hope they’re not really busy this time. While waiting I was thinking what would be they’re reaction, and yes, maybe they’ll stalk me here? Or whatever. But I really didn’t mind for the moment. I need to speak with them. This is the longest time I’m away from them and it’s pondering. After about 10 minutes my mom called in skype. I answered with the web camera.

                The first thing I noticed was well, she’s in the office and the second was she’s crying again.

                “Vicky! How could you do this to us? We’ve been searching for you. I miss you, sweetie!” She exclaimed.

                “Mom, don’t cry, I’m perfectly fine. Well, I’m having fun here. I miss you all there too. But you know, I really need to be alone here. I beg you to understand.” I replied.

                “Oh, Vicky. Hi there Vicky!” Nick chuckled and I point a finger at him. He zipped his lips literally.

                “Did I hear someone there, where are you, sweetie?” Mom wondered.

                “In Italy. Mom, please, don’t push me to do something stupid like hiding. Don’t try to locate me, okay?” I said.

                “But Vicky, we need to take care of you, and you’ve been almost 4 weeks gone and you’ve spent too much. What are you up to?” She asked again

                “Oh mom, the food is really great here. And well, hotel fees. And well…” I paused “medications”

                “OH MY GOD!” My mom can’t hardly talk because of her tears “You’ve been hospitalized? Aren’t you?”

                “No, no. Not at all mom. I’m in perfect shape. Medications like some inhalers and stuffs.” I lied.

                “Your dad is not around, honey. He’s in a business trip. He had been calling you but you changed your number. What are you doing there seriously? When are you coming back?” Worried voice I can hear.

                “It’s tentative mom. And it’s my business here. It has really nothing to do with you. I just wanted to let you know that I’m fine. And I miss you. How about a deal, mommy?”

                “What deal, sweetheart? Anything for your good, baby.” She answered.

My mom really treats me like a baby girl even if I’m 22, I’m still treated like a 5yr old. “Well, I’ll call you once in a while and you shouldn’t bother me or anything. Deal?”

                “You will report to me everything, everyday?” She asked. Ugh. My mommy.

                “Uhm, as in everyday mom?” I asked back.

                “Of course! Or else, I’ll go there. You know, a mom like me can’t sleep wondering what’s going on with their child you know.” She said.

                “Mom, can it be every week?” I compromised.

                “It’s everyday or nothing” She said finally.

                “Fine, at a certain time?” I asked.

                “Of course, honey.” She said “9pm China time, everyday. If you don’t call I’ll rush over there!”

                “Fine, fine! Mom I have to go, I know that you’re busy too! Take care and I love you! Tell Krystal and Luna that I miss them!” I said almost teary.

                “Alright, you take care there! You’re alone, I’m not there to take care of you, so better be safe! Always maintain your medications and don’t force yourself. I love you more, sweetheart.” Mom said, giving me a flying kiss in front of the camera.

                Then we turned off. Everyday calls? Seriously? Maybe that’s better. I know my mom worries a lot. I might cause her to have a heart attack. After I logged off my skype, Nick burst out of laughter! What again?

                “Vicky, sweetie, sweetheart, honey. Seriously Vic? Your mom is just way too sugarific!” He teased.

                “What the hell is sugarific?” I asked in curiosity. Alien word.

                “SWEET!” He laughed again. “And mommy needs Vicky’s call on time every single day of her life like she’s a little kid!”

                I glared at him and said “you know what, you may have a VERY normal life, but you don’t know what real family is.” I’m so annoyed, he’s always teasing me. And now even how my mother calls me? He’s being annoying!

Then he shut up. I immediately looked at his facial expression and saw that serious ‘Nick’ I’ve never seen before!

                “Hey,” I stuttered “I’m just… well…. I’m s-sorry. I didn’t m-mean to –”

                “Yeah, I know you’re right. I should be the one apologizing.” He said really seriously. With his low voice.

                “No, I’m just.. I love my mom so much. I don’t like anyone to make fun of her. She’s sweet, yes. She’s over sweet, actually. But I like that. I like how she calls me.” I explained really, really apologetic.

                Nick just smiled at me and the TV. I sat beside him and held his hand. Then I said “Nick, I’m so sorry.”

