Happiness, Indeed.

The Happy Ones
 
 
 

Hyukjin was walking down the hallway, with her books in hand. She slowly walked towards her classroom, a bit depressed with what happened the day before. She didn't receive any text from Daehyun, and it made her worry. She doesn't know what to do, she doesn't know what to expect. Taking a few deep breaths, she walked calmly.

"Hyukjin."

She stopped and turned around, only to see Daehyun together with Jiyeon. "O-Oh. H-Hi."

Daehyun stopped right in front of Hyukjin and smiled. "Sorry for not calling you last night."

"I-It's okay. Don't worry about it."

Jiyeon linked arms with Daehyun. "Let's go. The class is about to start."

Hyukjin looked away. She somewhat expected things to turn out that way. And that was the worst of her expectations. "S-She's right. You should hurry before the teacher comes."

Daehyun looked at Jiyeon. "Go to your room now. I have something to tell her."

Jiyeon pouted, but she nodded at him. "Okay. See you later," then she walked away.

He looked back at Hyukjin and sighed. "Sorry."

Hyukjin's eyes didn't leave the floor. She found it more interesting than his eyes. "It's okay. I understand."

"I had fun, though."

"That's great. At least something good happened," then she bit her lip. "So... are you ending the game now?"

Silence enveloped them for a short while. She chose not to have an eye-contact with him. Doing so will just bring her too much pain. She expected the worst, but she wasn't prepared enough to face it. It's been two weeks since they've been together, but those two weeks were nothing but pain to her.

"Yes," Daehyun answered softly. "Jiyeon and I already talked about it yesterday. Thanks for letting that happen."

Hyukjin nodded and smiled bitterly. "Good... I'm happy that everything's alright between the two of you," then she patter his arm. "Good luck. I wish you all the best."

"Sorry."

"I'll go ahead, okay?" then she made her way to their classroom.

 

 

 

The bell rang and the students walked out of their rooms. The cafeteria was filled instantly and the line for food went long in a matter of seconds. Everyone was busy talking to their friends, except for Hyukjin. After the bell rang, she didn't even bother to stand up. She stayed at her seat and ate her packed lunch there. Seeing this, Luhan stood up and sat in front of her. Hyukjin glanced up then looked away. She continued eating like no one's in front, watching her.

"Based from your actions, I can say that everything's over now," Luhan blurted out, snatching a piece of meat from her lunch and putting it in his mouth.

"Leave me alone," she muttered.

"Bitter?" then he took another meat from her. "Don't worry. I'll treat you some ice cream later."

"If you're hungry, then buy your own food."

"I won't. I prefer eating yours. It makes me happy."

Hyukjin looked up at him with cold eyes. "Then, does making fun of me makes you happy?"

Luhan stared back at her with his own pair of dull orbs. "Did I ever make fun of you?"

"You're really insensitive, aren't you?"

"Then, did you ever see me happy after making fun of you? Do you really think I'm doing all of this just to make myself happy? Do you really think I'm that selfish?"

She stared at him for a while, her eyes becoming soft. "... Just leave me alone."

"No."

"Please."

"Then, what?"

Hyukjin closed her lunch box and put it inside her bag. "If you don't want to leave, then I will-"

Luhan dragged her out of the room, a bit pissed. He dragged her somewhere not populated - at the back of the building. He faced her with a serious expression. He didn't let go of her hand. He even tightened his grip on her.

"What do you think you're doing?" Hyukjin said, getting angry for being dragged.

"Will you listen to me for just this time?" Luhan asked as calmly as he could.

"If it's about Daehyun, then I won't. I don't want to talk about it now."

"Just listen to what I have to say, please."

She sighed, defeated. "Fine."

Luhan stared at her for a moment then he spoke up. "Forget everything that happened between the two of you. Everything, from the moment he asked you about playing that stupid game to what happened this morning... Can you do that... for me?"

"What are you trying to say?"

"Looks like I'm not the only insensitive one here."

She scoffed and glared at him. "Just tell me what you meant by that."

"Forget him. Forget your feelings for him. You'll only hurt yourself if you don't."

"But why? I can't just simply forget him."

"Then let me help you. I know you've reached your limit and you're feeling all alone now. Let me stay by your side and help you forget him. I can do that. Just tell me that you're okay with that."

Hyukjin bit her lower lip. "... Why? Why are you doing this? Are you making fun of me?"

"I'm your friend, right?"

She blinked a few times, confused by his sudden question. "Unfortunately, yes."

"As my friend, you want me to be happy, right?"

"Why are you suddenly-"

"You want me to be happy, right?"

"Yes. You're my friend, after all."

Luhan suddenly hugged her tight, not planning to let go of her. "Then be my girlfriend."

Her eyes widened, completely surprised. "L-Luhan?"

"If you want me to be happy, then be my girlfriends... You're my happiness, after all."

 


 

[ author's note: fail!!! the ending !!! T________T sorry about that. :(