Avoid. Avoid.

My Teacher, My Lover

I walk to school and amazingly avoid all conversations involving how much Jeongmin might have fallen in love with me. ASSA! “Hyemi-ah! Morning!” I hear as we reach the gates.

“Morning Mina! Where’s Yuri?” I look to see only half of my best friends.

She looks at me then to Jeongmin. “She’s not feeling to great today.”

I nod and shrug. “Then let’s go to hers after school with our notes?”

“You’re going to take notes today?” Jeongmin laughs.

I punch his arm and say with a stern voice. “You are not in my class Mr smarty pants! Therefore you don’t know if I take notes or not.”

“But you don’t.” Mina helps him out.

“You… don’t get involved when I’m arguing!” I say with a pout.

Everyone goes quiet in the hall and suddenly girls start squealing. “Actually Mr Kwon is quite cute behind those big lenses.” Someone says too loud and obvious.

“I know he’s a total hottie!” Another responds.

“Maybe he’s single.”

“No way! He’d have a trail of supermodels following him around.”

I scoff at everyone fawning over him. “Please he’s only a teacher!” I say out loud.

Jeongmin looks at me with a longing expression. “Hyemi, we really have to talk at some point.”

“Actually I agree, you two need to sort this thing out. A lot of people are asking me if you two are dating, and I feel awkward not knowing myself.” Mina suddenly pops up.

I look at her with a confused face. “Have I ever told you I was dating Jeongmin?”

“Well no…” She sighs. “But he often stays at your house and you’ve even slept in the same bed together, to a lot of people that would make you a couple.”

Jeongmin begins to blush and I look over and see Jiyong—uh I mean Mr Kwon heard all of that too. “Don’t be silly, we’re like siblings… brother and sister. Right Jeongmin-ah?”

He nods. “Ye-yeah I guess.”

“Oh, Jeongmin-ssi!” Some cute girl appears. “Are you walking to class, shall we go together?”

He smiles to her. “Shall we?”

“Who’s this?” I say with a smile towards her.

She bows slightly and says. “Oh, don’t worry we’re just classmates. I know you two are dating.”

My smile fades and I look to Jeongmin who’s scratching the back of his neck like he’s guilty. “We are… well that’s news to me.”

“You’re not dating?” She says with a confused expression.

I leave it there and just walk away. I like jeongmin he’s an amazing guy and friend but seriously this stuff infuriates me…

 

 

 

 

We’re in maths and I’m not really up to learning since he who must not be named is teaching. Not I’m not talking about that Voldermort guy from Harry Potter, I’m talking about Jiyong. DAMN, I’m trying to forget him!! This is not working.

“So Hyemi, how about you come up to the board and solve the equation?” I look up and see that everyone is looking at me waiting for me to respond.

“I’m really not that confident in maths.” I say with a small smile.

He shakes his head. “That’s the point of school, to greater your confidence in these subjects so when you go out into the big world you’re not too lost.”

I stand up complying with the fact he wants me to do the work. When I start writing on the board getting rather confused he comes closer to me and whispers. “I thought you didn’t have a boyfriend.”

I bite. “I thought you wanted to forget about that and live on with our normal lives.”

He chuckles and points at the equation with his arm reaching over my shoulder. “That’s wrong… try again.”

I sigh and say. “Yes sir.” I rub it out and try to figure it out. “It’s no good. I can’t do this.” I turn around and he’s right in my face.

“I think you might need some extra help with this, it’s the basics Hyemi. Every Tuesday and Thursday we’ll have private lessons after school. At least until you’re up to standard with the rest of the class, okay?”

I nod and go to sit down again. “You get extra classes with Mr Kwon… I hate you right now.” Mina says with a wink.

Oh god, even she likes Jiyong too. Why is the world so cruel?

 

 

 

 

Lesson ends and as we get up for our snack break I’m stopped by Mr Kwon. “Remember first private lesson is tonight.” He smiles.

“Yeah about that I don’t think it’s appropriate. I mean, since you know…”

He looks at me confused. “I don’t know what you mean, I’m doing this off my own back to help you with your studies.”

When the room fully empties I say in a hush tone. “You’re not doing this to spend some time alone together?”

He shakes his head. “Nope, just to help you.”

“Really… interesting.” I nod. “Okay, see you after school.”