                “I told you, it’s fine.” He said then looked at me.

                I looked at his eyes, we faced each other in a while. Awkward silence. And then I let go of his hand and looked away. He looked away too, he watched the basketball game in the television.

                After minutes of silence, only the TV is heard, he said “You know what, it’s really cool strolling in Milan. I’ve only been there once. Do you wanna go there?”

                “Seriously?” I asked. He’s asking me??? Whoa.

                “Seriously. But it’s far from here. We’ll have to take a train ride in going there.” Nick said.

                “I WANT THAT!!!!” I screamed and jumped all over until my lungs tightened.

                “Careful, rich lady.” He said tapping me gently.

                “But I also wanna go to Venice! That’s my dream! Part of my bucket list.” I said enthusiastically.

                “We’ll also ride a train. Choose between the 2. A train ride is expensive I’m telling you.” 

                “Well, get your lazy going, we’ll book our ride tomorrow morning to Milan! Then night time in Venice! And take note we’ll go to Tuscany too! Bucket list #3 ITALY TOUR!” I said.

                He jumped out of the sofa like a ninja and shouted “ALRIGHT!!”

We both laughed and went to the train station. I’m so excited again. I love everything about Italy. Its classiness and historical backgrounds. I’m so thankful for Nick. I mean, if I don’t have him with me, I couldn’t have accomplished this much. And traveling alone isn’t as fun as it is right now. I just couldn’t imagine how this will be possible without him.

We rode his Ducati again, I’m being used to it already. I’ll have to get very used to this, I’ll be with Nick for more days. We arrived in the train station it’s called ESA (Eurostar Altovelocita) oooh! Sounds so classy! Fastest train here, I heard. I immediate ran towards the reservation area.

                “Miss, for tomorrow? Earliest trip for 2 to Milan.” I said.

                “Good morning ma’am. Here’s the schedule of the train and its destination.” She said pointing at some board for tomorrow’s scheduled trip.

                “6:00AM for two.” I said.

                “Alright ma’am. It costs –” She uttered

                “Here” I cut her off and gave her my credit card.

                “Thank you, kindly sign here” She said giving me the receipt.

                I signed and we’re booked! Oh! Finally! I love it. I can’t even wait already! I’ll plan our trip there. Of course I shall accomplish some of my bucket list.

                Time ran really fast because of all the excitement I’m feeling. We packed our stuffs for 3 days in Milan, Venice and Tuscany. Well, Bucket list #3 check! I woke up just in time but it’s Nick’s turn to cook for breakfast but he just woke up! Ugh. This guy.

                “LAZY !!!!” I screamed in annoyance.

                “Let’s just drop by starbucks and get some waffles there, pleaseeeeeee?” He pleaded. And then he yawned.

                “NO!” I insisted. And turned away.

                He held my shoulders and gave me a soft massage. Oh. Relaxing, I thought. His hands gently pressed into my back and his face getting near my ear. I can hear and feel him breathing and then he whispered “Victoria, let’s just have our breakfast at starbucks, please?”

                And, yes. He got me so hypnotized. I said “is this how you get your girls?”

                “You wanna see how I chase girls?” He said with his seductive, hot, y, low, manly voice.

                I need to pull away. “Well, I don’t. I’m not interested. Fine. Starbucks. Get ready now! I’m so excited!”

                He sighed “Well, well, well. I don’t have a hot chick with me but instead a KID!”

                “I’m your baby, daddy?” I teased. He’s so cute when he gets all annoyed. I can tell, even if he’s a playboy he’s kind, he’s warm. And I liked this about him.

                He looked at me and faked a smile. Oh geez. He’s damn hot!!! I was too eager to squeeze him.

                “Alrighty, baby. Come I’ll feed you at starbucks.” He imitated a baby voice. Cuteeeeeee!!!!!!

                I pinched his cheeks and said “Yes, daddy!” And we laughed.

                “That was really silly, Nichkhun!” I said.

                “Why? You don’t like it?” He smiled again. I’m already dying of his sweet smile.

                I pursed my lips. And then we go. He didn’t let me carry any of my bags. Nick is like a really close friend to me now. I’m not living with a stranger now. So he headed to the train station and ate breakfast to the nearest starbucks. Nick’s still teasing me about the baby thing which the barista noticed.

