The Fear Of Thunder

My Teacher, My Lover

The morning light wakes me and I see Jeongmin's gone. "I wanted to ask him..." I mutter.

It flashes through my mind.

'I love you Hyemi.'

'I love you Hyemi.'

Like a sister right? I beg in my mind. It's bad enough I've got complications with- well it can't be complicated, I said it wasn't to him... yet I want to relive that night all over again. Kwon Jiyong.

"Ahhhhhh!" I scream and then hear a noise in the kitchen. "Who's there?"

I walk out my bedroom and I'm met with my big brother. "Oppa!" I yell happily. "How was the meeting in- wherever you went this time?"

He smiles and pulls a gift out for me. "Don't act like you care about my work, just ask for your present!" He pokes my forehead and I laugh.

"You know me too well Oppa."

He then grows at me and says sternly. "Why was I met with a blushing Jeongmin this morning?"

I look away and pout. "The storm..."

His expression softens. "I didn't know- sorry."

"You know Jeongmin's harmless Oppa." I say patting his arm and seeing the expensive perfume set he brought.

'I love you Hyemi.' CURSE YOU...

'I love you Hyemi.' CURSE YOU BRAIN!

"Oooh, looks posh." I say sniffing it, keeping my mind off of... him.

He nods and responds. "It wasn't expensive."

"Pabo..." You left the pricetag on...

"Anyway I'll be off to Japan for 2 weeks to seal a deal." He says taking some food out the fridge. "Want to come along?"

My eyes brighten up. "Really?"

He nods. "It's been a while since we went on Holiday right?"

"Wahh!" Then I realise that I cant since school just started. "You know I can't... school!" I kick his leg and he smirks. "Trying to tease your little sister. Bad Oppa!"

He chuckles and pats my head. "I know I'm bad, but I do have an amazing Christmas planned." He assures.

"You're going to spend Christmas with me this year? What if I have a boyfriend?" I say then... 'I love you Hyemi' Damn you brain!!!

He puts his shoes on at the door and retorts. "What if I have a girlfriend?"

That one kills me. I'm on the floor laughing when he leans back to take a look at me.

"Why is me having a girlfriend so funny?"

I hold my stomach and try to stop laughing but it's just too funny. "You. You... would be the worst boyfriend ever! Too busy with work."

"I'd make time." He says with a pout.

I stand up and pat his back, which is about the highest I can reach. "Yeah, like you make time for your little sister. Go to work and stop saying silly things... Bingu."

"Yah! I told you never to call me that again, I'm not Bingu." He states as he opens the door and is shocked by Jeongmin stood there. "Omo... Jeongmin-ah, just knock on the door. Don't wait for her like she's important."

I run forward and hit him then look at Jeongmin. "Morning, thank you for last night."

'I love you Hyemi.'

'I love you Hyemi.'

"Look we need to talk." I say to him making him flinch.

He nods and walks past oppa into the house.

Oppa makes a funny face and nods at me with a smirk. “I’ll be heading out, I’ll see you tonight before I leave for Japan. Okay?”

I nod back to him and watch him leave.

“Yah, Jeongmin-ah, you’re a bit early we don’t have to leave for school yet?” I try and act as normal as I can.

“Did you---hear what I said last night?” He says straight forward.

Oh no. this is bad. I have enough thinking about Jiyong, let alone having you to worry about to Jeongmin. I shake my head. “What are you talking about?”

“I said-”

Quickly I cut him off and run into my room. “Thanks for looking after me! But I better get changed for school. Wait for me!” I shout.

“Hyemi-ah! We really need to talk!” he calls back.

No I think I can happily avoid all talk about feelings with you Jeongmin! ALL OF THEM!