Chapter Eight

A Cage Of The Past

All that could be heard was the shattering of glass as a bullet went straight through, neither Jieun or Baekhyun was terrified for their lives but they were indeed surprised. What seemed like just seconds after Baekhyun saw those sad eyes was in fact for about 5 minutes not to be exact or anything. But in those particular 5 minutes, a sniper was preparing for an attack against the school for gods knows what but Jieun and Baekhyun seemed to be the first target of this unknown attack.

 

All that could be heard was both Jieun and Baekhyun shouting "DOWN!" imperatively to each other as their reflexes pulled both to a safe location. Miraculously both remained unharmed as well as curious as to how the other had such reflexes and fast and sharp movements.

 

Why had they been so similar?  That thought had gone through both minds at the time but their attention was reverted back to the classroom they had just recently occupied just before the shooting. They could see the sniper was skilled and had aimed for 2 shots; one at Baekhyun and one at Jieun but they weren't skilled enough, at least for the particularly talented pair.

 

Of course both were still in the stage of I hate you, don't talk to me and that wasn't going to change because Jieun knew that the minute she asked, that would be the minute he asked back and it sure wouldn't be pretty in the least. And that exactly left the school in wonder the next day as they heard about the pair that survived a skilled sniper shooting but had refused to be questioned further on just what happened.

 

The 'safe' place they happened to dart to happened to be the classroom closet and yes that classroom had a closet for some strange reason and it happened to be the closest place to dart too… and the sma- okay let's not go there and be cliché.

 

When they came back out when they felt it was safe, what met them was shattered fragments of the window all over the floors, tables and chairs. A complete and utter mess. They both looked to the direction in which the bullet came from to see that the sniper was out of sight but they knew where he was located… They were just skilled like that but just couldn't let the other know or anyone to be precise.

 

And so that was how the day started for the two similar yet different people, a little drama in their drama filled life and it didn't change a thing in them. This would have been seen as common if they lived their lives not hiding, this would have been the drama they had to deal with every day but they were hiding. They minded the drama and they just simply wanted no one hurt. Not even each other even though they hated each other's guts didn't mean the other deserved to be hurt.

 

Such a façade they had, such a life they lived.

No one would have imagined their pain

No one would have felt their care.

They were so not caring and nonchalant but…

They were the most caring at the same time.

Their lives are confusing.

Their lives are ironic.

And their lives are nothing close to normal.


Since I felt guilty for not updating so long after I announced I will update, I have updated!!

My exams have just recently finished but as soon as they did, assighments came right after so sorry for the delay

I just wanted to say how much I apprieciate all my subscribers. I really do <3 lots ol luv for u

Even though I never tell you guys to subscribe, you still do so I am really grateful /sobs

But since I was guilty about getting subscribers and not updating, I quickly made a short chapter to show my improvement in my vocab... I hope ;-;

Hope you enjoyed it and my co-author will start helping out after her exams which are still ongoing!

bye bye ^^