                “Miss, your boyfriend is REALLY handsome. You guys make a great couple!” She complimented.

                “Oh no.” Nick said. “Oh, baby! You hear that?”

                “You’re mistaken, he’s just my friend.” I clarified.

                “Really?” The barista said “It doesn’t show.”

                “Alright. Enough.” Nick said and took our Food to a table.

                “Stop calling me baby, already! It’s embarrassing!” I whispered.

                “No it’s not.” He said.

                “Nick.” I seriously said “I have a very important rule. Just 1 rule.”

                He raised his eyebrow while sipping his hot drink.

                “You can’t fall in love with me.” I said.

                Then again, he doesn’t take me seriously! He burst out of laughter again. He can’t even pull himself up. He was slapping the table in so much laughter. I just stared at him and thought, well. I guess this wouldn’t be a problem. Yes, it’s impossible for someone like this hot guy in front of me to fall in love with a girl who has a dreadful disease. That’s just not right at all.

                “I think, I don’t even have to worry.” I said.

                “You know what, that rule .” Nick said. “I won’t fall in love with you not because you’re not my type or because you have cancer or because of any reasons you might be thinking right now, but because I don’t believe in love.”

                He doesn’t believe in love? What the hell? So all he really knows is ?! I mean if it’s only physical attributes which a girl wants, NICK GOT IT ALL! But if you look closely inside of him, it’s bullcrap!

                “You don’t believe in love? Why?” I asked plainly but there’s a million questions going on my head right now.

                “Because I once did and I got fooled. It’s just a fancy thing.” Nick answered “And love cannot give you the desires of the flesh. It’s more fun doing casual hook ups and partying all night with different girls. That advantage cannot be enjoyed by people who are taken. Having girls who’re rich and making myself eat all kinds of awesome expensive foods and clothes and everything! Can you do that?Can you kiss a million girls if you have a girlfriend?”

                ABSURD! TOTALLY ABSURD! THIS MAN IS A JERK. I said “I really thought of you of someone ideal? But I’m wrong. But anyway, forget what I said.”

                “Okay.” He plainly said.

I never talked to him the entire train ride. Nick’s just not that guy I was thinking. He absolutely blew it. You know that feeling when you are feeling a little admiration but he’s so fake. He ruined my entire day. The entire train ride made me realize how fancy am I thinking. Do I honestly think he cares for me? or as if he’s helping me? Maybe I’m just another piece in his games. Using me to pay his bills without even really working. After 3hrs and 30mins we finally reached Milan! The beautiful place called Milan. But I still didn’t talk to him. I was really disappointed by how he answered me.

                “Hey” He poked me, after getting out of the train.

                I didn’t talk but I just looked at him.

                He dropped all our bags and screamed “Baby!”

                I still didn’t talk.

                “Vic, I’m sorry. I know you’re not used to it. I mean, my lifestyle. But I hope that doesn’t affect this trip. Okay?” said Nick.

                I’m not really mad. I was thinking maybe he’s just with me because of money, the pleasure of having someone pay all his expenses. Obviously he’s just using me like those girls he’s having with. All for his own pleasure. He’s not really doing me any favor. He’s just doing himself a favor.

                “Why don’t we stop right here? I mean, I’ll give you money and you go home already. Just wait for me and I’ll get my stuffs when I get back. You don’t have to do this.” I told him. Almost teary. But trying not to show him that I care. I mean I’m treating him as my friend now. But he’s just not into it? Yeah. Because, I’m boring.

                “Vic, what are you talking about?” He clarified as if he doesn’t know.

                “You’re just doing yourself a favor, right? Why don’t you tell me that you’re just using me? Because I’m rich.” I exclaimed

                “Vic, fine. I admit. I was! But that was before! Before I knew you have cancer!”

                “So it’s pity after all.”

                “No! I don’t pity you. I just saw the point! The point why you want to accomplish your bucket list. I just saw a girl who has dreams. I admit I don’t have those dreams, I have no life. I’m a jerk. I love y girls, partying. I’m all messed up, but believe me, I wanna be involve in fulfilling your dreams. Because I never saw someone who’s as genuine as you.” He explained.

