Chapter 55

The one I lost my first kiss to...
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

It had been such a long time since Kyuhyun had last been to an arcade. After high school, life had become too hectic to spare time and his dream of becoming a well-known and a great pharmacist had required all his time and concentration instead. He had even forgotten about his love for the games amidst all the stress he received for all the different reasons surrounding him that every time he got a moment to spare, drinking and listening to jazz had become a part of his routine.

That was until Sungmin showed up. For then those changed into him going to club and indulging his mouth and head with tequila shots and loud and fast tempo club music. Well, that too changed into him scheming into ways to win Sungmin’s heart and keeping Siwon out of his way.

Seriously, so much has changed since then. Gone are those days where he used to get frustrated over the reactions his parents used to give him every time they brought out the topic of his ual orientation. Those days where he used to just smash anything and everything on his way in anger, be heartless and uncaring about others, and drown himself in his self pity and misery regarding the lack of love and life in his life; they are all gone. And the reason for those disappeared unpleasant days was none other than the very person pouting beside him while watching himself lose yet another game against his preceptor.

“This is not fair.” Sungmin cutely whined as he saw the big flashing of ‘You Lost’ on the screen. “You are not supposed to be so good at games! You are a pharmacist!” he added.

Kyuhyun released an amused chuckle. “Just so you know, I used to be a game addict back in high school.”

“But your skills should have rusted by now!” Sungmin whined. To say that Kyuhyun was amused by this new, childish side of Sungmin was definitely an understatement. And Sungmin was looking incredibly adorable in Kyuhyun’s eyes. “And yet you are way better than me who still plays games!” and Kyuhyun really wanted to just gather the blonde in his arms and smash his plump lips with Sungmin’s plump and pouty ones.

But they had an audience in the crowded arcade.

Why do I not like this heaven at the moment? The taller thought as he looked around and saw the busy teenagers goofing around and smashing the machines and boards in excitement or defeat.

Yet Kyuhyun brought his right hand up to those blonde locks and ruffled them lovingly. Sungmin did blush at that and cleared his throat awkwardly. He darted his gaze around and his eyes fell on a stall selling cotton candies of various colours.

And his eyes lit brightly.

“Just wait here. I’ll be right back.” The shorter excitedly said and left Kyuhyun behind to watch the former approach the stall happily. Kyuhyun was contemplating if he should accompany Sungmin or not but Sungmin faced Kyuhyun after reaching the stall and gave off a sweet smile while mouthing, “Stay there.”

Then how could Kyuhyun not comply? It was his Sungmin after all who had asked him to wait.

Sungmin was patiently waiting for his fresh cotton candy to be made and he was sharing sweet glances back and forth with Kyuhyun whilst waiting. “Ahjussi, do you also have lollipops?” Sungmin asked while scanning for other sweets apart from the candy floss.

The elderly smiled as he nodded. “Luckily, I have four of them from my other shop. Here.” And he fished out two raspberry and two orange flavoured lollipops from his apron’s pocket. The blinding smile Sungmin produced was a proof enough of how happy he felt.

Just the right flavours. He thought as he bought all the four sticks and paid for the blue and pink cotton candies too. With a ninety degree bow, he straightened up and left the stall happily to a Kyuhyun who had resumed his game after getting tired with the waiting.

Sungmin stood to the other’s right side and nudged Kyuhyun’s right arm with his left elbow that was holding a stick of fluffy, blue cotton candy. “Blue for you,” and he nibbled a small piece of the pink cotton candy held in his right hand and smiled contentedly, “…and pink for me.”

Curious of how the candy tasted to make Sungmin make a face so tempting, Kyuhyun gave a try to his own blue candy and nibbled a small piece as well. Yes, this was his first time eating something like that. His first cotton candy bought by his first love.

Sungmin was also his first for something at least. And Kyuhyun was happy about it.

He felt the candy melt on his tongue. Sweet. And he wondered how Sungmin’s lips tasted after eating sweet cotton like that.

He had known about the existence of the candy and had felt it once on his hand too. But he had never tasted it before this. Somehow, he wasn’t really a fan of sweets. But for Sungmin, he was ready to try anything.

Sungmin was looking at his preceptor curiously as he saw the latter taking small bites of the candy experimentally. “So, how is it?”

“Sweet.” Kyuhyun replied and gave a small smile.

“I got you something else too!” and the shorter male fished out the four lollipops from his pocket and gave the orange ones to Kyuhyun. “I figured you probably didn’t like sweets much from all the Americano you keep drinking usually. So I got this for you.” Along with the love Kyuhyun was feeling around Sungmin, he also felt the care and thoughts the other had put into those small things that others barely noticed. “You like orange, right? I noticed you only drink orange juice when you order for drinks other than coffee.” Sungmin was really going to make the taller explode with emotions now. This was not normal. Sungmin was definitely not a human being. He had to be an angel. These were the things Kyuhyun was constantly thinking about.

And for the first time in his life, Sungmin saw the preceptor shedding tears.

It was a silent tear. No whimpering, no sniffing, no sound of cry whatsoever. It was like the tear had escaped without the owner’s knowledge.

Sungmin panicked as he saw the tears falling off Kyuhyun’s eyes. “Doctor Kyuhyun! Why are you crying? Do you not like orange? I’m so sorry if I did anything wrong.”

And Kyuhyun discarded all the thoughts of the audience whatsoever and hugged Sungmin tightly. He didn’t want to let go this angel. This angel was too good to be true.

“You are the first person who actually noticed those things about me.” Kyuhyun softly murmured as his lips brushed on the part connecting Sungmin’s shoulder and nape. He sniffled a little after that.

Releasing a sigh of relief, Sungmin smiled as the other continued hugging him. How much has he been ignored to feel touched by these small things? And that’s when Sungmin realized he really knew nothing about his boyfriend apart from being a strict and an impres

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter