Anger?

The Happy Ones
 
 
 

Hyukjin and Daehyun were awkwardly walking away from the school. Daehyun chose to walk her home instead of asking his driver to fetch him. Hyukjin bit her lower lip, walking stiffly with her head down. They were just a few meters from the school gates and people around them were mostly their schoolmates. And she found it awkward to walk next to her 'boyfriend' in front of people.

Daehyun sighed and grabbed Hyukjin's hand, pulling her closer to him. "Relax. You walk like a robot."

Hyukjin blushed and took a deep breath. "S-Sorry."

"It's been a week. Get used to it. I'll be walking you home from now on."

She looked up at him while shaking her head. "Y-You don't have to, though."

"I'm your boyfriend. Of course, I should do it."

"... If it's fine with you... t-then I guess it'll be okay," then he looked back down, trying to relax and walk normally.

Daehyun's phone rang. He took it out and immediately answered the call after looking at its screen. "Hello, Jiyeon?"

Hyukjin felt another shot of pain inside her chest. She pretended not to listen to the conversation and focused on making her walk stable. Suddenly, Daehyun let go of her hand. She looked up at him with confused and hurt eyes.

"Sorry, but I need to meet Jiyeon. She said it's something important, so I should hurry up. I'll walk with you tomorrow, I promise," then he ran away, leaving her on the street without bidding his goodbye.

Hyukjin watched him run away and sighed. "37 points... I thought I was already doing well," then she continued walking towards her house.

"What a great boyfriend."

She stopped and turned around to see Luhan, his hands inside his pockets and his eyes as cold as ever. "What are you doing here?"

Luhan shrugged and stood next to her. "I'm going home, I think."

"Tch. Fine. Sorry. I forgot that we take the same route," then she started moving.

He coped up with her small steps and walked beside her. "So, why did he suddenly left you?"

Hyukjin bit her lip again and inaudibly sighed. "Jiyeon called him and said she needs him. Something important came up, I guess."

"So he chose his ex-girlfriend over you."

That statement was a fact, and she knew it. And it was painful enough for her to close her eyes for a few seconds. "Don't put it that way."

Luhan glanced at her from the corner of his eyes. He saw her sad expression, making him feel a bit guilty. "Why? Are you hurt?"

"Why would I? It's not rue, after all."

"Good. Then I don't have to watch my words when talking to you."

Hyukjin glared at him. "You still have to be careful with the way you talk. You're pretty insensitive about other people's feelings. Be a bit considerate, okay?"

"Really, Hyukjin. Lying isn't your forte," then he sighed. "You just admitted that you were hurt."

She looked away, tightening her grip around her bag. "Shut up."

"Oh, I heard you muttered something a while ago. 37 points. What's with 37 points?"

Hyukjin stopped walking and looked down. "You don't really have to know it."

Luhan looked at her and cocked his head on the side, examining her expression. "Putting up that face just makes me more curious," then he crossed his arms against his chest. "Spit it out... or I'll ask Daehyun about it, instead."

She closed her eyes and took a deep breath. "Don't involve yourself. It's something you don't need to know."

"But it's something I want to know."

Once again, she threw him a dark stare. "You're really hard-headed. I don't know why we're even friends."

"You know what? I'm wondering why, too. We're, indeed, best friends."

Sighing in defeat, she resumed walking. "Whatever."

But Luhan started walking the other way. "See you tomorrow."

Hyukjin looked around and stopped. "Yah! Where do you think-"

"I'm walking towards my happiness," he answered. "You don't have a problem with that, right?" then he disappeared through the crowd.

She sighed once more. "I wonder what that happiness is."

 

 

 

Luhan walked aimlessly, looking left and right. He checked his watch - 6:35 pm. Sighing, Luhan stopped and took his phone out. He was about to call someone when he spotted the person he's looking for. He watched his friend drink his coffee with someone he knew. Watching the scene made him a bit angry.

"Something important, huh?" then he started walking over the coffee shop Daehyun was in.

 


 

[ author's note: third chapter's here! so, i'm thinking of making this a bit longer, like five chapters or six. well, it all depends. wait for the next chap later!