                I didn’t answer again.

                “I was just trying to be honest with you like you have been honest with me, and you judged me so easily. If you really don’t want to work with a jerk like me, can you just let me carry these bags for you to the hotel where you’ll stay?” He asked.

I never saw and heard Nick be this serious. I felt the sincerity but I really didn’t want to believe so easily.

                “Then why did you say that a while ago? Having girls who will pay for your needs and wants. Am I not like that to you right now?” I asked.

                “Yes, I admit that I’m a playboy but I’m not helping you to eventually hook up with you or to simply break your heart. I told you I don’t believe in love because I really don’t. And I thought you’d understand. I’ve already given up my comfort! Letting you sleep in my bed, accompanying you all day, I’m not even going to parties since I’m helping you. And you think I’m using you? Well, maybe I was. In your sight. But in my sight you’re not a stranger who’s asking endless favors but a friend who’s asking for help.” He said raising his tone a little bit.

                “I’m not judging you.” I covered.

                “YOU ARE!” He shouted.             

                “I’M SORRY!!!” I cried right there. I can’t bear seeing people hurt because of me. What have I done? Nick has been really kind to me. He’s a jerk but he’s trying to mingle with a weirdo like me. I should be grateful. I’m not thinking. I judge him easily. I can’t stop crying that I just covered my face with my hands and sobbed.

                “Hey! Don’t cry!” He said. Tapping my shoulders.

                “I judged you. You were just telling me who you really are but I judged you. I’m so sorry!” I cried even harder.

                “Hey!” Nick said again. “Ugh. You cry baby.” Then he hugged me. Caressing my head. “shhh! Stop crying already. People are looking at us! I’m not mad.”

After that crying session we both headed to the hotel in Milan. I just needed time to really bring back the old ‘us’ (Nick and I) back. But it seems like nothing really changed for Nick. He’s still teasing me. And teasing me even more. Not only a baby but a cry baby.

                “Where to go first, cry baby?” Nick asked.

                “Well here’s my itinerary for today, for tomorrow and for the next day.” I gave him a small paper.

ITALY TOUR:

MILAN:

  1. Arch of Peace
  2. Galleria Vittorio
  3. Duomo Milano
  4. Sforza Castle
  5. Royal Villa
  6. Idroscalo

VENICE:

  1. Saint Mark’s Square
  2. Rialto Bridge
  3. Gondola Ride!

TUSCANY:

  1. Leaning Tower of Pisa
  2. Ponte Santa Trinita
  3. Piazza Salimbeni
  4. Val d’Orcia

 

“Wow. Well, let’s get going now. We have a lot of stuffs to do and to visit!” Nick said. We went as sequenced in the paper. Oh! Milan! We went to the famous Arch of Peace. Nick took a picture of me with the structure. And then we both took our picture. Someone approached us and asked “do you want me to take a picture of you?”

 

“Sure!” I said.

                Nick stood beside me and put his arm around me. We smiled and saw the picture right away. “Thank you, sir.” Nick said.

                “No problem, take care of your girlfriend!” He said and immediately left.

                “Ugh. Another assumption!” I said.

                “Don’t worry, no need to get embarrassed, the guy you’re with is very handsome.” Nick joked.

I just laughed and we went on. We took a lot of pictures together, I remember my Rome tour, I was just alone… and I can say that it’s much happier now that I have someone around. Time flies. But I intended that our last destination would be the artificial lake of Idroscalo. I wanna see the sunset there. So exactly! We did.

                “Why didn’t we prepared some picnic stuffs?” Nick said.

                “We’ll do that somewhere else. For now, we’ll do something important.” I smiled.

                “What? Don’t tell me you wish to kiss me because I won’t complain.” He said.

                I laughed “Well, I won’t kiss you! Sorry. But instead we’ll make a sky lantern!”

                “A what?”

                “A sky lantern! I never saw a real one. And I want to! Bucket list #5”

                “Do you have the materials?” He asked.

I brought out the materials I’ve bought secretly. “Tadaaaaah!” Then we sat down somewhere and start working on the sky lantern. “I want a big one, Daddy Nick!” imitating a baby voice.

                “Alright, Baby Vic.” He agreed. “You’re cute at making that face.” He complimented.

