Confusion?

The Happy Ones
 
 
 

Another week has passed and their relationship was still not over. Hyukjin was trying her best to give Daehyun what he wanted, and she never failed to make it. After two weeks of being his girlfriend, she has acquired 63 points, putting her somewhere in the safe zone. But of course, she wasn't satisfied. She has done everything - being with Daehyun everyday, going out with him, letting him meet Jiyeon, everything. She wanted to do more.

Daehyun grabbed her hand tighter as they made their way to the cafeteria. "What do you want to eat?"

Hyukjin shrugged. "Whatever is in the menu. I'm not really that hungry."

"Still, you should eat," then he dragged her to the line. "Let me get at least a sandwich for you."

"Would you get one for me, too?" Jiyeon said, slightly pushing Hyukjin away. "I'm hungry. Should we eat together? I miss eating at the rooftop. Maybe we should go there and eat lunch. It's relaxing up there, don't you think?"

Daehyun looked at Hyukjin, who just stood there awkwardly behind Jiyeon. He sighed and looked back at his ex-girlfriend. "Sorry, but I'm not interested," then he snatched Hyukjin's hand. "Excuse us," and he returned to the line.

Pissed off, Jiyeon walked out of the cafeteria. Daehyun happily watched her leave, enjoying what happened. He chuckled when the figure of his ex-girlfriend was out of sight.

"Look at that. She's totally pissed off," then he looked at Hyukjin. "Did you see her face? It was epic!"

Hyukjin looked down and bit her lower lip. She felt bad for Jiyeon. "She was pretty hurt."

"Of course. She still loves me, after all."

After ordering their food, they sat on their usual table beside the one their friends are using. Hyukjin caught Luhan looking at her as she took her seat. She looked away, ignoring his stare. She grabbed the sandwich Daehyun has ordered for her and munched on it.

"I'm sure things like that will happen again," Daehyun said. "When that time comes, I want you to stand up for our relationship. You know, act like you're all brave and ready to face her. I'm sure she'll take it seriously and it will spice things up."

Hyukjin sipped her oranged juice and looked down. "Do I get bonus points if I act like I care?"

The question caught his off guard, making him quiet for a while. "H-Huh?"

She looked up at him and smiled. "Nothing. Don't mind what I said," then she continued eating her sandwich.

"O-Oh. Then keep in mind what I've said. We need to put up an act once in a while."

'Are we not?' she thought to herself then nodded.

 

 

 

Hyukjin went to her locker to put her things inside. She asked Daehyun to want for her in front of the school gate. She fixed her things as fast as she could, not wanting to make him wait for too long. She was about to close her locker when someone called out.

"Hyukjin."

She turned around and saw Jiyeon. Her eyes were red and puffy, her cheeks were wet. Hyukjin suddenly felt guilty. "J-Jiyeon-ah?"

Jiyeon walked closer to her and looked straight at her eyes. "Hyukjin, I'm begging you. Let go of him... Let go of Daehyun."

"H-Huh?"

"Can't you see? I still love him," then tears started to fall down her cheeks. "I know it's my fault, I hurt him, that's why he's doing all these things to hurt me back. So let me go back to him and prove myself once more."

Hyukjin bit her lower lip and looked away. "I-I don't know how-"

"Please, Hyukjin. I'm begging you. I know I did many bad things to you. I know you're angry at me for leaving you after being friends for years. I understand how you feel. But I do know you know how I'm feeling right now."

"N-No, I was never angry at you," then she looked back at Jiyeon. "I still think of you as my friend. I won't forget those eight years I've spent with you."

Jiyeon smiled weakly at her. "Thanks, Hyukjin," then she bowed down. "But please, let me go back to him. If he dumped me, then I'll never get in your way. But if he chose me..." She looked back up at Hyukjin and continued. "Will you leave him alone?"

Hyukjin's cheeks began to burn. Taking a deep breath, she made a big decision. "S-Sure. If that's what will make the two of you happy, then I'll gladly step out," then she took Jiyeon's hand in hers. "He's waiting for me at the gate. I think It would be better if you'll go there and meet him. Just... Just tell him I wanted the two of you to talk."

She smiled at her and hugged her. "Thanks, Hyukjin. Thank you very much," then she ran away towards the school gate.

Hyukjin's knees went weak and she suddenly fell on the floor. Tears fell down her cheeks no matter how hard she tried to keep herself from crying. She stayed in that position for a while, just letting her feelings out. Seeing enough of her pain, Luhan stepped out of his hiding place and sat next to her.

"Why did you do that?" Luhan asked, not looking at her. "That's not really the right thing to do."

Hyukjin didn't bring her head up. "I did what I should do... That's why."

"Tsk. You just left Daehyun a bad impression. I'm sure he's thinking that you don't care about him at all."

"'Do I get bonus points if I act like I care?'" then she wiped her tears away and sighed. "I've asked that thing to him a while ago... but I didn't get any answer. I guess going there and stopping them won't do anything good."

"Then what will you do with your 63 points... if he chose her?"

Hyukjin hugged her knees and shook her head. "I don't know... I don't know."

Luhan sighed and looked at her. "You're an idiot," then he put his arm on her shoulder and pulled her closer. "I don't know why you're my friend."

She tried to smile, and, fortunately, she succeeded. "Yeah, you're right."

 


 

[ author's note: okay. this wasn't long like what i've expected. anyways, the last chapter will be up in a while. :))