Could we be heroes?

SeeKo's SNSD one shot collection

A/N: Just drabble. I don't know where this will go or how this will end. My head is drugged up on cold/flu meds and my throat feels like its got a piece of fluff stuff down it and doing the horizontal mash with my tonsils. Well then...

I remember it all like it was yesterday. I remember her head on my shoulder, snuggled up to a little curve she claims was made for her. I like to think that over time, her constant presence there shaped my body that way. But who knows.

I remember the comfortable silence that had becoming thing in our relationship. It was all so odd, because I knew she loved to talk about anything. About them. About him. About us.

I remember her shifting a little, turning a little. 

I remember her sighing and shuffling.

I remember her nose against my cheek. It's cold but my cheek is glowing and warm.

"Do you think we could be heroes, babe?"

I remember the warmth. I remember the fuzz. Warm and fuzzy.

"Hmm?"

"Do you think we could change the world?"

I remember thinking and thinking. Thinking about what she meant by we. Did we mean all of us from before? Or maybe all of us after. Or maybe... just us?

I remember needing to understand what she means. So I turn a little and her head falls off my shoulder. She grunts a little and then pouts.

I remember staring into her eyes, just wanting to see the way she sees. To see all the wonders, all the untainted glory of our existance with her clear eyes. Fearless. Strong.

"I think you could."

"Hmm..."

I remember her blinking at me. I wish I knew what she was thinking.

"But what about you?"

I remember gently taking her hand and loosely holding her fingers. I remember her not being satisfied with that, so she entwines hers tightly with mine.

"I don't think I could change the world."

"But you think I could."

I remember smiling and then nodding. I remember you looking at me so perplexed. So confused.

"I think for you I would try."

I remember you groaning and burying your face into my shoulder.

"I just want to make a difference. Just to someone."

I remember my cheeks flushing and shielding my eyes with forearm. I'm so embarassed.

"You could be a hero if you wanted to. You could try to change someone's life. Maybe..."

I remember your muffled giggle as I continue.

"Or you could just be mine and know that you've already succeeded."

I remember my face next to yours. Yours is so cold and soft. Mine is the burning like a dying star.

"Are you saying I'm your hero?"

I remember your hands prying my arm away from my face. I can't stop my face from lighting up when my eyes meet yours.

"I'm saying you're my everything."

End.