Yesterday Came Suddenly (Longing For Yesterday)

R.A 134: The Love Code

Hey, guys! Just as promised, I've updated a new chapter and I also have a written draft of the next chapter. Just so you know, EXO will always be O12 to me, so yeah...><

 

Oh yeah, I've just recently discovered that asianfanfics had an app already. So downloaded it yesterday but when I opened the app, it didn't seem to work :/ Anyway, this fic is also posted on wattpad, so as my 10 Out of 10 Points oneshot collection (kwonsaedism)

 


 

 

Hate.

 

 

It was just four letters yet powerful enough to portray such venomous emotions, loathsome to the brink of utter damnation to the fiery underworld for the ungrateful bastard. As much as she tries to embody the feeling, beneath her emotionally battered soul lays the shattered pieces that once resonated with love. Truth be told, hate barely seeped through her system.

 

 

“I can’t do this anymore!”

 

 

“Sunghyun, pleas—“

 

 

“This is not the life I want! I deserve to be happy too!”

 

 

Amber stifles a sob as each word pierces through her like a cannonball. How did their relationship desolate into shreds of despair? How could her selfless decision torment her like this?

 

 

“Amber…please…talk to me. I don’t want you detonating ‘til you lose yourself…please…”

 

 

“It was my entire fault, Kris! I did this to him. If I hadn’t…If I just…I shouldn’t have…”

 

 

“Amber…”

 

 

“I-I thought he would eventually love me back. I did everything I could, Kris. I just…”

 

 

Even her body betrays her as she slips through her perfectly tied knots of emotional control. From the very beginning, she knew entering such commitment wouldn’t be an easy task and that the path would eventually be rid of such cobblestone bumps, but unfortunately cobblestones became ranges of cold-hearted strident stalactites. How she wishes to reset the happenings to that very moment she fell in love with the anti-knight-in-shinning-armour, and to the day she became his anti-heroine.

 

 

Amber smiles bitterly, “He just made me feel loved and worthless at the same time, in a sick, twisted way…”

 

 

“You’re not worthless, okay. Never. As cliché as this sounds, Kevin was too blind and dumb to notice how lucky he was to have a woman of valour like you, love a dickhead asswipe like him.”

 

 

Despite the turmoil surging within her, Kris always manages to wipe the sorrow from her eyes and replace them with a truthful smile. If only she fell for the awkward, lanky Chinese-Canadian born rapper wannabe – slash – aspiring engineer back then. Then maybe, just maybe, tears wouldn’t have the habit of constantly trailing down from her eyes. But of course, it would just turn out as heartbreakingly similar.

 

 

As if on cue, a blaring ringtone reverberates throughout the room causing both to break away from the embrace. Amber notices the immediate deflection of Kris’ previous upturn crescent, and from that she knew the exact identity of the caller.

 

 

“I’m at work right now. Of course I’m aware that today’s our bloody anniversary! What?! Does it even look like I have time to see someone else behind your back? God!”

 

 

For the last eighteen years Amber has known Kris, she had a full-scale knowledge as to where the abrasiveness came from. Despite his denial antics, the countless women he’s slept with, the bottled up truth he’s kept guarded and hidden for all these years, he’ll eventually turn out like her: a detonating grenade.

 

 

The phone call ends up with Kris nearly tossing his expensive gadget across the room. Though their circumstance might be different, they both shared the same nagging emotions, but the light-haired male was more apparent with his ticking temper.

 

 

“I guess we both have it bad, huh.”

 

 

“Kris…”

 

 

“…stupid ing family reputation and their goddamned traditional morals…”

 

 

Moments like this are when words are utterly transparent and the only comfort needed is being nestled in the arms of the sole companion who’s been present throughout the years. Nothing could ruin the exchange of mutual comfort, except for a bumbling ineptitude brought about by a syndrome known as Byun Baekhyun carelessly barging in without a thoughtful knock.

 

 

“Oh…umm…this is awkward. I guess I should have knocked? I had no idea I was interrupting—”

 

 

What do you want, Baekhyun?”

 

 

“Hear me out. I come in peace! I took full responsibility of the damage I did and I took the liberty of following your instructions, and ditched the polycarbonates. So, I saved it here in this thingamajig and I uhh hope I’m still getting paid for this?”

 

 

“Just…please get out, Baekhyun. I really don’t want to deal with this now.”

 

 

“So, tomorrow then? Oh okay, I’ll leave you two to continue –OW!” Apparently, plastic darts are quite handy in situations involving nosy pipsqueaks, as well as metric scales.

 

 

“Out!” Amber slumps herself down on her swivelling chair as she rubs her temple in frustration, annoyance once again creeping through her veins. “I swear to God if he wasn’t a damn genius interior designer, I would have shoved him inside his vintage hipster skinny jeans a long time ago.”

 

 

“Well, don’t you think it’s about time you accept new apprentices now that your British triplet imports are off to review for the board exams. You do need the extra help for this project, especially someone inclined specifically in the architecture field.”

 

 

“I still have two of my dear Aussies and Mr. half Kiwi and Scottish over there.”

 

 

“That’s only three of them and you do know they’re handling other projects like everyone else here. Look, you’re stressed out and I can tell how badly you need extra hands and ideas for this proposal. Say you’ll think about it?”

 

 

Of course she just nods apprehensively. Though this wasn’t exactly the perks of your best friend being your boss she imagined, but he was right. Time is of the essence and so was her emotional stability.

 

 

“Fine, as long as I’m not dealing with more Baekhyuns.”

 

 


 

Next chapter will be mostly Sehun-centric and a bit of something else :) Hope you guys like this chapter and will continue to read and anticipate the future chapters as well as my other stories :) 

 

comments and upvotes are very much appreciated :D