Chapter 26

The one I lost my first kiss to...
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

The doctor covered the victim’s body from toe to head. Unfortunately, the victim couldn’t be saved; much to everyone’s dismay.

Sungmin’s eyes were filled with tears.

The death…

It had reminded him of his umma.

The staff; excluding the assisting nurses, started leaving the operation theatre nonchalantly. Witnessing deaths wasn’t new to them.

But there definitely was an exception.

Sungmin…

He was repeatedly asked to leave the room but he was so crestfallen after witnessing a death first hand, he was unconsciously rooted to his spot.

Kyuhyun gently grabbed Sungmin’s left wrist with his right hand and nudged the other to follow him out of the room.

Sungmin’s legs started following the taller one’s lead and soon they had exited that room that Kyuhyun had now inwardly started cursing for making his intern sad.

Sungmin found himself walking to the bench located outside the room and diffidently occupied one of the vacant seats. Kyuhyun followed suit and sat next to his shorter intern, on Sungmin’s left.

Suddenly, a teardrop escaped from Sungmin’s left eye and landed on Kyuhyun’s right hand that was unconsciously placed on Sungmin’s left thigh.

! Kyuhyun’s panicked face was evident as he thought of that word when he looked at his intern’s wet eyes. He; with a slightly trembling hand; wiped off the fallen teardrop and with the same hand, reached for the intern’s face to wipe those tears that had started falling.

It seemed like Sungmin wasn’t registering anything happening around him. Hence Kyuhyun took the opportunity to tilt the younger’s head to the left and rested it on his big, broad right shoulder.

And Sungmin broke down once again.

“I…I c-couldn’t even—” Sungmin slowly began, “be w-with her…on h-her last m-mome-nt.” Kyuhyun felt his heart clenching at the vulnerable voice and tears of his favourite intern.

“Tell me.” Kyuhyun softly wiped yet another tear. “I’ll listen to everything.” he added.

No. he didn’t realize his actions.

But Sungmin slowly found himself talking. “She was v-very pre-cious to me. She is very…precious to m-me.” He continued stuttering. “I c-couldn’t even say g-goodb-bye to her.” Sungmin slightly clutched Kyuhyun’s white coat at that. “She didn’t d..deserve to ….die.” he gulped a big block of saliva and continued, “I didn’t deserve to be l-left alone, crying at h-her g-grave.” Kyuhyun could clearly imagine Sungmin doing that. He half-hugged Sungmin by the side. “She was too y-young.” Sungmin kept spilling his heart out. “Sh-she never got to buy and wear p-pretty d-dresses because she was always–” taking in a deep breath from his crying, “busy tending to my needs. She had ded-dedicated her entire life to me. And I co-couldn’t even hel-help her with her ill-ness despite being in a medical profession. I realised how helpless we get wh-when a near and de-dear one gets into situations we are trained to de-deal with in our profession.” He was a complete hiccupping mess. He had not talked about these hurting feelings with anyone, not even with Nari. And letting those hurting feelings out was making his heart feel light.

Kyuhyun reminisced the times he had encountered the deceased lady and he too was astonished at the tears that had started escaping his own eyes.

I’m getting soft… Yes, Cho Kyuhyun was crying silently. He couldn’t deny the lady had indeed left an impact on him. A few encounters with her had made him admire her and he had even wished for her to be his mother instead of his real mother.

If I’m so affected by this, then she was actually Sungmin’s own mother so how much more is it hurting him then? He tightened his hold around the other’s right shoulder at that thought.

He could feel his shirt getting wet with the shorter boy’s uncontrollable tears. Sungmin was crying so plentifully that the area of his coat where the other was crying had long gotten drenched with tears.

And Kyuhyun didn’t even bother about all different kinds of looks and stares directed to him by the passers-by who were mainly the staff of the hospital.

Well, they were rather amused at the tendency and open affection the senior pharmacist was displaying. A gentle Cho Kyuhyun was after all, a rare sight.

Siwon hid behind the wall when he saw the heartbreaking scene in front of him.

I should be the one sitting and hugging and comforting Sungmin, not him. He sent deadly glares towards the senior and went back to where he had come from. He was curious about the way the health providers were going to deal or had been dealing with the major accident victims and hence here he was, eavesdropping after he saw his crush and his rival sitting on that bench, though he was never someone to eavesdrop.

Fine, Doctor Cho Kyuhyun, seems like you have made your move. It is my turn now. That was the only thought he had as he strode and exited the hospital.

Seems like Heechul will have another evening with a very disconcerted and agitated Siwon…

 

………………………………………………………………….

 

“So, are we together now?” Hyukjae nervously asked the brunette who was scrubbing his hands to get rid of the germs after using the toilet.

Donghae innocently turned his head around and frowned, “Aren’t we standing together?”

“No. What are we now?” Hyukjae changed his way.

Donghae perked up at that and Hyukjae felt himself smiling his gummy smile for he knew the answer would be positive. “It is easy! I’m a pharmacy intern and you are a great surgeon who saves peoples’ lives!”

Hyukjae wanted to facepalm himself. Great, I need to explain things to him now. “I meant, are we dating now?”

“I’m not dating anyone. Are you dating someone?” Donghae asked with the frown continuously lacing his forehead.

And Hyukjae actually palmed his face upon the answer.

“Hae… are we dating each other now?” Seriously, why did I have to have hots for this child? Not that I mind though….

“Oh!” realization struck Donghae finally. “I don’t know.” Donghae frowned at his own answer.

“Then what was that kiss for?” Hyukjae was quite shocked at the shorter male’s answer.

“I don’t know.”

“Don’t you love me back?” the tone of shock had not left Hyukjae’s voice.

“I….don’t know?” Donghae bit his bottom lip at that and Hyukjae’s eyes travelled to them.

“Hae~” Hyukjae had started whining.

“I’ve never fallen in love or been kissed by someone. So when you kissed me, I mean after I got over the shock of having my first kiss and started feeling the kiss, I felt some stupid electricity in my body and it weirdly felt good. So I kissed you back to enjoy that electricity. And because you confessed to me, I couldn’t really help but kiss you.” Donghae was looking so innocent with the way he was explaining his reason that Hyukjae couldn’t help but fall in love further with the rather stupid beauty in front of him.

Wow, I took away his first kiss…

But he still felt like crying at the oblivious brunette’s explanation.

“But, why were you crying Hyukkie?” Donghae once again repeated the question he had asked earlier.

Hyukjae didn’t want to tell. But, he could totally see himself sharing his deepest secrets and painful past with the brunette, who had been curiously waiting for the older to say something. He couldn’t comprehend how he fell so quickly for the other and so deep despite it being just less than two months of knowing each other.

“I…I can’t—” Hyukjae began.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter