Happiness?

The Happy Ones
 
 
 

"She broke up with me," Daehyun announced. "That broke up with me, Jung Daehyun."

Hyukjin's eyes widened. "W-What?"

"She told me that I don't deserve her, that she's not the perfect girl for me," then he looked down. "But she is... She's the perfect girl for me."

She bit her lower lip, thinking of kind words to make him feel better. "C-Cheer up! She'll come to realize that. Or maybe tell her that you love her. Everything will be fine, eventually. But for now, just cheer up."

Daehyun gritted his teeth, still a bit pissed off. "But how can I cheer up when she's not mine anymore?!"

His words stung her, making a part of her ache. "S-Sorry. I just want you... to be happy despite what happened. Sorry."

He sighed and looked at her. "You want me to be happy?"

Hyukjin looked down and nodded. "Well, I want everyone to be happy, especially my friends. Y-You're one of them, so I'm here to try-"

"You love me, right?" he cut her off, eyeing her.

Her eyes, once again, widened. She slowly looked up at him with her slightly flushed face. "E-Excuse me?"

"I'm not that dense to not notice it. But I need to hear it directly from you. Do you love me?"

She hesitated for a moment then she nodded. "Y-Yes, I-I do love you. B-But that's not the reason-"

"Then let's have a game," then Daehyun took his phone out and pressed some buttons. "Today's April 18. We'll end the game after a month."

"Game?"

Daehyun looked back at her and nodded. "Yes, a game. I'll let you be my girlfriend for a month, but you have to collect 100 points from me. If you succeeded on having 100 points at the end of the game, then our relationship will continue and I'll take it seriously. But if you failed to obtain 100 points, then we'll end the game immediately."

Hyukjin blinked a couple of times, not knowing what to do. "I-I don't think I get it that much."

"You're smart, Hyukjin. I know you understand what I've said. Besides, it's a common game among people nowadays. I'm sure you've heard of it somewhere."

"But Daehyun-"

"You want me to be happy, right?"

"Y-Yes."

"Then let me enjoy this game, even for just a month," then he started walking away. "I'll call you later." With that, he left her alone.

Hyukjin stood there, confused. She doesn't know what to do, or if she can do anything about it. She has loved him for six years already, and being with him was her biggest dream. She's happy because finally, she has the chance to be with him. But she's also guilty for taking advantage of his situation.

"It'll make him happy... right?" then Hyukjin walked away.

 

 

 

Luhan was walking aimlessly around a park in Seoul, not really minding the busy people around him. The park was pretty crowded and dark. The sun has set and the street lights weren't on yet. The people were rushing to get home, desperately wanting to see their family and have a good rest. Luhan stopped, seeing a familiar figure a few meters from him. She, just like him, was walking aimlessly, hanging her head low. He immediately took his phone out and dialed her number.

"Hello?" the female answered.

"Stop," Luhan commanded.

"What?"

"I said stop. Stay on your spot this instant."

The lady stopped and looked around. "Are you anywhere near me?"

Luhan watched as she turned around several times, looking out for him. "No. I'm pretty far from you. I can't actually see you."

"Oh," then she looked down at her feet. "Then why did you ask me to stop?"

"No reason at all. I just want to waste your time," then he slowly took his steps towards her.

"Oh."

"Is there a problem?"

"Nothing. I'm just tired, I guess."

Luhan looked at her expression from afar. He can see her gloomy expression. "Spit it out."

"Really, it's nothing," then she looked up at the night sky. "It's just the weather."

He stopped to look up. The sky was clear, so clear that he can't see any stars at all. "Daehyun."

She froze for a moment after hearing his name then she looked back down. "What about him?"

He stared at the sky, sighing. "I knew it."

"It's not about him. You don't have to worry about it."

Luhan glanced back at her. He was already near her. "I can hear it, though. I can hear it clearly," then he continued walking towards her. "On your right, now."

"Huh?" then she looked to her right. She smiled after seeing him. "You're really a liar."

He put his phone back to his pocket and stood in front of her. "It's already late. Why are you still here outside?"

She bit her lower lip and shrugged. "Nothing. I was just bored and decided to walk around."

After eyeing her for quite a long while, he patted her head. "Liar," then he put his hands inside his pockets. "I'm hungry. Let's go."

"Let's go where?"

"Anywhere that sells food," then he started walking away. "Don't worry. I'm in the mood to treat little Hyukjin today."

Hyukjin smiled. "Okay!" then she followed behind him.

 


 

[ author's note: first chapter is up! i don't know how long this story would be, but i should finish this today. the deadline's tomorrow, so yeah. i need to hurry up. wish me luck! :) oh, and sorry if it seems rushed. :))