                “What face?” I asked.

                “Baby face. You’re adorable. I’ll braid your hair later.” Nick responded.

I nodded and continued in making a very big sky lantern! Good thing Nick knows how to make one because I really don’t know how to make crafts. So yeah. He’s like a dad to me, really.

After cutting and pasting we finally made it! YEHEY!!! I’m so happy. I jumped all over. And little did I notice that it’s already night time! We lit up the lantern and crossed our fingers. We both wished it will not burn or whatever. Then it slowly rises up.

Then I began jumping again. Holding Nick’s hands and jumping in circular motion. We were both jumping. It’s so fun. But my lungs didn’t cooperate again. So we sat down. We watched the lantern and took a picture of it. At last. I had a really long day in Milan.

We went back to our hotel and sleep right away. Tomorrow we can’t miss our train to Venice. Uhh! Another day to live. Thank God. The next morning I was surprised that Nick was already up and was exercising. He’s really damn y. And oh!!!! OH!!! He’s topless! I can see his sweaty body. He’s burning hot.

                “You know why I’m sweating this much?” Nick asked “because you keep on looking at me and I’m melting.”

He stopped pushing up, and looked at me who’s currently seating on the bed. I looked at him. I’m still sleepy. But we really need to rush now. He pulled me up and off the bed. After hours of getting ready for check out, we finally went to the train station again and rode the train going to Venezia.

It’s funnn! I’ll finally ride a gondola! First of, we’ll spent our day touring. Gondola would be our transportation because Venice is surrounded by water. There’s land but not as much as the water. It’s the coolest fact about here. They don’t have cars, only gondolas! A boat! And the gondolier was singing different Italian songs. They are cool too.

                “I’ve never been here in Venice. I want to try swimming here.” Nick said.

                “That’s despicable!” I replied.

                “It’s not part of your bucket list?” Nick asked.

                “NO! That’s deadly! Silly!” I answered. “And besides… I don’t know if I can still swim. I never tried since I had cancer.”

                “Can you do me a small favor today?” Nick asked.

                “What?” I asked.

                He leaned towards me and whispered “Let’s try swimming here later at night! Alright?”

                “But –”

                He cut me off “YOU. ARE. COMING. WITH. ME.”

                I can’t do anything about it, of course. Maybe it sounds fun though! I’m becoming a little bit excited. And I want to give some small weird favors to this guy next to me who has always been here with me at all times.

                We went to Rialto Bridge, we passed over that beautiful bridge. Still morning. I don’t really feel the “Venice” vibes. I think it’s better it we tour at night. Well Nick and I decided that we will jump off into the water under the Rialto Bridge later at night.

                As we were waiting for the sunset and night time we just spent our day eating in Venice. And also strolling to the land part of the place. Amazing place. Really historical.

 We rode a gondola in to other places, just having joy ride. Then surprisingly the gondolier began singing English love songs. Nick was still teasing me about the cry thing and was boasting how hot he is and stuff. He’s like my best buddy!

                “Sir, it’s sunset and some says that couples who kiss under the Rialto Bridge is going to be together forever!” The gondolier said to Nick.

                “Really?” Nick looked at me and smiled. “Can I kiss you, miss?” Whispered Nick playfully.

                “I don’t want to be with you forever, dude.” I giggled. “Sorry, we’re not couples. Well, he’s my friend.”

                “Oh! I thought you guys are couples.” The gondolier said.

If we could gain money with every “couple” thingy people says, we are already rich. Why do people think we’re couples? Are we sweet? I don’t think so. Everyone really thinks of it like that. Stereotyping. If a girl and a boy is together, initial reaction of the people around would be: they’re couple which really annoys me. But it seems like Nick don’t mind. Does he like it? Or he simply doesn’t care? Maybe he get that a lot and got used to it?

                We are finally reached the Rialto Bridge again. The lights were and the ambiance of the place is just so awesome. It’s wonderful!

                “Sir, just a kiss!” The gondolier insisted again.

                “It’s JUST a kiss.” Nick smiled at me. As if he doesn’t mind. Of course, he doesn’t mind.

                “It’s NOT. JUST a kiss for me, jerk.” I answered.

