Chapter 10

Frozen Hearts

 

One Month Later

 

 

But I don't wanna go to school~”

 

 

Donghae sighed again as he stood over Hyukjae who still lay tangled in the sheets of his bed. He hugged the pillow to his face, refusing to move even after Donghae begged him to get ready.

 

 

We're going to be late, Hyukkie.” Donghae poked the side of Hyukjae's head repeatedly. The red head could practically see the pout forming on those thin lips he loved so much.

 

 

Hyukjae glanced at his boyfriend and smiled cheekily. “I never got my morning kiss,” he reminded Donghae. “Then maybe I'll get up.” He rolled until he was lying on his back, a teasing smile still on his lips.

 

 

Donghae fought back his own smile and leaned over to peck Hyukjae lightly on the cheek. He was about to stand up when Hyukjae caught his wrist and pulled him on the bed. Somehow, Donghae found himself pinned beneath the older boy who was now hovering over him.

 

 

That wasn't a proper morning kiss, Donghae,” Hyukjae whispered huskily in the brunette's ear.

 

 

It got you up though, didn't it?” Donghae challenged, feeling brave despite the position he was in. In fact, it made him excited.

 

 

Hyukjae the shell of Donghae's ear. “Need me to show you how to do it right?” He smiled again when the only reply he got was a moan.

 

 

Hyukjae started at Donghae's hairline, kissing down his neck, and places that had the boy under him thrashing. He continued kissing along Donghae's jaw until he nipped at the spot just behind Donghae's left ear and received a whimpering plea from the younger.

 

Please...kiss me...”

 

 

Donghae couldn't take the stalling any longer. He wanted to feel Hyukjae's lips on his, and he wanted to feel them now!

 

 

He shivered as Hyukjae trailed kisses along every inch of that side of his neck and hard on the spot where his neck met his shoulder. Donghae let out another moan knowing that Hyukjae was marking him. The older continued kissing his way back to Donghae's face. He left more kisses, some soft, some hard, on his eyelids, temples, cheeks, everywhere...but his lips.

 

 

Hyukjae could see that Donghae was beyond frustrated. But this was revenge for trying to get away with that quick kiss earlier. Besides, watching Donghae all needy was a wicked turn on.

 

 

Finally, he gave in and pressed his lips against Donghae's. It started slow, and Hyukjae kept teasing the brunette. Every time Donghae would part his lips and moan, asking for more and practically begging Hyukjae to slip his tongue inside his mouth, the older would smirk and that quivering bottom lip but stop there.

 

 

Donghae's fingers were digging into Hyukjae's forearms, so the red head grabbed both his wrists with one hand and held them above Donghae's head. The other hand ghosted over Donghae's side, leaving fiery trails in their wake.

 

 

It was unbearable.

 

Donghae couldn't take it anymore.

 

 

Please, Hyukkie!” he pleaded. “K-Kiss me...I can't stand it!...”

 

Hearing Donghae beg and moan, Hyukjae obliged and slid his tongue into Donghae's mouth, swallowing the sigh/moan that the brunette let out. Donghae eagerly began kissing him back, his pleasured groan muffled each time Hyukjae's tongue took the initiative and dominated his own.

 

 

So lost in the moment, Donghae wasn't even aware that he had begun to lift his hips off the bed looking for friction. The inside of his thigh rubbed against Hyukjae's knee as a result. Hyukjae heard another whimper from the brunette and placed his free hand on Donghae's hip to keep him from moving. The younger wanted to protest, but his mind couldn't form a coherent sentence.

 

 

When the need for oxygen became too much to bear, Hyukjae pulled back and stared at Donghae who was panting hard, his lips swollen.

 

 

You're pretty loud for someone who rarely talks,” Hyukjae pointed out, nuzzling Donghae's nose with his. “I like it.” He winked, causing the latter to blush. Kissing Donghae's lips one more time, Hyukjae released his wrists and sat back, hopping off the bed. “I'll go get ready now.” He disappeared into the bathroom.

 

Donghae lay there, still slightly out-of-breath.

 

 

He thought about how much closer he and Hyukjae had gotten in their relationship over the past month. Closer in the emotional sense of the word, but Donghae kind of wished that it was in the physical way too. Of course he loved Hyukjae's kisses—the fact making him blush just thinking about it—but his body was craving more. And just like this morning, Hyukjae had stopped him.

 

 

Shortly after, the doorbell rang. Since Hyukjae was still in the bathroom, Donghae ran down the stairs to open it.

 

 

Sungmin and Kyuhyun were there, smirks their faces. Kyuhyun raised his eyebrows at Donghae's appearance.

 

 

The brunette's hair was messy in the back and plastered to his forehead and neck. His face was flushed, his lips still red from earlier, and there was an obvious, pinkish mark visible from under the collar of his shirt, which was wrinkled in several places.

 

 

Well, you look ed,” Sungmin stated.

 

 

Donghae blushed. Not yet, he thought, mentally pouting. I don't know why Hyukjae always holds back. He ushered them inside so that they wouldn't be standing in the cold.

 

 

So what were you two doing this morning? We were standing outside freezing our butts off for like ten minutes,” Sungmin began.

 

 

Donghae stuttered under his breath. “S-Sorry. We were...um...”

 

 

Hae was just giving me my morning kiss.”

 

 

Three heads turned to see Hyukjae descending the stairs. He jumped over the last too and walked over to his blushing boyfriend. He smoothed the mop of brown hair in the back and kissed Donghae's cheek.

 

 

Mmhmm...” Sungmin replied, suggesting something more with his eyes. “Right.”

