Kiss But Don't Tell

My Teacher, My Lover

 

I walk to the homeroom after my last class which was physical education… I’m so sticky from sweat! I walk through the door and see Jiyong sat at his desk with his eyes closed. “Are you sleeping?”

There’s no reply. He doesn’t even flinch. I move closer and poke his forehead. His head tilts back and then he wakes with a lost expression. “Oh, you’re here?”

“Only for like 5 mins, sleepy head.” I laugh and then lean on his desk. “What are we learning today saem, Fractions, dividing, algebra?” I list all the typical and common math subjects out loud.

He smiles and stands up making me lean back and move to my desk. “Actually I was thinking we’d start from the very basic kind of Math.”

I pout at him and say. “I know I’m not great at math, but I do know the basics.”

He laughs and closes the door. “I don’t want your brain to be distracted.” He comes and pulls another seat infront of my desk sitting down across from me.

“Are you sure you’re not trying to seduce me?” I say without thinking.

He shakes his head. “I’m sure.”

“Right well, in that case I’m gonna pass on these silly lessons.” I stand up and he grabs my wrist.

He looks up to me and says with a serious tone. “Do you want me to seduce you?”

My heart starts racing. I have to catch my breath to reply. “I don’t—”

He stands up to face me and gets closer to my face. “If that’s what you want… you’re out of luck.” He moves back and says with a sigh. “I really wanted us to move on from that mistake.”

“If it was a mistake why are you trying to spend more time with me?” I say a little louder than before.

He shh’s me. “Don’t talk to loud. I want to keep my job here, that’s why I’m not seducing you!”

“So… if you weren’t my teacher, you’d seduce me?”

He turns around and looks to the ceiling. “God… you’re a child. I couldn’t have a relationship with a minor!”

There he goes again, and he knows how much I hate this subject. “You just said you’re not seducing me because I’m your student. Not because of age! Don’t bring age into this! I’m not a child I live alone, feed myself and raised myself since my parents died! I’m an adult if ever there was one. Just because my birthday doesn’t match with the law!”

He turns back to me with fury in his eyes. “But that is what stands important here! The law! No one can have a special case of being an adult you’re either under 19 or not.”

I move out from behind the desk and do something I know I’m going to regret. I kiss him. At first he doesn’t respond and is almost pushing me away but after some patience he gives in and kisses me back. His arms wrap around my waist pulling my body to fit his perfectly.

“ Hyemi!” he says finally pushing me away.

I bite my lip and then walk towards him as he backs away slowly. “Jiyong… just admit you’re still attracted to me, that it doesn’t matter if I’m a minor or that you’re my teacher!”

He stops backing away from me and that shocks me, I’m stood still now too. “You’re right.”

“What…” I murmur as he starts walking towards the door.

He locks it and then turns to me. “You’re right, I’m attracted to you… it doesn’t matter that you’re a minor, but the one thing I’m right about is… I still want my job. So if we’re going to do this…” He points to the door and then winks at me. “We’re going to have to be secret.”

He walks back to me and puts his arms around my waist pulling me into a kiss.

 

 

 

 

I leave after my… private lesson, and see Jeongmin stood outside the gates. “Hey, Hyemi, I waited for you… we still need to talk.”

After the great time I just had with Jiyong, I knew something was about to burst my bubble. “Jeongmin-ah, not now I’m so tired and just had to do extra work!” I moan to him hoping I can avoid just a little bit more, or until forever.

I walk past him and start to walk away when he stops me by wrapping his arms around my waist. “Hyemi, I know you heard me last night. I love you. I really do! Not like a sister, but like a woman. I want to hug and kiss you, and when guys say their interested in you I want to tell them you’re mine and they can’t touch you. I want to be the only guy ever to touch you… that’s why I don’t deny us dating… so guys won’t try. I want to be your first and last.” He holds me tighter then turns me to face him… I’m looking at the floor, how do I reject my best friend? And how could I even lie about Jiyong?! “Won’t you at least try with me? I know you love me Hyemi… but you just don’t realise how much or in what way.”

I finally look up to him, his eyes are stern. Then I see someone in the distance over his shoulder, Jeongmin’s arms are still holding me close, this could be a complicated talk-my-way-out-of. Then I focus more on the figure and see his short blonde hair and glasses… it’s Jiyong.

Then Jeongmin does something I’d never have predicted. He kisses me. My eyes are wide, I stare at Jiyong who just stares back for a moment before turning and leaving.