                “Oh! Come on!” The gondolier cheered. And the other gondolas around cheered for us.

Oh no. we’re doomed. But I’m not really kissing him. I want my first kiss to be with the one I love. I know it’s a cliché! But who cares? That’s one of my hidden wishes. To fall in love and to those things with him. Not with someone like Nichkhun. Not with ONLY a friend or a buddy. I love Nick but not as what these people cheering think, I only love him as a friend. As someone who helps me. And it will never be more than that. EVER!

                Nick stood up the gondola and tried to balance he offered a hand and I reached for it and stood too. What’s he up to?

                “Well, this girl will be missing out a lot if I don’t give her my sweetest kiss.” Nick shouted to the people who were cheering.

                “Hey, what are you talking about you jerk!” I whispered.

                “Trust me.” Nick said and held my chin up and was ready to kiss me.

                Oh no!! Will he really kiss me? He can’t be serious? Maybe not. But he doesn’t mind if he kiss a million girls in a day. Waaaaah! His face getting nearer and nearer. I closed my eyes and my heart pounding intensely. I’m so nervous right now. I can finally feel his nose on my nose. But our lips haven’t touched yet.

                Then I heard him say “At the count of three, we’ll jump into the water.”

                I didn’t get it. What did he say? What will I do? I can still feel his nose closely pressed against mine and his breathing. Then I heard him count slowly “1…. 2…. 3….. JUMP!!” He shouted.

                And I panicked he held my hand quickly and he jumped out of the gondola. I also jumped with him and we splashed into the water. All the people around us were staring.

                “IT’S COLD!!!! WOOHOO!!” Nick screamed.

                He’s still holding my hand. I’m not sure if I can swim but I think I can’t. So Nick told me to ride at him back. Piggy back. All the people were cheering for us as if we’re really couples. It was epic seeing them giddy and fascinated about us. It’s totally insane for me but they were all screaming that it’s so sweet and stuffs like that.

                After a few minutes we decided to ride the gondola back to our hotel. We’re all wet and we looked stupid but we didn’t mind. Who cares? We had fun!

                “That was REALLY hilarious!” Nick said.

                “I know right?” I agreed.

We both giggled back to our room. It’s a fun day in Venice. Really. OH SNAP! I FORGOT TO CALL MY MOM YESTERDAY IN MILAN!!!!

                “Nick I have to call my mom. Oh please.” I panicked.

                “Oh, the deal.” He said.

                “I just need to. Let’s go.”

So I rushed to the shower first and took a bath hastily. I opened my laptop after. I was just wrapped with my towel. Too many missed calls. All from mommy. And finally! She called. I answered hastily.

                “Mom, I’m really sorry. I was having a very fun time in Milan yesterday that I forgot to call you. I’m now in Venice.” I explained quickly before she says anything.

                “Alright, sweetie. It’s okay. Are you feeling good?” Mom asked.

                “Hi Victoria, my daughter!” Dad popped up.

                “Hi daddy! How was your trip?” I asked.

                “Well, how was YOUR trip. Mine was just typical.” Dad answered.

                “Mine is superb, dad!” I answered enthusiastically.

                “You’re alone there?” He asked again

                “Well, yeah.” I lied. They would surely NEVER trust Nick. A stranger, they would say. “I have to go mom and dad! I’ll just update you later! Byeeeee!” I didn’t wait for their answer.

And Nick’s finally done in the shower. He’ll tease me again if he hears my parents talk to me like that.

                “Oh, hi y! Are you trying to seduce me?” Nick said.

“What the hell? Why would I seduce you?” I replied.

Nick looked at me up and down. And pointed at my body. “You’re not dressed.”

                “AHHHHHH!!!!!!!! GET OUT!!!!!!!!!!” I screamed. Dammn it. I covered my whole body with the blanket, I forgot that I was just wrapped with a towel! And Nick saw me wearing only a towel. What the heck!!!!

                “Chill, baby. You’re not . And I’ve already seen that one.” He said calmly. Trying not to laugh.

                “YOU’VE SEEN MY BODY?! YOU ERTED MONSTER!!!!!! AHHHHH!!!!!” I screamed again.

