Four

No Absolute Way

JaeEun's POV:

I can't get that face out of my head. I literally can't. He looked so... unique. Like, he looked amazingly handsome. Sure, I consider JongIn a very handsome being, but this man was beyond believable. He seemed almost too good to be true to me.

A couple of minutes have passed by as we rode the bus. My head is leaning against the window, and it hurts every time we come across a speed-bump. I glance over to my right to face JongIn to see what he's been doing for the past few minutes. He's still in the same position we were in when we left. His thumbs moved across the touch-screen phone like there was no tomorrow.

"Who are you texting?" I asked him as I readjusted myself in my seat and leaned over towards him, trying to catch a glance of the caller ID. 

He looked up from his phone and noticed what I was doing and quickly pulled his phone close to his chest with a rather quite shocked face before replying, "No one." Such a liar. Usually, he wouldn't give a damn and would even let me take his phone and text the random person he was texting while pretending to be him. I grasped his left wrist and tried to yank away the phone with my right hand out of his grasp. 

"Let me see," I demanded while shaking his phone that was only halfway in my full grasp. 

"I don't want to," he argued back, while trying to rip my hands off of him and his phone. I reluctantly let go, letting him win this time for once and folded my arms across my chest and leaned back into my seat, pouting slightly. JongIn watched me with a keen eye, making sure I wasn't about to pull off a sudden attack against him. He arched his eyebrow before relaxing back into his own seat. 

We stayed like that before his stare got annoying. I faced him again with a serious expression. "JongIn," I said, "please let me see."

"Why do you even need to see?" he retorted. He wore a smug expression. 

"Because," I slightly whined. "If you don't-" While he was focusing on me, I quickly snatched his phone away. Excitement filled my eyes, as the color of his face drained. He looked at me with horror.

"Give it back to me, Kwon JaeEun!" he yelled, not caring that we were on a public bus. he stood up and hovered over me with an angry expression. Dude, it's just a phone! He leaned down to grab it, but I placed my free hand against his chest and restrained him from touching me. I quickly unlocked his phone (because we're close enough to know each other's passwords to mostly everything) and immediately clicked his inbox. The last person he texted was someone named "My Angel".

"Who's 'My Angel''?" I asked him, looking up to meet his eyes. He took the chance to snatch his phone away from me and sat back down in relief.

"No one. She's none of your business, JaeJae," he replied. 

"That's not the answer I was looking for. Who is she? Is she your girlfriend?" 

Silence was the his reply. He didn't say anything after I said that, so I'm positive she is now.

"Does she-"

"Jae, shut up for now, won't you?" He looked at me, blood-drained from his face. We stared at each other until the bus came to a halt. Jongin stood up and left the bus and I followed. 

He walked one step ahead of me as I trailed behind. I hung my head down low and thought. I felt JongIn's presence beside my side this time. He must've had the sympathy to walk me home I guess. He raised his arm and slung it over my neck again, but I refused to look at him. Does JongIn really have a girlfriend? Why hasn't he told me? Maybe that explains his disappearances from his house. Lately, whenever I stop by, his mom or dad said he's out hanging out with his friend.

Friend...

Friend my !

"JongIn why didn't you tell me you had a girlfriend-" 

No one was there, but I could still feel his arm around me.

Or someone elses.

"YAH!" I screamed and swatted my arms all over the place trying to protect myself. No one was there. Jongin was gone. I looked left to right and spun into a 360 circle to make sur-

There I came face-to-face with the tuxedo man. My lips quivered. My whole body started to shake like a volcano about to erupt. Except I was too scared to erupt. This guy was nowhere near just 0.1 second ago. 

What is he?

Suddenly, his hand slowly raised up to meet my cheek. I was too scared to fight back or whatever because this guy seemed... unreal of the sort. He caressed my cheek ever so gently. I've never felt this type of touch. His hand felt incredible. His eyes bore into mine, looking deep down into my soul. Then I realized how cold his touch felt. He felt like ice now I think about it. Before I could say anything about it, he began to speak.

"My name is Lee Taemin. I'm a groom that was killed before I could reach my happily ever after. I had the urge to follow you. I need you to help me. I think we've met before."

________________________________

Hi, guys... long time no see ;~; Short chapter because I'm really busy still right now. I just moved to a whole different continent... so..

I'm not sure when I'll update next time... I just don't have any motivation right now.