chapter one

His Little Bride | Rewriting

"Just act like you are having the time of your life," Haneul's mother was in another world, explaining how to act when she meets the Kim Family. She was using crazy hand gestures, that if the windows weren't tinted, others would think she was on something.


"I have a great suggestion, why don't you marry him?" She shrugged, her mom wasn't too happy with that, "Mom, I have everything going for me at the moment, how would getting married benefit me?"


"You see this is your problem, you focus on what you want too much rather than what's best for those around you," she scolded her.


"It's never bad to be selfish," but it's not like anything would change now, they were pulling up to the Kim's home, where she could see an older couple, Jonghyun and Jaekyung Kim, and Jaejoong himself, standing in front of their home, waiting for the pairs arrival.


"There's your Mother In Law, well, I guess you can say that she is," her mom was unsure on what to call Jaekyung since she wasn't Jaejoong's biological mother, but his aunt. She had adopted Jaejoong when he was younger, they didn't mention what had happened to his mom.


When the car came to a stop, their driver came around and opened the door, revealing themselves to the family as they exited the car. When she got her first glimpse of Kim Jaejoong up close, she came to the realization he was beautiful. Probably the most beautiful guy she had ever seen.


"You are absolutely gorgeous, I'm so lucky to have you as my daughter!" Jaekyung squealed, she spun Haneul around, making her feel uncomfortable while everyone watched the pair, "Jaejoong, isn't she beautiful?" He nodded, he hadn't said one word, "How about you two go do something while us adults talk?"


"I am an adult," Jaejoong's voice was harsh, and hurt to hear, like nails on a chalkboard. His aunt gave him a look that looked like she was done with his backtalk and to just go. He complied, telling Haneul to follow him. He led her upstairs, down the long hall, and into the third room on the right, it was the library.


"Do you like to read?" She asked him ask he made himself comfortable in an oversized lounger in the corner of the large room.


"It's not that I like to read, well, don't get me wrong, I do. I like it in here as well because it's quiet. Our family isn't too happy like you see them downstairs." She nodded, unsure on how to reply to it. "How old are you? I'm 26."


"I'm 16, in my second year of high school."


"I've been done with high school, for a while now," that eased the tension a little, making them both laugh, "I graduated from Yonsei, in English." She didn't expect that, especially since he was expected to take over the company after they married, "What did you give up for this?"


"What did I give up?" She repeated him before she got the question, "I'm too young to have anything to give up," she admitted, but the one this she did give up she decided against sharing it with him, "What did you give up?"


"Despite our age difference, I'm also too young to have anything to give up. I was allowed to graduate with an English Degree rather than business, I've never had anything withheld from me."

 

"We're the lucky ones," she sighed, sitting down on the carpeted floor, she watched as Jaejoong stood up, going to one of the shelves and picked out a book for her. Her eyes almost rolled out of her head when he placed it on her lap, it was solely in English, a language she wasn't too strong in.


He noticed and chuckled, "I think once you can read this efficiently, you can marry me."


"It's not like I have a choice," she chimed, placing the book to the side, "Are you okay with marrying me?"


"Well, I just feel like if you were closer to my age, it'd be better for the both of us," he admitted, "But in the end we have no choice. Plus my aunt really likes you, which is amazing."


"She's tough? But she seems so nice," she smiled, remembering how earlier she had treated her as if she were already apart of the family.


"Just wait until you've married into the family," he nodded, she became uneasy.

 


##

 

"So how is he?" Haneul's friend, Somin asked her once the lunch bell rang, "Is he weird? Did he try to do anything?"

 

"He's actually normal. A good normal, yeah we have a large , but he makes it seem like we could work it out."

 

"That's good, I was so worried, for all we knew he could've been forty years old and a total ert."

 

Haneul nodded her head, thinking how she talked to her mother about everything last night after they came home from meeting the Kim's.

 

If the day of the wedding came by and Haneul goes against the wedding, she wouldn't be allowed back home. She wouldn't be recognized as her parent's daughter anymore, a sham. It was also said that she wouldn't be returning to the school she was attending now, but one closer to where Jaejoong and her home was going to be nearby. It scared her, not the marriage itself, but the fact she'd have to start all over again, like her who life was about to be reset, all by two little words, "I do."

 

 

 

| official restart of 'His Little Bride' obviously things have changed. 

This one might be shorter but better written.

Please look forward of this one (: |