 

 

Really!” Hyukjae insisted, sensing Donghae's embarrassment radiating off his body.

 

 

Kyuhyun sighed, clamping a hand over Sungmin's mouth, silencing the next string of (most likely profane) teasing comments that were coming next. “Okay, Min,” he said. “No need to press them about their lives. Let's hurry before we're late.” He dragged Sungmin out the door.

 

 

Hyukjae shook his head and rubbed his temples. He glanced at Donghae's face, which was in a state of shock. He ruffled Donghae's hair and grabbed his jacket. “Come on, Hae. Just ignore them.”

 

Donghae nodded and followed the older boy out the door.

 

School was boring, as usual, and Donghae was having difficulty keeping his eyes from shifting between Hyukjae and the window. But after each bell, Hyukjae would walk over to him and hug him from behind.

 

 

It wasn't a secret that Hyukjae and Donghae were dating. The fact saddened many girls, and a few guys, but angered others. Jessica hated Hyukjae even more now. And she and Sungmin fought more too. Hyukjae also couldn't stand Jessica's stunts to win over Donghae. The brunette was too nice to say no, but he certainly wouldn't let Jessica control him. Except maybe a little because it made Hyukjae jealous, which usually led to possessive behavior and well...let's just say that Donghae liked a jealous Hyukjae.

 

 

Just before lunch, Hyukjae was called by the teacher. He told Donghae to go with Sungmin and Kyuhyun to lunch and that he'd meet up with them. On their way to the cafeteria, Kyuhyun was asked by another teacher to tutor a freshman in math during lunch and he reluctantly agreed. He kissed Sungmin briefly and flashed his boyfriend a smile before following the teacher.

 

 

So that left just Sungmin and Donghae.

 

 

The younger boy was slightly nervous to be left alone with Sungmin. He wasn't scared of him or anything, but the bunny lover always seemed to bring up his and Hyukjae's private lives. He knew that Sungmin meant no harm, but it was embarrassing.

 

 

Once they were in the cafeteria, Sungmin shot Jessica and her friends a warning look for good measure and turned his attention on Donghae who was silently eating his lunch. The dark-haired boy fidgeted in his seat, dying to ask Donghae questions.

 

 

The other could feel the eyes on him and glanced up only to meet Sungmin aegyo eyes. Anyone else would have fallen for them, but Hyukjae and Kyuhyun had taught Donghae that those eyes either lead to trouble or bedroom activities.

 

 

Figuring it was the first one, Donghae motioned for Sungmin to ask.

 

 

What exactly were you two doing this morning?” Sungmin leaned on the table like a school girl trying to get the latest gossip.

 

 

K-Kissing...”

 

 

Only kissing?”

 

 

Y-Yes.”

 

 

Sungmin sighed. “You've been dating for over a month and only gotten as far as kissing. By the first couple of weeks, Kyu and I were—”

 

S-Sungmin,” Donghae interrupted, covering his innocent ears.

 

 

Oh sorry.” Sungmin giggled and munched on a cookie. After a few moments Donghae, suddenly looked sad. Sungmin panicked, thinking that he has said something to upset his cute friend. “Hey, Donghae, are you okay?”

 

 

The brunette nodded. He looked up and asked honestly, “Am I...attractive?”

 

 

Sungmin was speechless. Why would Donghae ask him that? “O-Of course you are. You wouldn't have tons of fangirls falling for you every second if you weren't.”

 

 

But...does Hyukkie think I'm attractive?”

 

 

From the lustful looks he gives you every day, I would say yes. Sungmin patted Donghae's shoulder. “I'm positive he does. Why do you ask?”

 

Donghae blushed. “Well... when I want to...he always um...stops me?” His voice cracked at the end, making it sound like a question.

 

 

Sungmin inwardly smirked, but spoke kindly. “I'm sure he has his reasons. Honestly, I thought he'd be all over you. Maybe he's afraid of pushing you too fast.”

 

 

Donghae considered it. Hyukjae may be rough with him sometimes, but he did be gentle an awful lot. “D-Does it.. um.. hurt?” he asked shyly.

 

 

Sungmin chuckled at Donghae's cuteness. “The first time hurts like hell.” He noticed Donghae flinch. “But I trusted Kyu not to hurt me, and believe me, it's so worth it after. You trust Hyukjae don't you?”

 

 

Of course!” Donghae said confidently.

 

 

Then don't worry about it.”

 

 

At that moment, Hyukjae entered the cafeteria. He noticed that Donghae's face was redder than usual and sighed. He didn't even want to know what images Sungmin had planted in his boyfriend's mind. Shaking such thoughts away, he sat down next to Donghae and wrapped an arm around his waist. When he felt Donghae stiffen, he frowned and Sungmin who wore an innocent expression.

 

 

The boy threw his hands up in defeat. “I'm gonna go find Kyu,” he said. Standing up, he winked at Donghae and hurried out of the room before Hyukjae had a chance to kill him.

 

 

Sorry, Hae.” Hyukjae removed his arm from his waist. “The teacher needed to ask me about the dance club's activities. Sungmin didn't bother you too much did he?”

 

Donghae smiled and shook his head. He lightly kissed the corner of Hyukjae's mouth.

 

 

*~*~*

 

 

It's not fair!” the blonde shrieked angrily in her room. “Why did he fall for that Hyukjae? I'm way better looking than he is!” She threw her pillow across the room and immediately began thinking of a way to get Donghae for herself.

 

 

*~*~*

 

 

Meanwhile, at their house...

 

 

Hae~” Hyukjae called from his room. “I didn't get my good night kiss~”

 

Donghae bit back a smile as the morning's events replayed themselves.