Sadness?

The Happy Ones
 
 
 

Daehyun took a sip of his coffee and looked at Jiyeon. "I wasn't actually planning to tell you this. But since you've read my plan, I won't deny it," then he leaned forward a little. "But to be honest, I'm quite enjoying her company."

Jiyeon rolled her eyes and sighed. "Was that another lie?"

He shook his head, his face serious. "No. I really am enjoying this little game with her. Why? Are you afraid that she might actually replace you? That I might fall for her?"

"Not at all. I know that will never happen, and I'm confident with that."

Daehyun smiled and leaned back on his chair. "She already has 37 points. And since she always gives me what I want, I'm sure she'll get more points before the game ends. I'll tell her later that I'll give her another 5 points for letting me see you. That would make it 42, a good way to end the first week."

"If you're just going to dump her in the end, then don't give her any points," someone butted in.

Daehyun and Jiyeon looked up and saw Luhan approaching them. He just arrived, but he heard about the last thing Daehyun has said. Luhan stopped in front of Daehyun, his eyes colder than before.

"I guess I'm right. You're playing your dirty, little game again."

Daehyun stood up and gave back his friend's cold stare. "She agreed playing it. You can't really blame me."

Luhan nodded. "I know, and I'm not blaming you. If there's someone to blame here, that would be Hyukjin. She's serious about making her friends happy, and that resulted to her spoiling you too much. She also happened to like you, which made her agree with that game of yours," then he patted Daehyun's shoulder. "Don't worry. Taking advantage of that is definitely not wrong. You're just being practical, right?"

The sarcasm in his tone made Daehyun grit his teeth. "Why are you here?"

Luhan shrugged. "Nothing. I was just passing by when I saw you," then he glanced at Jiyeon. "And your ex-girlfriend. I thought I could join in, but I guess there's something important going on between the two of you. Are you planning on being together again? That would be great. Hyukjin will definitely understand."

"This is none of your business," Jiyeon remarked.

"I think I've heard that from a friend a while ago. Hearing that for the second time doesn't sound good, especially from a stranger."

"Luhan," Daehyun hissed. "I think you should leave."

Luhan took his phone out and dialed a number. "Let me call someone first," then he brought the phone to his ear. "Hello, Hyukjin?"

Daehyun's eyes widened, but he didn't stop him. "What are you-"

"Daehyun said he'll add 5 more points. But I'm afraid that you shouldn't keep track of your score anymore. It looks like Daehyun and Jiyeon are planning to be together again. That means you'll soon be out of the picture. I suggest you prepare yourself emotionally and mentally before this day ends. Bye," then he brought the phone down. He looked back at Daehyun and smirked. "Okay! See you tomorrow," he said then left the coffee shop.

 

 

 

Hyukjin sighed as she sat on her bed. She looked at her clock and sighed once more. She was already feeling down, and Luhan's call made it worse. Fortunately, she successfully prevented herself from crying. Going to school with puffy eyes was the least thing she wanted to do. Sighing for the third time, she stood up and grabbed her wallet.

"Eating ice cream is the best way to cure sadness, right?" she muttered then went out of her house.

She was about to lock the door when a hand tapped her shoulder. She looked around and saw Luhan. His eyes were soft, his expression was left unreadable. He raised his hand, holding up a can of iced coffee. Hyukjin took it and blurted out a 'Thanks.' Luhan just nodded and sat on a concrete block lying on the road near a lamppost. He opened his coffee and took a sip of it. Hyukjin quietly sat beside him.

"It's already late," Hyukjin said. "Why are you still outside?"

"Why are you going outside, instead of sleeping?" Luhan questioned back.

"I wanted to buy some ice cream."

He looked at her with worried eyes and sighed. "Sorry."

"Huh?"

"I made you sad. I shouldn't have called you just to say that," then he lowered his head. "Sorry."

She smiled and patted his back. "It's okay. It wasn't a big deal," then she stood up. "Go now. I suddenly felt sleepy."

"No, you're not okay."

Hyukjin bit her lower lip and walked over to the door. "I am. Go home and sleep, okay? Thanks for the coffee," then she opened the door and entered her house.

She went straight to her room and sat on her bed. She opened the can and finished the drink in one go. Sighing, she put the empty can on top of her table and took her phone. Just then, it started ringing. Daehyun was calling her. Taking a deep breath, she answered it.

"Hello?"

"Hyukjin, sorry, but please forget what Luhan has said a while ago," Daehyun said. "It wasn't true, I'm not planning on making up with Jiyeon. Honestly, I'm beginning to have fun with you. So, if it's okay, let's continue with this game."

She looked down at her hands and thought for a while. She was happy that he was already having fun with her, but she was sad that everything was still a game for him. "I-It's okay. I don't mind. I didn't take his words seriously, after all."

"Really? That's good. I thought you believed in him since you're closer with him. Okay, then. Let's call it a day. Bye," then the line went out.

Hyukjin put her phone on her table and stared at it for a moment. "I'll do better this time."

 


 

[ author's note: okay. so, i'll post two more chapters. i'll just make them longer. :))