chapter two

His Little Bride | Rewriting

Haneul looked over Jaejoong's face, he was sleeping. It wasn't like she was watching him the whole time, she was just sent up to his room to see him sleeping.


"You're not horrible looking," she mumbled, but she knew that already, she was pretty lucky in the end, knowing some ladies who couldn't even stand to look at their husbands. His bangs were covering his closed eyes, she pushed them back, his forehead had some blemishes but she shrugged them off, she wasn't perfect, so why should she expect him to be?


"Are you going to stare at me the whole time?" He groaned, moving around in the bed, trying to place himself in a more comfortable position, "What time is it?" He asked, squirming a little more, she couldn't help but laugh.


"It's 4:00PM, why are you even asleep?" She moved over to the edge of the bed.


"I had to do some things last night, that's all," he removed the blankets, putting his hand over his eyes, trying to adjust to the light, "What are we doing today?"


"Did you have something you wanted to do?" She continued to watch him as he sat up, his loose fitting t-shirt hanging a little too low in the front.


"Maybe it wouldn't be too bad to meet some of my friends? I know hard to believe, a twenty-six year old with friends," he joked, noticing her surprised face, but she wasn't surprised for that idea, but rather that he'd actually want her to meet them.


"Sure? I don't mind?" She questioned it herself, their parents did want them to hang out more, test out the idea. They were dating with the guarantee of marriage it the future.

 


##

 


They arrived at a little homey restaurant not too long after the idea was put out there, she wasn't expecting that, especially since Jaejoong seemed to have an expensive taste, his foreign cars, his brands, but he'd come to a little restaurant in the middle of nowhere.


"Hello auntie," he greeted the older women when they walked in, "This is Kang Haneul, my girlfriend," he put an arm around her.


"Yunho told me, congratulations on you two," she bowed to the pair, they had returned the action as well, "They are already at the usual table," she told them, Jaejoong led her to a table in the back of the restaurant, where four men were waiting.


"Jaejoong, this is the lucky girl? But I have to say, you might be the lucky one," one of the guys looked between the two, Haneul noticed they were all extremely good looking, "I'm Yoochun," he held out his hand for her to shake. She shook his hand, repeating his name in her head to remember.


They all introduced themselves, there was Junsu, Yunho, and Changmin. They all were high school friends, they all met in the third year, when they were put together by the guidance counselor who noticed they were all going to Yonsei after graduation.


They all ordered, she wasn't too hungry but settled on some bibim guksu, they talked more, it was revealed Yunho's parents owned the restaurant. She was asked how she was doing in school, she excelled in math and history, but English wasn't the best. And of course more questions on the wedding.


"When is the day? I would like to be the first to RSVP," Changmin smiled, he had told her earlier that out of the five of them, JaeJoong was the first to be married.


"Right now," Jaejoong began but she cut him off by accident. "We're dating with the outcome of marriage, but in our parents perspective, the sooner the better," she tapped her chopsticks on the rim of her bowl, thinking about it.


"I heard as early as next month," he added, she looked over at him, surprised. This was the first she had heard of this, "My aunt and uncle want me to take over the company, as soon as possible. And now that Haneul is in the picture, it could happen."


She nodded, once she realized she was getting looks from the others. She scolded herself, she was just a missing piece of a puzzle, a puzzle that was fine with or without her.

 

##


"What did you think of them? They were nice, right?" He asked as he was driving her home, it was almost nine, not really late but Jaejoong didn't want to risk it.


"They were really nice, they care for you a lot, it was cute," she admitted.


"They care for you too, you'll become a staple in their lives as well, just not mine," he explained, "They'll be the brothers you never wanted," he laughed.


"Do you- do you have any siblings?" She hesitated to ask, she knew he was adopted, but didn't want to seem rude about it.


"You already know, I was adopted by my aunt because my mom had abandoned me, she was too young to have a child. Some people ask me if I resent her for that, but I don't. She gave me the best life without having raising me herself. So I don't know if I have any siblings, from her, my aunt couldn't have children, how about you?"


She inhaled sharply, "I have a half-brother, he's three." She noticed the curious look Jaejoong gave her, "My father had an affair, and so he was born. My mom knows, he often comes by, but as long as his mother doesn't come around she's okay."


"We're pretty dysfunctional in our own ways if you think about it," he said as the car came to a stop, they were in front of her house, she could see the living room lights on, as well as her parent's bedroom upstairs lit up too, "I had a nice night with you, I hope we could do this again soon."


"Really?" She chuckled.


"Yes, really. Now say you had fun time too before I take back what I said," he drummed his fingers on his steering wheel.


"I had a fun time and I'd like to do this again," she shook her head, "It's not like we have a choice against it though..."


"Stop overthinking it and go home before your parents have a reason to hate me."


"Fine, fine. I'll be in contact, see you later," she waved as she got out of the car and walked toward her front door, she could hear the door in idle while she unlocked it, she waved once more before going inside, and Jaejoong sped off.

 

 

| in the end im writing this story for myself tbh, 

i wasn't too pleased with the old one, i've admitted it multiple times,

and i think im happy to say i like where this is going |