My Best Friend Lee Jeongmin

My Teacher, My Lover
The rest of the lesson was beyong awkward, we never looked at each other... math was completely out of the question. Flashbacks of last night popped into my head when I saw him smile, the way he did when he kissed my stomach... his breath that was hot on my neck... At the sight of him, I remembered everything. Every dirty detail. 
 
The end of the day finally came because of it being the first day back we sorted out everything from teachers to schedules to small tests to everything... and everything involved him! We stood up and bowed at him and started packing some things away, I sit still completely shocked... what do I do? Then I look out the door and see Jeongmin, my best friend from childhood, is stood with his signature smile. "Hyemi-ah!" He says waving towards me. 
 
"You're so lucky having a boyfriend like Jeongmin!" A girl from my class says patting my shoulder. 
 
I shake my hands at her and try to say we're just friends and she's left. I sigh and look at Jiyong, I need to talk to him. "Jeongmin, will you go to my locker and get my English book? I have to sort a couple things here." He nods and leaves. The class is empty and I approach him slowly. "Mr. Kwon..." 
 
"Yeah- oh uh..." He looks at me then fiddles with numerous things on his desk. "Got a question Hyemi?" 
 
I nod. "Aren't you surprised?" 
 
"That you lied to me, your underage and also have a boyfriend?" He smiles. "No, I'm an adult Hyemi... A one night stand is something I can forget when it wont amount to anything after." 
 
I feel hurt at his words. "I'm not a kid." I retort. 
 
"Actually by law, you are." He says picking up the work sheets from before lunch. "Let's just forget and try to live as normally as we can." 
 
As he walks towards the doors I push him against the board, making him drop the papers. "Are you saying your not attracted to me anymore?" 
 
"Thats not-" 
 
"Then what?" I say keeping him push up against the board. 
 
He looks towards the door. "You better stop before your boyfriend, or anyone else sees us." 
 
I look at him confused. "I don't have a boyfriend." 
 
"Then why would he know the code to your locker?" He asks. 
 
I shake my head. "He doesn't, he has a key." 
 
He scoffs. "Yeah, exactly." 
 
"We're childhood friends, he lives across the hall from me too." I say trying to convince him. 
 
He grabs my shoulders and pushes me off him gently. "Look this isn't going to work." 
 
"I know." I say shocking him. "I just wanted to clear that up." 
 
He throws his hands about and asks. "Then why did you ask if I'm not attracted to you?" 
 
"I don't know... I just got irritated when you spoke all high and mighty saying your an adult." I shrugged and went to my desk to pick up my bag. "I hate people saying I'm a child or young." 
 
He laughs and picks his papers up off the floor. "But you are-" 
 
"Hyemi, all done?" Jeongmin said stood at the door holding up my English book. 
 
I nod. "Of course, what took you so long." I skip towards him and as always link my arm in his. 
 
He takes my bag and puts it on his shoulder with his. "I wasnt that long." He says as we walk out the classroom. "Hyemi..." 
 
I look at him with a smile. "What's up?" 
 
"Another guy asked me if we were dating today, I think he's interested in you." He says shaking his hair. 
 
I laugh at him. "Yeah right, he's just being nosey."
 
"I told him we were." 
 
I stop and hit his head, hard. "Yah! It's all your fault everyone thinks we're together!" 
 
He laughs at my reaction and says meekly. "You're too cute. It's fun to tease you." He shows off his lovely smile and puts my arm back in his. "Let's hurry, my omma said she'd prepare food for you too." 
 
"Really?" I say with a bright expression. 
 
 
 
 
 
 
That night, I'm lying in bed thinking of the antics that happened only the night before. I bite my lip remembering everything and suddenly there's a crack of thunder. I hated thunder! I'm reduced to jelly as I fall off the bed and get under it covering my ears. This could stand against my argument about being an adult earlier, but... I have my reasons. 
The front door slams open and before another loud thump of thunder, Jeongmin's got my out from under the bed and in his arms. "It's okay Hyemi. I'm here." 
 
I shake weakly, my face burried into his chest. "Jeongmin-ah..." I whine. 
 
"I'm sorry I'm late Hyemi." He says pulling me even closer, if that's possible. 
 
I wrap my arms around his waist and clench his shirt as the thunder continues to roar. "Jeongmin-ah..." I whine once more. 
 
You see, my mother and father died on a night like this... And when my brothers not around- Jeongmin has always done this. Ever since we were young, he's the only guy I've let in and accepted. Because my brother's busy job, I practically live with Jeongmin's family, there's only him and his parents. They treat me as their own, I even call them 'Omma' and 'Appa' because I don't know much different. I was too young to remember my parents, only their blurred faces, oh and the night that took them away from me. 
 
"Don't cry..." Jeongmin can almost feel my tears before I can. 
 
My hands ball into fists and thanks to Jeongmin, the storm passes smoothly again. We settle down in the bed and he gets up to leave. "Don't go..." 
 
"I have to go, if my Omma knows I've left-" 
 
I pull him down and hug him. "What if the storm returns."
 
He kisses my hair and replys. "You know I'd come running." 
 
I shake my head. "Don't come running, just stay with me please. Just this once." 
 
He chuckles, obviously remembering the last time he stayed with me over night. 
 
 
 
~Flashback~
 
"YAH! LEE JEONGMIN I KNOW YOUR IN THERE!" 
 
I stur from my sleep and see Jeongmin lying next to me. "Jeongmin-ah there's someone at the door for you." 
 
"I SWEAR IF YOU'VE REALLY SPENT THE NIGHT THERE ALONE TOGETHER, I'LL BEAT YOU WITH MY SLIPPER!" It was Jeongmin's mother. 
 
"Omma! It's so early." He says rolling over flopping his arm over my waist. 
 
The skinship is so natural and brotherly it doesnt feel like I'm even in bed with a guy. Because in reality thats what this is. 
 
"LEE JEONGMIN. LAST WARNING OR ELSE I CALL SEUNGHYUN-IE TO COME HOME." 
 
We both spring up hearing my brothers name. "You better leave." 
 
"Yeah, you okay?" He says only worrying until the end. 
 
I nod, he pats my head and walks out of the room yawning. 
 
~End of Flashback~
 
 
 
I remember seeing him the next day in school with bruises on his back from his mother and the attacking slipper. I sigh we must've been about 12 then... 
 
"Please." I beg. 
 
He nods. "Just this once." Then he climbs into bed with me and holds me close to him, as always there's no real feeling as he's like a brother. "I love you Hyemi." 
 
My eyes widen and I've forgotten the thought of thunder returning to take me like it took my parents. Did he just say he loved me?