Cruel Intentions

R.A 134: The Love Code

Hey, guys! So, I've been gone for so so long and I'm really sorry again >.< Thesis officially made my school year 2014-2015 a literal hell. I cannot begin to explain all the I went through (broken frienships, unimaginable pressure, total lack of sleep for months, drinking countless energy drinks to stay awake). But the good news is that I'm done with my thesis yeeey hahaha. Despite the all those , it was worth it because I passed~and I'll be graduating this coming October 2015. Now that I have only four subjects left (mostly math, yeah I at math), I have plenty of time to spare to continue my unpublished fics.

 

So, I've been working on this chapter for quite a while since I didn't have that much extra time last year and I have to tweek it couple times but yeah. Like, I've mentioned before, I'll be introducing new characters in the next chapters and I hope you don't mind that these charcters are not in k-pop...they're more like australian...kiwi-scottish...half irish...british...irish...yeah XD

 

Sorry again if this chapter isn't that long >.< Chapter 4 is currently in progress ><

 


 

"We're going to be best friends forever!"

 

"Anyone who dares to lay a finger on you or even dare to talk down to you, will have to choke on my fists!"

 

"I promise to always be there when you need me. Don't cry. It hurts me to see you cry."

 

"Oh, sorry. I can't hangout with you today. Student council meeting and stuff. Don't worry. I'll text you right after."

 

"I'm kind of busy right now."

 

"What the hell? Why are you overreacting like this? It's not like you're my girlfriend or anything!"

 

"I'm so sorry. Please forgive me...there! Are you satisfied now? Ugh, you are seriously wasting my time."

 

"This day will be a constant reminder of the eternal imprisonment you selfishly dragged me into."

 

"God, kill me now. I rather die in a massacre than spend another day married to you."

 

"Amber, you're spacing out again."

 

At once, the latter woke up from the hypnotizing stupor, glancing from side to side to make sure she was on the same time period. The half-eaten linguine strips wrapped around her fork convinced her that she was indeed in the public scrutiny of the snooty European restaurant, carelessly ignoring the existence of her companion. She hastily set the neglected pasta away as she mustered to plaster a smile that would mask her previous trail of thought. "Oh...I'm sorry. What were we talking about again?"

 

The man before her sighed deeply. He was completely aware of the cheerful facade Amber forcefully puts on to reassure him she had the situation under control. Obviously, he could see right through her false pretense happiness. He always had.

 

"I...never mind..."

 

"Kris..."

 

"Josephine." The blonde now known as Kris says warningly, no signs of contempt held in his tone as he receives a sharp poke in return.

 

"Bastard. I thought I told you never to call me that!" Unknowingly, her lips tug slightly upward at the childish exchange.

 

"I just did." Kris notes the dramatic display of Amber rolling her eyes indignantly at his equally dramatic statement and it gave him a complacent feeling that his friend was still present behind the fake demeanor. "By the way, a little birdie told me that a certain eyeliner-obsessed eggplant accidentally caused a fatal error on your computer."

 

"Accident? Ha, more like he did it on purpose! Wait a minute, Luhan told you that, didn't he? I swear those two are fu---"

 

"Woah right there. No swearing, please. This place is child friendly and I'm pretty sure that lady with the twins across us has been giving us the stank eye ever since you called me a bastard."

 

"Really?!" And he was right. The woman who seemed to be in her late 30's was definitely glaring at Amber and almost discreetly indiscreet, she had her middle finger pointed subtly at her as she held her distasteful beverage to her lips. What a . So much for 'child friendly' environment. "Wow, that was very mature of her."

 

"Anyway, back to the main topic. While you were practically gawking like a half-wit---ow! I mean, daydreaming, Jongdae actually texted me about what happened and told me that you had nothing to worry about. Chanyeol managed to recover your file from when you last saved it."

 

"Oh, thank God! Now I don't have to deal with being brought in for questioning for the sudden and mysterious disappearance of Byun Baekhyun." Somehow the supposed prude woman across their table was blessed with bionic powers because there she was again, darting piercing stares as if she was cyclops. "Geez, I was only kidding! God, why are you so obsessed with me? Just because I don't have kids doesn't automatically justify that I live to taint the souls of your innocent children with my colorful vocabulary!" 

 

Not wanting to cause a scene, Kris hurriedly overpays the bill and pulls his ill-tempered colleague away from the establishment. This wasn't exactly the first occurrence he had to deal with her sudden whirlwind of mood-swings. Who could blame her? It's barely even a month since the incident and he wonders how long she could keep the whole truth to herself before it finally manages to crumble her to insanity. 

 

Once they reached his private vehicle, neither spoke of the outburst. As soon as the engine was brought to life, so was Amber's perky false facade. Times like this he wished he could turn back time and warn her past teenage self from the ed up reality she'd be in for if she choose the path her heart desired, but of course that was scientifically beyond the realms of possibility. 

 


 

"Amber, we need to talk."

 

Not a moment had pass since the vertical traveling compartment arrived at their desired floor level, the awkward tension had once again evaded. 

 

Amber wistfully manages to hold her composure as she steps out of the elevator. Without even glancing back, she raises both her thumbs so as to assure him that she was perfectly fine. 
 

"Amber..."

 

"Jesus, Yifan, take a chill pill. Seriously, I'm fine. Nothing to worry about, okay?" Before Kris could even retort at the sudden crack of her voice, she hurriedly makes her way towards her office, though she doesn't miss the nervous glance of her trusty secretary. "Jongdae, is there a problem?"

 

The aforementioned man fiddles with his walrus eyeglasses, eyes pacing back and forth from Kris to Amber in an agitated manner. He heaves out a deep sigh as he struggles to meet eye to eye. "Umm, a package arrived for you", he manages to stutter, "...from the states."

 

Further confirmation was barely necessary. All three of them knew what the exact contents were inside the burnished colored compartment. What Amber wasn't prepared for was the simple three syllable heartache labelled boldly on the receiver info sticker. As if reality wasn't enough of a harsh reminder. Crystalline droplets were starting to blur her vision as she rushes inside her office, Kris tailing behind her. Jongdae abruptly pulls him to the side as he remorsefully hands him the accursed parcel and heads back to his station. An unsettling frown stays on his seemingly flawless features as he clutches the object in his hand. He just had to mail it to the office. What an ! With one last glance, he enters her office, package set to the furthest shelf of her bookcase as he rushes towards her sobbing form. She didn't deserve such cruel intentions written in wafer-thin disposable sheets. For all the ethereal wrapped like hell she's been through, that's the last thing she deserved to go through.

 

 

Woo, Yiyun/ Amber J. Woo
EXOPLANET Architecture and Design
119 Seolleung-ro 190-gil, Gangnam-gu, Seoul, South Korea

 

Woo Sunghyun/ Kevin Woo 
Danville, California, United States

 

Contents: Petition for divorce documents 

 

 


 

I guess most of you have now realized that Kris isn't Amber's husband hehehe >< You'll find out more in the next chapters :)

 Will be updating soon ;)