Chapter Four

A Cage Of The Past


No-one's POV

no-one had ever crossed paths with you for a long time now and for every group project you would be alone.

 

That didn't made your grades drop in the slightest and you would always remain in the class average zone, not to high but not too low either.

 

The teachers didn't mind you either and also seemed afraid as well, but this year you had been assigned a different music teacher.

 

This teacher was passionate about music and was also very strict and scary, so scary in fact that even you were scared of him, he had been in the army once which also frightened you along with everyone of your classmate.

 

This teacher's name was Mr Freeman, yes he was foreign but knew Korean very well and could fluently speak it as well as sing it. Mr Freeman wouldn't tolerate anyone who dared to defy music, it's history, it's technique and it's sound.

 

Mr Freeman also thought it would be a GREAT idea to give the students a special assignment, an assignment he would judge himself.

 

Baekhyun's POV

"hey, baekhyun! what do you have next?" Chanyeol asked me why does he always talk to me so much unlike the others? "music" I bluntly replied with a monotone voice "awww... we have to be separated, I have science" he told me "..." I didn't reply "so... cya later then" "bye.."

 

I walked into class and took a seat at the middle and started to space out. "Ahem! everyone please be quiet!" the teacher said huh? Who's this guy? is he a new teacher? 

"I have recently tranferred to this school from my old school and would like to tell you a few things you MUST remember about me!" everyone looked to the front obviously scared by the teacher somewhat deep threatening voice, I too looked to the front.

 

"My name is MR FREEMAN" the teacher revealled and as if on que the whole class rose in chatters and whispers. what? he's foreign? 

 

"SILENCE!" mr freeman shouted, everyone went quiet and stiff. "Yes my name sounds foreign and thats because I lived in Australia most of my life then travelled to america where I lived and fought for the army!" there were many gasps around the room but he continued anyway

 

"Though i have not lived in Korea for very long, I am half Korean and can speak fluently as well as sing" he gave a big smile and said "I LOVE music! and one thing you should all remember is to not EVER speak bad about it in front of me or you will deal with the consequences!"

 

Everyone was surprized by the sudden change in moods from this scary teacher. "You should also know that I will not tolerate any excuse you give me for anything and that includes the partners you are assigned to for your upcoming assignment".

 

Your POV

What?! but I always do my assignment by myself! but... that teacher is quite scary... so I can't do anything about it I sat silently on my seat as the class made an uproar about the shocking news.

 

"But don't think this will depend on luck. I will each personally hear you sing, of course not in front of everyone, then I will match you up to your most suited partner" I signed and thought we have to do a duet? thats even worse 

 

"Yes as you have all worked out, you will be doing a duet but I will be mercifull and spare you from singing in front of the class, however this assignment depends on how well you work together to harmonize and syncronise your voices together"

 

I sunk down in my chair how am I gonna do that? I can't fail this assignment but i can't socialize with my partner either. I'm doomed! I drowned in sorrows, well inside I drowned in sorrows without anyone noticing.

 

"I will each test you NOW, please come up to this soundproof room when I call your name" everyone groaned but soon stopped seeing the teacher's angry face.

 

"OK, first up is -----------------"

 

Baekhyun's POV

GREAT! just great! a duet? why can't it be a whole group? this is horrible! what happens if I end up with one of my fan girls or someone worse? I silently had a panic attack in my head.

 

"NEXT UP BYUN BAEK HYUN" Mr freeman shouted for the 5th time and was getting pretty irritated at how long I took to actually pay attention. what? I spaced out alot okay.

 

I got up and walked over to him and felt his anger "you're lucky I don't let my anger get in the way of judging music" I just had a poker face on but really I was relieved inside, even I didn't want to fail.

 

I stepped inside the room and it looked like this...

 

huh? when did this school have such a room? "please step up to the mic" I did as told "do you have a song you want to sing?" I thought about it for a while then replied "... Angel..." Mr freeman looked like he was searching for something then the music started and he just watched carefully...