                “No! I’ve seen other women’s body not yours! What the hell are you screaming at! I’m not going to harass you or you or something! Stop panicking.” He finally laughed.

                “JUST LEAVEEEEEEE!!!!” I said. He was also wrapped with his towel. Half . Ugh. This is awful.

                “Freak. Fine! Tell me when you’re done.” Nick stepped inside the comfort room and stayed there until I got all dressed up.

                After that epic night in Venice the next morning another trip to the province of Tuscany. We rode the train again going there. Last place to visit before we go back to Rome.

                After the train ride we finally got there quite early. I love the breeze. The farms. It’s amazing. Before anything else we prepared our Picnic Basket and foods. Will we ever forget our Champagne? Of course not! We first went to the famous “Leaning Tower of Pisa” it’s really leaning. It’s not straight at all. I’m afraid it will just fall down. There are many tourist here. Next stop we went to the Ponte Santa Trinita which was a beautiful bridge, like Rialto. Are we going to have our picnic at night? Time’s running really fast! Our destinations were so cool. Is Tuscany really a province?

                We went to Piazza Salimbeni, it’s a square! There were too many people around. We were taking pictures when suddenly Nick began to rush me.

                “Vic, faster. Let’s get out of here. Let’s have our picnic now. Let’s go!” He said as if trying to hide or whatever.

                “Why?” I asked. I wanted to stay a little bit longer and observe the architecture!

                “Just because! Let’s go!” He began holding my wrist really tight and dragging me away.

                “Hey! Loosen your grip!” I say.

                He ignored me. He dragged me faster until a girl approached us and called him.

                “Nichkhun!” A girl from somewhere I can’t see called.

                “Crap,” Nick whispered and turned around to where the girl was.

She was a tall, thin lady with black hair. She was really pretty. I wondered who she was. Maybe, one of the girls at the bar? But she looks decent and angelic.

                “Hi! It’s been a while.” The girl greeted “oh, is she your girlfriend? I’m Bai.” She gave me a hand shake.

                “I’m Victoria. I’m only his friend” I introduced and shook her hand.

                “Oh. I see. You’ve changed a lot, Khun! You look hot.” Bai giggled.

                “Really? Thanks. So, you’re living here now?” Nick asked.

                “Yeah, with my husband and 2 kids. We were just strolling here.” She answered.

                “Oh, good to know you’re married now.” Nick simply said.

I was just looking at them talk. I can tell through Nick’s eyes, he’s captivated by this girl. Who is Bai really?

                “I’ve been wanting to contact you but you changed your number. How are you? Are you still in Rome? You didn’t return to Thailand?” She asked.

                “I did not. Well. I’m just famous at partying all night in Rome. And I’m happy. I have to go. I mean we have to go. My friend seems to be… well, bored. Nice seeing you again Bai! You still look the same. Except you’re married now.” Nick said.

                “No, not really. I don’t mind. You can talk for a while. I can wait.” I offered.

                “We’ll have our picnic right?” Nick said.

                “Yeah but –” I uttered

                “We’ll see you soon, Bai!” Nick said and waved goodbye.

He dragged me again and we immediately left. I didn’t ask Nick, I fought the urge to ask. He might get pissed or whatever. He already is. I guess. We arrived in a nice place called Val d’Orcia. I love the green meadows! The fresh air. Really perfect for our picnic. But Nick wasn’t in the mood? I can tell. He’s quiet and he’s serious.

                The urge was unbearable and so I asked “Nick, what’s the matter? Who is she?”

                “She’s nothing important. Just one of the girls I’ve been with.” Nick answered while fixing the picnic blanket.

                “Is she the one who fooled you?” I asked.

                “Why do you need to know?” Nick said still fixing the picnic set up.

                “I want to know.” I simply said.

                “Well, I left her before. I hate seeing her.” Nick answered.

                “Why?”

                “No reason. I left her because I want to. And I hate her because I hate her.”

                “There must be a reason for that!”

                “Nothing!”

                “Impossible.”

                “Do you need a reason for everything?”

                “Yes, like I have my own reason for doing and saying what I want”

                “Sorry, there’s no reason at all. Will you stop asking? I’m so annoyed.”

                “Maybe you still love her, don’t you?”

                “Stop asking”

                “Afraid to answer?”

