chapter four

His Little Bride | Rewriting

"Dance lessons?" Haneul cringed at the thought, Jaejoong's aunt had booked them some lessons, thinking it'd be a cute date idea. But she could tell by the look on Jaejoong's face, even he wasn't too excited. She had told the pair while they were in the library, in two separate corners, reading.


"Do you have two left feet?" Jaejoong complained, she stepped on his foot once more, not on purpose of course. They were currently dancing in a class, it started off alright but took a turn for the worse when the teacher had told them to practice on their own.


"I'm trying my best," she kept calm, counting up to three in her head, still dancing despite Jaejoong stopping here and there.


"How about we just get out of here?" He leaned down, whispering in her ear. She blushed, rather than her agreeing she became tense and continued like before. He sighed, following her lead.


"I think this class is important, we should stay," she smiled, gently squeezing his hand. "I know you're not having too much fun, and I'm horrible at this but just follow my lead. I promise I'll get better."


"Okay." He lightly nodded, watching her, how she was focused on getting the correct moves, even if that meant he'd get hurt in the end.


She looked up at him, "You know, I never noticed until now, but you have very nice eyelashes." It caught him off guard, he blinked a few times before he felt his cheeks warm up a little, "It feels weird making a grown man blush," she joked with him, before finally letting him go, "Let's go?" she nodded her head towards the door. He watched her as she took initiative, leading the way out of the small dance room.


"I'd never take you as a rebel, you know?"


"Well, I might have my moments, plus, you were looking at me like you were sick so I took that hint," she laughed. He had the urge to laugh, because he was sure he was looking at her in admiration rather than being sick. He led them back to his car, where he pulled out his keys, unlocking the doors.


"Any ideas on where to go?" He asked, his fingers drumming on the wheel. She looked outside, the sun was close to setting, and she wasn't in the mood to go home just yet.


"I want to go to a place where it would do this sunset justice," she made herself comfortable in her seat before Jaejoong turned the engine on and swiftly pulled out of the tight parking space. She was sure she heard a few honks behind them.


It wasn't long after did they arrive to a park, a twenty minute drive out of Seoul. She could see the sun about to set perfectly, how the colors in the sky were currently purple and pink.


"What do you think?" Jaejoong reclined his seat back a little, directing her to do the same to get a better view.


"Thank you, Jaejoong," she took off her seatbelt and faced her body toward his. She watched as his body stiffened a little before taking off his seatbelt and faced her. They watched each other, being quiet, music playing lowly on the stereo. She watched as Jaejoong was hesitant, how he was slowly reaching out to her, placing her hand on her cheek. How he lightly pulled her face closer to his, their lips meeting halfway. Haneul could taste his bitter coffee, she could feel how his molded hers so perfectly, like two pieces of a puzzle, she could hear the music in the background, although it was in English she understood it, how the singer was repeating "I just wanna be yours, I wanna be yours, I wanna be yours."


"I'm sorry, I shouldn't have done that," he said almost immediately after, he placed his hand over his mouth, as if he could take it back with just that.


"No, don't take it back," she shook her head, "I enjoyed it, it was a great first kiss," she admitted. Before she could realize it, they were back in the position they were before, Jaejoong held her face, gently, but there was a sense of urgency, how the taste of coffee was becoming overwhelming, but not unbearable.


"We missed the sunset," Haneul placed her hand on the window, as they drove away from the park, now the sky was no longer pink and purple but a perfect shade of dark blue.


"Don't worry about it, there will be plenty more we could watch with each other," he smiled, "I should get you home though, you've been out all day with me, let's not push it okay?"

 

"But what if I don't want to go? What if I want to spend more time with you" She admitted.

 

"Then let's spend more time with one another," he put his hand on hers.

 

 

##

 

 

"I promised myself that I wouldn't touch you. Kiss you. Anything in between before you were at least twenty," Jaejoong admitted, she giggled softly. "It's not funny, it's the truth."


"Look, we were both caught up in the moment, but in all honesty, I wouldn't mind if it did happen again," she shrugged as if it were no big deal. They were at her home today, her little brother playing in the extravagant backyard with his grandma on his mom's side, but they were still out on the patio, watching the pair.


"Your brother, what's his name?"


"Jihoo but he has his mom's last name, so Nam Jihoo. My dad is thinking about changing his last name to Kang, so that there is at least someone to carry the name." That's when Jaejoong realized that when they did get married and have kids in the far future, those kids wouldn't be Kang's but Kim's. How the name would be lost after her, which was probably why she had stated she wanted to be something, how she wanted to have her own success.


"We should give Jihoo's grandma a break and go play with him," Jaejoong suggested, noticing his grandma trying to keep up with his running around.


"Don't worry, Grandma, we will take care of him. You should go inside and relax," she assured her that they pair would take carer of Jihoo, who was even more excited, it was his first time being able to play with Jaejoong.


"Hani, Hani!" Jihoo had a hard time pronouncing her name and settled with Hani, "What are we going to play today?"


"What do you want to play?" Jaejoong got down on one knee, trying to get on Jihoo's eye level.


"I want to play hide and seek! Jae, you're it! Count to twenty," Jihoo grabbed ahold of Haneul's hand and pulled her away from Jaejoong. She looked behind her, giving Jaejoong a sheepish smile. He nodded, understanding, and began to count.


Haneul and Jihoo had split apart, she was behind the large rose bushes, trying to keep quiet. "I'm not surprised you hid here," Jaejoong sat down next to her, she was lying down though. "Which ones are your favorite?" He noticed the variety, that they weren't separated in color but the plants were randomly placed.


"The white ones, classic, don't you think?" She looked over at him, placing her hand near his own. He leaned over, placing his hand on her neck, his thumb on her cheek. She closed her eyes, feeling Jaejoong lean in closer, this time their lips were off, the urgency, like they were scared to get caught.


Jaejoong quickly pulled away after, but she put her hand on his, "I told you that I wouldn't mind if it happened again."