Silver Lining

R.A 134: The Love Code

Hey guys! Wow, I haven't updated this since June?! O.o I know I've been too caught up with my anyber oneshots and fret not, I haven't abandoned this fic or my chanber fic. 

 

I am thoroughlly suprised at the number of subscribers and upvotes I got from just uploading one chapter! I totally didn't expect that. Thank you so much for the amount of support and inspiration you guys have given me. Despite the amount of work I have piling up, I made time to update a second chapter because I didn't want to disappoint you guys and I wanted to make it a point to update this before the years ends. 

 

Also, the amount of exober pics I have seen recently have been firing up my brain ASDFGHHJKL and I suddenly have a new obsession over XIUBER <3 <3 I seriously believe he likes her for real. I SHIP THEM SO HARD RIGHT NOW KYAAAA

 

DMD DI PWDE IG JAN. 6 NLNG MGSUGOD AMO KLSE? HUHU GIDAGINUT PA DYD ANG THURSDAY OG FRIDAY DAH WAAAAH TABANG DESIGN OG ARSCI INTWN HUHU DEADLINE OG REPORTING WAAAH WAI USO BAKASYON SA ARKI OI!

 

Ahehe, sorry about the rant.

 

Anways, advance happy new year to all of you and I hope you enjoy this chapter :D

 

 


 

"Polycarbonates are so the rage these days! Green roofing is too expensive to maintain."
 
 
If monday had a face, Amber would have sent its riveting exterior fifty feet below the ground. Unfortunately for her that unnerving syndrome had a name, and it-- well he went by the name of Byun Baekhyun. As if the first day of the week wasn't a pain the , how much more the exact same day except earlier like sunrise early with an unwanted breakfast waiting on your desk every single day. 
 
 
Every ing day.
 
 
"For the last time, I'm not replacing my original design with something as cheap as polycarbonates! This is a proposed super mall, not a waiting shed!" 
 
 
Like how her schedule usually flows, she pounds her balled up fist onto her cherry hardwood desk while her free hand profusely swats the persistent hands of her vexatious co-worker. And then they fight over the cursor, import over import.
 
 
"Cheap, but it's efficient and it looks trendy." Retorts the sassy burgundy turned plum haired design prodigy, forcefully replacing the material downloaded on the female's rendering software. 
 
 
"It barely benefits the environmental aspects of the structure, plus its lifespan doesn't last more than a year! And another thing, moisture ruins the aesthetics."
 
 
And so the midmorning argument begins.
 
 
"Polycarbonates!" 
 
 
Click.
 
 
"Green ing roof!"
 
 
Click.
 
 
"For once in your life, listen to me!"
 
 
Click.
 
 
"Goddamnit, I'm the architect here and you're the interior designer! Stop  messing with my designs for the facade!"
 
 
Click.
 
 
"I didn't graduate magna laude of my batch just to have my skills belittled like this!"
 
 
A problem has been detected and windows has been shut down to prevent damage to your work.
 
 
The plot thickens with a new scene of unexpected turmoil and butter mishaps. What an eventful day it was certainly turning out to be.
 
 
Baekhyun gulps the clogging spittle on his throat, thoughtfully glancing up at Amber who by now was stunned by utter horrification at the daunting blue screen flashing on her desktop.
 
 
"Uh-oh..."
 
 
"W-What...have....you...done..."
 
 
"Oh...umm...you must have a back up file on that, right?" He says hopefully, throwing one of his best insincere-sincere pout but the way her technical pen snapped between her delicate fingers confirmed his possible death.
 
 
"...Byun, I'm giving you a three second head start  to get the hell out of my office before I ship your to Timbuktu."
 
 
"I'm still getting paid for my services, right?"
 
 
"One..."
 
 
"I'm guessing you're really mad at me, huh."
 
 
"Two..."
 
 
"So, I'll just have my apprentice come over later?"
 