                “I SAID STOP ASKING!!” Nick shouted and threw one of the wine glasses we brought.

That… shut my mouth instantly. He was really mad. I don’t know why. I ruined his mood again.

                “Ugh. I’m sorry.” Nick apologized as soon as the glass broke into pieces and hugged me. “I just don’t want to talk about it.”

                “I’m sorry too.” I said.

It was the most awkward picnic ever! But I accomplished my bucket list #21: Picnic. We began eating the food we both prepared. Then we just shared the remaining glass for the Champagne.

                “What do you want to know?” Nick asked breaking the silence finally!

                “Well, about her.” I said softly.

                “Bai?” He asked and I nodded “She’s my ex-girlfriend. She the one I’m talking about. Well, it was almost 3 yrs too when I last saw her. And now she married.”

                “Where did you meet her?” I asked.

                “In Thailand. She’s my first girlfriend. She was my first love. But she’s also the reason why I don’t believe in love. Do you also want to know?” he asked

                “If it’s fine with you.” I answered politely.

                “That girl I’ve been dreaming for so long. She’s Bai. I loved music because she loved it too. Like you, she also dreamed to go here in Italy. When she finally got some offer in going to Rome she accepted it without even asking me. Which of course, made me really mad and sulky. But I didn’t want to be the reason why she wouldn’t pursue her dream. And so I let her go and promised that I will soon follow. I love music, Vic. And I wanna do it for a living, with her. But my dad simply did not allow. I worked day and night to help my family and to earn for my ticket to Rome to be with Bai again. I’m so stupid back then hoping we could continue our love story here in Italy. So I really, really worked hard to earn. I applied for my visa multiple times and got denied multiple times too. Until one day 3 years ago, I finally got the approval.”

                “And then? What’s your parents’ reaction?” I asked.

                “I went home to happily announce to my parents and siblings my Rome plan. I told them that I will pursue music there and will send money for them, but guess what? I ended up with bruises. My dad punched me and almost killed me. According to him, I was an irresponsible and selfish guy who will leave them in Thailand to follow my girlfriend. Yes, that was true, I wanted to be with Bai but I wasn’t dnying the fact that I need to help my family. I tried to explain but my dad let me choose, stay in Thailand or leave for Rome and forget everything, even the fact that I’m their eldest son. I have been forsaken by my own family. I still left for Rome. That’s why I’m here today. When I got in Rome, I immediately searched for the address Bai gave to surprise her. But instead of surprising her, I was the one surprised by her. I caught her in the act of having with an Italian guy in her own condo.”

                “I’m so sorry.” I apologized. I didn’t really thought it was that dead serious.

                “After that incident she apologized, I loved her so much that I want to give her another chance and so I let her choose, that Italian bastard or me? She chose that Italian, whom I bet is her husband now. Because the reason why she got here in Italy was because of him. She’s been cheating on me ever since. I can’t believe that. I never kissed her, had with her or anything stupid because I respect her. I want to preserve her but she was already cheating on me. That . Since I only loved music because of her, I never played again. I just find a job to earn for my ticket back to Thailand. But my dad, after I left, doesn’t treat me as a son anymore. So I just stayed here. And had all my money wasted on parties and myself. Having different girls pay for me. That’s my bullcrap life. Thank you for listening.”

                “Nick, I really am sorry.” I apologized again

                “No need to say sorry. I’m fine. That was 3 years ago. Are you kdding me? That doesn’t hurt anymore. I’ve already learned so much from that. You’re the first person to know about this. You are just so irresistible!” He giggled

                I giggled with him.

                “I don’t know what’s with you that I can’t resist. I can’t break your heart.”

                “Cancer perks”

                “Nah.” He drank the bottle of Champagne.

----------------------------

Author's Note:

Sorry for keeping you waiting! This Chapter is SOOOOOOOO long. don't you think? i really need to squeeze in all the ideas so that my plot will not be messed up or whatever. Tell me your insights! Oh and by the way, let me remind you that my story (this fan fiction that I'm making) is COMPLETELY unrealistic. It's a fiction after all. So yeah! How did you find Nick's story? and their relationship as of now? Stay tuned for Chapter 6! Another adventure for the two! XO.