My heart is breaking.

My Teacher, My Lover

I bundle through the doors at Hirin High School and take note that everyone is staring at me, they’re between classes and crowded in the hallway. “Hi… where’s your teachers lounge?” I ask casually.

“That way…” One out of the large pack says pointing down the corridor.

I nod to them and say. “Thanks, I’m thinking of transferring, will they accept my application?” I remark with a hint of sarcasm hoping they’ll stop staring at me and go about their business… but nope they all just widen their eyes and nod. “Never seen a girl before…” I mutter and head down the corridor towards the teacher’s lounge where I peek through the window and see Jiyong smiling and nodding to a teacher who is facing away from me. “Jiyong…” I say slowly and then prepare myself to knock on the door but when I look back to the door he’s noticed me so I flinch and move away from the window. “...” I utter before pacing sideways back down the corridor.

“Hyemi, why are you here?” I hear and then turn away hoping I can avoid him. But then why am I avoiding him? I’m here to get him back right? But then I’m in my uniform too, and I can’t just kiss him and tell him that Jeongmin was a misunderstanding. “Hyemi?” He says my name again making me flinch and then turn towards him.

“Is this one of your students currently Mr Kwon?” A teacher behind says, she’s gorgeous… why does she know him? He was talking to a male teacher just now?!

He nods to her and then states. “She’s in my homeroom, although she’s problematic…” He rubs the back of his head and I’m getting pissed off. “She’s not too good at maths so I spend extra time with her, she must’ve gotten the wrong idea about me. This is the girl I explained about. The reason I’m transferring.”

My heart is aching. What did he tell her? That I’m seducing him? That I’m attracted to him… my heart is breaking at the thought of us being nothing more than a pathetic school crush. I feel myself want to cry but I won’t give him that satisfaction.

“Hyemi, let’s talk outside. I think we need to discuss this.” Jiyong says calmly.

I look between him and the gorgeous teacher that is now giving me a sympathetic look, she sees it too. That he’s handsome and all the girls in our school want a piece of him. “I don’t want to talk to you, I regret coming here.” I finally find words.

“I think we should talk though…” He says and then comes to me patting my shoulder. “Let’s go outside.”

I push him away from me and shout. “NO!” I look around and see that those students from earlier have followed me and witnessed all of this. “I’m not making any effort to listen to you.”

He sighs and grabs my wrist. “Outside now, before you embarrass yourself.” He says sternly.

“You’re not my teacher anymore, don’t boss me around!”

“Go!” He pulls me away and the guys all give me filthy looks, not that I care. Because I will never be coming to this school again! Ever!

 

 

 

We’re outside looking at the scenery. I let out a big breath and start talking since he’s not. “I came here to explain myself.”

“I don’t care why you came…” He says staring at the sky.

I look up to where he’s looking and then back to him. “Are you kidding me? Why are you being like this? Yesterday was the most amazing day of my life… we-“ I stop myself and then nod, if I’m going to do this I might as well say all I want to. “We both agreed we would see each other because of our mutual feelings.” I say in a calmer voice.

“I don’t-“

I don’t let him speak though… “But then I come into school to find your leaving? And then I come here thinking ‘I’ll tell him I love him, he’ll come back to me’ but instead I find you telling some woman that I’m harassing you and I’m the reason you’re transferring?!”

“You were kissing someone else, that someone who very vocally told everyone around yesterday he loved you and wanted you to date him?” He says meekly.

I scoff at him. “I didn’t kiss him.”

“I saw you?” He looks to me finally. “You can’t lie about it!” Then he lets out a sigh. “It’s better this way, now I know that yesterday was stupid and immature of me to do that to you I gave you false hope. I’m sorry.”

“Immature… back to being a child again, you need to change the record. We kissed, we ed… I was mature enough for you to screw me.” My words are vile, I know that too but… I can’t help myself.

“I regret it.”

PANG. That hurt.

“I regret screwing you, as you put it. I shouldn’t have done that. It was immature and impulsive.” He says in a deep and calm voice.

I feel my hands twitch and before I know it, I’ve slapped him. I’m glaring at him. “I’m nobody’s mistake.”

“You’re my biggest mistake Hyemi.” He says now he won’t look at me. “Do you think I could transfer to a new school within a day? The day I started there I put in for a transfer, because I knew it would turn sour with you.”

I finally let myself cry, but he just brushes his suit off and walks away from me. “I hate you.” I utter.

“Good, I feel better knowing that.” I hear him speak as he leaves.

My heart is in so much pain, I want it to stop. I want to die right here, I want to give up life as the pain is unbearable. I fall to my knees and sob my heart out.