Lay's train trip

The nightmare

 

Lay bent down to catch his breath. Rue was making him run to the station because she didn't want to be late in case she missed the train to Busan.
 
She always wanted to go to Busan ever since she was born. She wanted to get a tan because she was jealous of all those people who were a nice golden brown and she was as white as a ghost.
 
She was even jealous of lay's skin colour even though he was pale too
 
“Lay! We're going to be late!”Rue ran back to grab Lay's hand and dragged him forward.
 
“YAH! Rue! You're hurting me! You're cutting off my blood supply!”Lay tried to loosen Rue's grip
 
“S..So..sorry,”Rue let go of Lay's hand. Lay smiled. This was why he loved her so much.
 
“Come on then if this is so important for you!” Lay smiled at Rue and walked forward.
 
“This way, wait what platform is this? Ugh this is so confusing! LAY! Help me!” Rue couldn't stop panicking. Lay sighed. He grabbed Rue's hand and dragged her onto the train.
 
“There you go! Happy?!” Lay dropped down beside her.
 
“Yes,very you're the best boyfriend ever!” Rue placed a kiss on Lay's cheek.
 
“I know!” Lay replied putting on his headphones.
 
“Ugh you are so not modest!” Rue playfully slapped Lay's arm before putting her head on Lay's shoulder.
Lay didn't hear her because of the volume of his music. He just smiled and put his hand through Rue's hair. Hopefully it wouldn't take too long. But this would be Lay's longest trip ever.
 
He just didn't know it.
 
Rue shook Lay they were approaching their stop.
 
“Hey what's happening?”
 
“Our stop was back there.”
 
“Why aren't we stopping?”
 
The voices woke Lay up. “What's wrong?” He asked.
 
“We just missed our stop!” Rue exclaimed.
 
“What?!” Lay sat up straight. “Come on lets go talk to the commander of the train,” Lay like the other angry passengers got up too go and complain too the train’s commander.
 
“Sorry we are having a slight malfunction please stay calm and stay in your seats to ensure your safety thank you.”
 
Lay knew something was wrong the commanders voice was trembling. Lay sat back down.
 
“SO!? What are you going to do?” Rue asked Lay
 
“Nothing i’m just going too what i can which is sleep.” Lay replied a smile creeping onto his face.
 
“You’re so useless!” Rue stated.
 
“So are you! Why don’t you do something?”  Lay asked.
 
“Fine i will! I always have to do everything don’t I? Don’t I Lay?” Rue asked.
 
“Meh if you say so.” Lay replied.
 
“What’s that supposed to mean?”Rue asked lay.
 
“Nothing!”Lay said pecking Rue on the cheek.
 
“Lier!! Tell me!” Rue insisted.
 
Lay opened his mouth but shut again. Twice.
 
“What is that supposed to mean?” Rue asked.
 
“I love you.?” Lay said  abit unsure on what he actually meant.
 
“Oh sure that’s what it means! Why the isn’t this train moving?”Rue shouted
 
“Calm down Rue they’re going to fix it!”. Lay said
 
“NO Lay get up and go fix it!!!!!!” Rue half ordered half asked lay.
 
“Calm down Rue they said they’re going to fix it!!” Lay replied
 
“NO!” Rue got up and started walking to the commanders cabin “Fine i’ll fix it.”
 
“Rue” Lay shook his head and continued to stare after her.
 
“You should go after her,” an old lady sat next too Lay “Ladies don’t liked to be alone. and i know she was just a little annoyed her first time too Busan i presume. Am i right?”
 
Lay nodded. “How’d you know.”
 
“An old woman is a wise one.”
 
“OH. Umm thank mrs old lady,” Lay bowed as he got up too go after her.
 
“No problem Lay,”
 
“How’d you know my name?” But Lay turned to see no-one there and other people on the train staring at him in concern
 
Lay shook his head and carried on after Rue. What just happened? Lay thought as he ran in the direction Rue had gone in. Where’d you go? Lay thought
 
He never remembered the train being this long.
 
“Rue?” Lay asked.
 
“Lay where are you why can’t I see you?” Rue asked
 
 
Lay opened his mouth to reply but something else spoke.
 
 
"Welcome to the game of shadows. Here's how it works one must die while the other will survive. Both cannot leave this place. You have until the oxygen in your room runs out to decide."
 
 
They were left in silence.
 
 
Until "What kind of sick joke is this?" Lay asked.
 
 
"Oh no Mr Zhang this is no game this is life or death. Good luck."
 
 
"Lay where are you?" Rue croaked
 
 
"Don't worry I'm coming." Lay teared his face away from the place he had heard the voice from to concentrate on Rue.
 
 
Lay found his way to her and she ran into his arms.
 
 
"Lay I'm so scared." She said, burying her head in Lay's shirt.
 
 
"Don't worry you're going to be fine!" Lay assured, her soft her while trying to  calm her down.
 
 
"How can we get out?" Rue asked after she had stopped sobbing.
 
 
"We can't someone has to find us I think we were just hallucinating or something and we're just lost that's it." Lay assured even though he knew better.
 
 
Hours went past and nothing happened. Neither spoke but just sat in each others arms.
 
 
"Lay it's getting hard to breathe are we really going die?" Rue asked,terrified as she couldn't believe what was going to happen.
 
 
"No! You're not going to die. I'm going to make sure you are going to live no matter what." Lay embraced Rue before getting up and leaving her.
 
 
He began to look for away to get out. He knew there had to be one.
 
 
"Lay come here," Lay turned around to see the old woman staring at Lay.
 
 
Lay followed obediently as the old woman led Laynto the other side of the room.
 
 
"You know a way to get out?" He asked after a minute or so of silence.
 
 
"There is no way to get out." She replied. Her voice sending chills down his back.
 
 
"Then how did you get in?" Lay asked,confusion spreading all over his face.
 
 
"That's because I'm not alive." She stopped. Lay bumped expected to bump into her but instead he went straight through her and the ice consumed Lay
 
 
He was frozen. She wasn't lying she wasn't alive. She was a ghost.
 
 
"I am a spirit that cannot leave this train I too was someone like you trapped inside this so called games of shadows. But the man I loved survived and I died and was cursed so I can never leave this train."  She explained.
 
 
"What should I do?" Lay asked.
 
 
"Do you love her?" The old woman asked.
 
 
"Huh?!" the old woman smacked Lay lightly and asked again.
 
 
"Do you love her?"
 
 
"Yes." Lay replied.
 
 
"Then you'll be willing to give up your life for her?"
 
 
"Of course !"
 
 
"Then do it." She said pointing at the table of knives.
 
 
Lay gulped.
 
 
"Don't worry after you die she won't have any memory of you." The old woman reassured.
 
 
Lay took in a deep breath as he drove the dagger into his heart.
 
 
Luhan smiled at the results of his story and look on Lay's face. "So who next? Ohh kris!" Luhan smiled.
 
 
"Luhan I will drive your pretty little face into the wall." Kris said.
 
 
"Awe Kris don't be such a spoilt sport.!" And Luhan began the next story.
 
 
A/n hey I'm thinking of improving each one and then making them oneshots asas wells hope you liked it I did pls comment and subscribe!