Chapter Five

A Cage Of The Past

No-one's POV

a week had passes since the surprise singing test was held and you had forgotten all about it by now.

 

Hmmm.... lets see i have music next and that is on the second floor . you were thinking back to your timetable when you heard one of your classmate crying over something to her friends "waaaah! What happens if we're separated! No! we ARE going to be separated! I know too well that you guys are way better than me at singing! so we won't get to be partners! waaah! waae!?"

 

"Don't worry! please don't be sad i hate it when your sad! i will always help you and it will pass by so fast you won't even notice so please dont cry!" 

 

"Yea don't worry we will help you behinds the scenes, like secret agents!"

 

"yea! yea! and you will pass for sure!"

 

You saw the girl brighten up a little and then they all laughed together It must be nice to have friends, i sure enjoyed it ... You sighed as you walked to the music room. You took out your phone to check the time, oh no I have to hurry before people start coming in the classroom 

 

You started to run but then came to an arupt stop as you bumped into someone and fell hard on the floor, gasps could be heard around the halls  Aissh! whats with all the attention? all i did was fall   as you opened your eyes and took a good look at who you bumped into, you too was shocked to see this guy oh no! why of all guys must it be this jerk! now its going to be all over the news in school! tch!   

 

Baekhyun's POV

One minute I was walking down the hall with Exo, the next, I was on the floor with a sore huh? what just happened It was all so fast that i didn't see who bumped into me. 

 

I slowly opened my eyes to find all the attention on me, I looked to the person infront of me who had been staring at me shocked, well who wouldn't be after bumping into me after all I am part of Exo.

 

I looked carefully at the girl and my eyes widen, What?! it's her I thought and as if she knew I realised who she was, she dashed away leaving no trace she was ever here except for the fact that pretty much everyone in this hall were eye witnesses.

 

I got up and dusted myself thinking isn't that the direction of my next class? , my mind went back to being blank as I walked away acting as though nothing happened

 

Your POV

Phew! I made it to music 15 minutes before the bell  I slumped on my usual seat at the back and thought back to the recent incident. Tch! Out of all people, I just HAD to bump into 'HIM'  knowing that the situation would become out of hand, and the fact that I really wanted to get to class early to have some solitude time, I just dashed out of the scene without the slightest trace of me ever being there.

 

 

Now that I know that there's a soundproof music room in this class, I will come earlier to class just to relieve my stress playing the guitar.

 

 

I walked into the room and picked up an acoustic guitar which was gathering dust in a corner of the room, hm? I never noticed this here I blew off the dust and marvelled at how enchanting it looked, although it is old, it seemed to be in fine condition and was still in tune.

 

 

I took a stool out and sat on it with the guitar on my lap, taking one last breath before strumming on the strings and starting to play a melody in silence, releasing all my feelings and turning them into a melody filled with sorrow, confusion and fear.

 

 

The room filled with nothing but the melody that was playing, filled with nothing but the pains I had to suffer, all was let out in a desperate attempt to free myself from the cage that I can never leave, I let no-one in and nothing out.

 

 

No-one must ever become important to me, for I fear I will break down once again and this time I won't be able to get back up again.

 

 

One can only hold so much pain in their hearts before it all comes crashing down, One can only bear so long before their hearts can bear no longer

 

 

I swore to myself that I will build a wall no-one can ever knock down, climb or even go around.

 

 

'That' will never happen again, as long as I am alive I thought as I went back to my seat and sat down just before people started coming in.

 

 

No-one's POV

The bell had rung and the class was as loud as usual when the teacher wasn't around

 

Everyone went quiet as the strict music teacher walked in and started speaking

 

"okay class I'm sure you all know that today is the day where you find out who your partner is for your duet assignment"

 

everyone noded in unision, but left you confused as to what the teacher was talking about

 

" okay, I'll name the pairings and you have 4 weeks to work on this task, I believe that is plenty of time for you to get to know each other as well as harmonise your voices together for the best marks"

 

You thought for a moment what is he talking about? Then it hit you, That surprise singing test!! this is what its for!! 

 

And when you finally realised what was going on, the teacher was almost up to your name...

 

"Kim -------------- and Hwang --------------, Jung------------ and Bang ------------, Kwon------------- and Im------------"

 

Suddenly anxious you sat upright and waited for your name to be called out

 

oh please oh please be someone easy to deal with, not too weak but definately not too stuborn

 

The teacher had finally come up to your name and by then you thought you was ready to hear the name of your partner

 

"And last but not least with the best marks in the class ...

 

...

 

...

 

...

 

Lee Jieun and Byun Baekhyun"

 

what?

 

huh?

 

Who the hell is that? You both thought at the same time

 

A name that sounds like a breakfast food in english...

 

A name I have never heard of in this school...

 

And as if they just finally noticed each other was in the same class, they both turned their heads to each others' direction impossibling and precisisely at the same time they both thought

 

It's her/him.

when the hell was he/she in my class.