 

This moment feels like I was born as a child who knew nothing

...

(Machi amugeotdo moreuneun airo geureoke dashi taeeonan sungan gachi)

...

~ ~마치 아무것도 모르는 아이로 그렇게 다시 태어난 순간 같이 ~ ~

...

Lyrics by Asian Pop Lyrics... For full lyrics heres the link: 

http://starryangell.blogspot.com.au/2012/04/exo-k-into-your-world-angel-hangul.html

 

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0bewParlnTQ

 

I finished singing and saw Mr Freeman write something in an orange book then look up to me, smiled and told me I could leave. strange... he was angry at me just minutes ago and now he's all happy I walked out of the room and towards my seat. Sitting down I was refreshed, somehow singing always refreshed me making me feel a little lighter than before.

 

Your POV

hmm... what should I do.... I was spacing out, thinking about my problems and didn't notice how much time had flown by "LEE JI-EUN!" huh? is someone calling my name? that hasn't happened for a long time. 

 

I snapped out of my thinking and looked up noticing the room was empty and the new teacher was calling me. ohmygosh it's the scary teacher! wait what was his name? oh who cares! am i in trouble? OH NO! 

 

" yes?" I said monotonely "WHAT DO YOU MEAN YES? ITS YOUR TURN!" my turn? my turn for what? "WHAT ARE YOU WAITING FOR! GO IN THE STUDIO NOOW!" scared by his shouting, I did as told and looked around the room wow! its big! wait when was this here? 

 

"Please step up to the mic" looks like he calmed down, better do as told I stepped up to the mic and wondered why i was called here, then I thought back and remembered ohhh, its the little test for him to match partners up!

 

"Okay, let's begin. What song would you prefer?" I thought for a while then knew straight away which song i wanted and said almosts bluntly "Lost Child" I saw him trying to look for something then asked me " Who's is that song by?" and then I replied "... ... me..."

 

Mr freeman stared at me for a few seconds before I said "I can play it on the guitar if there is one near by" he nodded then went out of the room, returning shortly with an acoustic guitar then handed it to me. 

 

"You may begin when your ready" I looked around and spotted a tall stool, than I went over and carried it towards the mic then placed it down right infront of it. I checked if the guitar was tuned then sat down and started playing a melody and sang...

 

Burning the two photographs of us

One, two, erasing the memory collected

...

Uridul damajun sajinuel taewo
hanadul moadum gieoeul jiwo

...

우리둘 담아준 사진을 태워
하나 둘 담아 둔 기억을 지워

...

Lyrics by CrazyOverWith-... For full lyrics heres the link:

http://crazyoverwith.wordpress.com/2009/11/17/iu-lost-child-mia-lyrics/

 

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BnX5NJJ2P4A

 

I signed as I finished singing I haven't sang like this for a while now... I looked up to see Mr freeman smiling and writing something in this orange book What's with this teacher? wasn't he mad before? I was so scared it would affect my mark but I guess I'm safe I felt relieved and then the teacher dismissed me. 

 

I placed the stool back where it was and handed the guitar to the teacher who was smiling rather big which kinda disturbed me and gave me a bad feeling that something was gonna happen but I shrugged that thought off when i remembered Omo! I'm gonna be late for the bus! I pulled out my phone to check the time and then rushed out immediately.


I know, I know, Its short again, I know and again MIANHE! I seem to say sorry alot these days ._.

 

I wrote this all in one day after school of course annnd I encountered so much bad luck >.<

 

First my mum wanted to do some moving with my room so I left the chapter there UNSAVED and when I came back the screen was black -.- 

 

second I finally wrote up to where I was up to then I accidently closed the whole thing :| I'm stupid I know.

 

Finally I finished but its short and I've run out of time, I would've made it longer buuuut didn't want to delay the update ^-^ 

....PLEASE FORGIVE ME AND enjoy :D ....