Pain?

The Happy Ones
 
 
 

Hyukjin entered her house and took her flats off. She went straight to her kitchen and opened her refrigerator, looking for something cold to drink. Spotting a carton of orange juice, she grabbed it and drank it straight from its carton. She gently closed the refrigerator and sat on the chair. Then her phone rang.

"Hello?" she answered, putting her drink on the table.

"Where are you?" Daehyun asked.

"I-I'm at my house. I just arrived here."

"I see," then he sighed. "I don't want to go to school tomorrow."

"Why? I'm sure the others would worry if you don't show up," she said, making her way towards her room.

"Just explain everything to them tomorrow. Don't forget to mention that you're already my girlfriend and to never tell them that it's just a game. It'll make things complicated. Can I trust you with that?"

Hyukjin sat on her bed and hugged her pillow. "S-Sure. I'll do it."

"Thanks. And if she approached you and asked anything about me, just tell her that I'm perfectly fine. Got it?"

"Yes."

"... Sorry if I'm suddenly asking these things to you. I just can't face... Jiyeon right now."

She bit her lower lip and nodded. "I understand. Leave it up to me. I'll take care of everything tomorrow."

"Thanks. Okay. I'll sleep now since it's already late. You also need to sleep now."

"I will."

"Good. Then I'll give you 10 points. I'll hang up now," then he ended the call.

"10 points?" then she smiled. "90 points more, then."

 

 

 

Hyukjin went to school earlier than usual. She entered the room and was surprised to see Luhan there, sitting on the teacher's table. He looked up at her and stood up.

"You're a bit early. Didn't get a good sleep last night?" he asked.

Hyukjin walked over to her seat and put her bag down. "Sort of."

He scoffed and sat back on the teacher's desk. "You don't really have to always think of ways to make him happy. He doesn't deserve it."

She glared at him and sat on her chair. "I didn't spend the night thinking about him."

"And you want me to believe that?"

"Well... yeah."

"Tch."

Then someone entered the room. It's Sehun. He looked at Luhan and smiled at him. "Hyung. Have you finished the homework?"

Luhan shook his head, his eyes still on Hyukjin. "I'm not going to let you copy it, though."

The younger guy pouted and turned to Hyukjin. "How about you? Are you done with it?"

She looked at him and nodded. "Yes," then she took her notebook out and smiled at Sehun. "Hurry up and copy it before someone sees you."

Sehun flashed her a wide smile and nodded. "Got it!" then he went to his table to copy the homework.

The act made Luhan roll his eyes. "Good grief."

Hyukjin threw him another dirty look. "Tch."

"Daehyun! Are you -" Jiyeon rushed inside the classroom and stopped after realizing that the one she's looking for was not there. "H-He's not here yet?"

Luhan shrugged. "I guess he's not," he said nonchalantly.

Her eyes landed on Hyukjin. She walked over to her and smiled weakly at her. "Did... Did he mention anything... yesterday? I thought you were with him after... after I broke up with him."

Hyukjin felt guilty after seeing Jiyeon's expressions. She looked hurt and regretful, just like what Daehyun looked like when she saw him. "Yes, I was with him yesterday."

Jiyeon sighed in relief. "Good. I thought he did something ridiculous."

"Like what?" Luhan butted in and stood up. "Like killing himself? He might be hurt, but he's not crazy enough to end his life just because you broke up with him." He took a few steps forward and looked coldly at Jiyeon. "You're not that important to him, after all."

She scoffed and glared at him. "What? He even begged yesterday. He knelt in front of me and asked me to stay beside him. Doesn't that mean he needs me? Doesn't that mean he loves me?"

"Is he putting up a show not possible? I've known him for years, and I should say that he's a good actor. Who knows? He might just acting all desperate-"

"No," Hyukjin interrupted. All eyes were suddenly on her. She stood up and looked at Jiyeon. "He doesn't need you. Not anymore."

Jiyeon creased her eyebrows and gave her a confused look. "W-What do you mean?"

She let a few moments pass before answering. "I'll make him happy, don't worry."

"Huh? Why are you..." then she trailed off. Realizing what she meant, she shook her head. "N-No. You're kidding, right? We just broke up yesterday. It's impossible to-"

"I'm his girlfriend now," Hyukjin announced, making all eyes as wide as saucers. "I hope you'll understand."

 

 

 

Luhan dragged Hyukjin outside the classroom as soon as the final bell rang. They went to the end of the hallway and stood there in silence. Luhan stared at Hyukjin while she decided on looking away. She doesn't want to see his fierce eyes that were once nonexistent. She doesn't want to look at those eyes, especially because of the fact that she caused them.

"What was that?" he started. "What does that thing you said earlier mean?"

Hyukjin bit her lip and mentally cursed herself. "I'm his girlfriend. Isn't that clear enough?"

"But how? Why did it suddenly happen?"

"Let's just leave those details alone. The important thing is that Daehyun isn't lonely after what happened yesterday."

Luhan eyed her for a moment before looking away. "Is he playing his old game again?"

Hyukjin was surprised with his sudden conclusion. He was right, but she can't tell him the truth. "No. Nobody's playing any game here. We talked about this yesterday, and I can say that we're both serious about it. I know it's pretty weird since he just came from a break up, but you don't have to worry about anything."

He glared back at her, completely not convinced. "And you want me to believe that?"

"... Yes. It's the truth, anyway."

"... You were never a good liar," then he left Hyukjin.

Hyukjin sighed and went back to her classroom.

 


 

[ author's note: another rushed chapter here. i think i'll end this with two more chapters. i need to really hurry and finish this. >___<