 
"Two and a half--"
 
 
Barely a millisecond passed and just as Amber hurdles her metric scale at Baekhyun's horrendous excuse of a hair job, he makes a turbo beeline for her door, barely grasping all his belongings. He attempts to wave goodbye but ends up with a plastic dart grounded perfectly at the center of his forehead. 
 
 
"Rough day?" Jongdae, her bespectacled secretary, walks in with a fresh cup of her Baekstress reliever. Thank goodness for his excellent timing.
 
 
"Oh the usual." She shoves herself away from her computer, gratifyingly grasping the styrofoam cup from him. "Remind me to trash his cubicle with Luhan's pre-morning selcas."
 
 
"Count me in! That snot-nosed midget has been ruining my chances with Jia noona ever since he got promoted as her junior ID." He snorts unattractively as he props himself sassily on her desk.
 
 
"You do know they're both gay, right? What about Bom unni's PA? I think her name was Ahn Sohee?"
 
 
"And have my balls cut off by her half-brother? No, thanks! I rather be that hot guy who enters a lesbian bar and leaves a straight bar."
 
 
"Whatever, man. Whatever floats your boat." With one final sip, Amber sets her mocha frappucino aside as she rearranges her overgrown charcoal tresses in a neat bun. 
 
 
"Do you want me to cancel all your appointments today? You could really use a day off."
 
 
"I wish I could but I have a deadline by the end of the month and Baekhyun's sporadic stupidity just delayed me even further." She yawns a bit, insomnia clearly evident under her seemingly beaming orbs. "On second thought, cancel everything. I'll spend the rest of today catching some z's."
 
 
Jongdae nods in affirmation, patting his boss on the head. "Alright. I'll take care of Baekhyun and I'll ask Chanyeol to drop by and check if he could retrieve a back up file from the mishap earlier."
 
 
"You are a life saver! I might reconsider a bonus on your paycheck."
 
 
"Really?"
 
 
"I said 'I might'." She mumbles through the makeshift pillow on her desk, head nestled on top of her crossed arms.
 
 
Apparently jutting his bottom lip didn't earn Jongdae any sympathetic apphrehension, just a face full of blueprints.
 
 
"Hey, watch the skin. CC cream doesn't exactly come cheap nowadays." He delicately fingers his sharp cheekbones as he crutches down to gather the slightly crumpled up bundle. A familiar silhouette greets his line of vision, extending a helping hand at retrieving the fallen paper works. A cheshire smile suddenly spreads across his face as he hurriedly takes the extra sheets the newcomer held and rushes to the door. "Oh and by the way, someone special is here to see you."
 
 
Amber groans inwardly. "I thought I told you to cancel everything--"
 
 
"Even our lunch date?"
 
 
Instantly, her ears perk up at the soothing bass tone echoing throughout her pristinely minimalist workroom. The alluring scent of Giorgio Armani's black code evades her senses and right there and then, she knew her silver lining to her dark cloud has arrived to save her from the shallow depths of woe. All wrapped up in a limited edition Brioni business suit, top-notched Louis Vuitton leather shoes, a suave slicked-up platinum quiff and megawatt blare of gums and pearly whites. With a longing gaze and quick greeting, her eyes crumples in crescents and her lips quirk up as the towering figure offers her a hug.
 
 
"Hey."
 
 
Vulnerability finally unmasks from her, tears finally flow from their hiding place. 
 
 
After every storm comes a rainbow.
 
 
In her case, a knight in shining armor imported directly from the land of maple syrup and ice hockey.
 
 
"I'm here. I've always been here."
 
 

 

I think you guys have a solid idea who that guy from the land of maple syrup and ice hockey is exactly. ㅋㅋㅋ 

 

Apparently, I'm using my iPad to write this and there's a huge possibility of typos amd grammatical errors. So, i'll give you guys a heads up if your notified of an update, it's just me editing those errors. 

 

Time check, it's 2:25 am. God, why am I only chuck full of ideas at ungodly hours?! T.T

 

comments, subscriptionsa and upvotes are highly appreciated :D

 

HAPPY NEW YEAR TO EVERYONE!!!