Prince and Princess.

☕ Warm Touch

Days after days , Donghae started to get used to living at Youngwoon’s and Jungsu’s mansion. He learned that Hyukjae was a quiet person but would speak whenever he was asked. He had to admit that it was quite hard to talk to him as the latter would give him his usual dull eyes and forced smile. Why he was still alive made him wonder.

“Hyukjae.” Donghae had called out to the younger who was gardening. The said name turned to look at the person who had called him. That dull stare again. “Is there something you need?” The older scratched his head. “No.” The younger then continued what he was doing. If Donghae ears wasn’t playing tricks , he heard Hyukjae talking to someone.

“Hey , were you talking to someone earlier?” He asked as he looked at his surroundings , making sure nothing alive was around. On the other hand , Hyukjae bit his cheeks. Lying wasn’t something he was expert at but he had no choice. “No , I was just talking to myself.” “I pity you.” The spirit next to him said. Unable to reply while Donghae is around , the latter just gave the spirit a bitter smile.

“I’m going to bring some friends over tomorrow. You don’t mind , right?” Donghae asked cautiously. The other then shook his head before standing up to wash his dirty hands. “Could you just look at me for once?” He heard the other frustrated voice as he slammed his hand beside his head. Hyukjae stared at him like how the other requested. “What?”

“Your eyes are pretty.” Donghae accidentally voiced it out. When the words processed , Hyukjae blushed beet red before running away in embarrassment. Oh God , what did he just do? The taller hung his head low , also feeling embarrassed. He had just compliment a guy. A freaking guy. But then he remembered the other’s flustered face.It was cute. He should really more. At that thought , Donghae chuckled.

“Why did you run away? You’re acting like a girl.” The same spirit from before said. Hyukjae buried his head into his pillow. “Leave me alone!” He yelled out and eventually fell asleep as his bed was too comfortable to resist. He woke up later that evening and went out to see how his roses are doing. Donghae was there.

Spotting him , he quickly hid behind the wall. What was he doing there? He peeked his head to see what the older was doing. Donghae was staring at the roses that was blooming beautifully. He had to admit that it was because of Hyukjae watching and taking care of it. The older was about to touch the rose while the younger was mentally struggling to either warn the other or let him be.

The spirit next to him sighed as he lifted a stone and threw it beside Donghae , making the other distracted by it. Hyukjae gave the spirit a scolding look. “What? You weren’t taking any action so I did.” The younger then turned to look at the older standing up and walking towards the door. He sighed out in relief. “That wasn’t really necessary , Shiro.”

 The spirit tilted his head in confusion. “Who’s Shiro?” Hyukjae pointed at the spirit. “Why Shiro?” “Because you have white hair but have a baby face. Well , at least it’s better than calling you hal-abeoji.” The spirit was about to hit the human’s head when the other laughed out loud. He froze , so did Donghae who was about to enter the mansion.

Hyukjae’s laughter was cheerful and breathy.  It made the older felt calm and lightened the weight he was supporting on his shoulders without him knowing. Donghae tip-toed to the source of the laughter and found the younger trying to regain his breath after laughing too much. The reason of his laugh still remained unknown to him as there was nothing around the younger that he found funny.

Hyukjae was busy arranging his roses when a person – who he assumed as Donghae’s friend – poked him from behind. He turned around and the person gasped out loud , leaving him in confusion. Was there something on his face? He wondered when the person couldn’t stop staring at him. “That’s rude , Heechul. Introduce yourself.” The addressed person scoffed.

“I’m Heechul , Donghae’s flawless friend. Who are you?” He introduced himself as he smiled to him. Hyukjae looked blankly at him. “My name’s Hyukjae. Can you move to the side a bit? You’re blocking my way.” He replied , trying to be as polite as he can. He didn’t interact with human much and moments like this is one of them.

“Yah , you’re being rude!” Shiro scolded. “R-Really? How do I fix this?” He whispered , panicking inside but keeping his poker face. The spirit sighed. “Too late. Nothing can be fixed at this moment.” He said ad Hyukjae waited for the person to respond. “Woah , it’s the first time a person isn’t scared of me.” Heechul exclaimed in shock but then held the younger’s hands.

“We should be friends.” Shiro gaped , how come? “Friends..?” Heechul gave the younger a weird look. “You don’t know what friends are?” Hyukjae shook his head. “Well , they’re like people you talk to and stick to you. Even when you fight with them , either you or them will apologize but it’s important to choose the right one.” The right one..?

A small Heechul stared at the businessman and businesswoman around him. His father made him attend another business party. He pouted in and tugged at his mom’s gown. “Mom , I want to go home.” He said with pleading eyes. His mom chuckled before squatting down to his height. “It’ll be over soon after your father found a business partner okay?”

“Fine.” He pouted and wandered off around the building in order to kill time. He then spotted a kid around his age , running from some security guards. Unable to just stand and watch , he pulled the kid by the arms and ran away with him. Heechul had already come to this building a lot of times that he came to memorize the places.

The kid gave him a confused look but continued running away with him. “Thank you.” He said between breath as they run away. Heechul smiled to himself. He had helped a person in need and now he felt happy. When the security guards lost track of them , they stopped to catch their breaths. “Your name?” He asked , wanting to make friends with the other.

“Donghae , you?” He smiled brightly to him. “Heechul.” And since that day , the wealthy kid transfer himself to a normal school so that he got to talk with the other kid. Even though they’re the opposite of each other – Heechul being a diva and Donghae being a rebel – they still stick to each other.

So that’s what friends are. Though , why was Donghae showing him a big ‘X’ sign behind the diva’s head? “Okay.” He agreed to become Heechul’s friend unconsciously and Shiro gave him a horrified look. “You’ll be a dress up doll if you don’t run now.” The spirit warned and Hyukjae was confused. Dress up doll..?

It turned out that what Shiro said was true. The next day , Heechul brought a big bag and he was forced to wear the dresses that was inside of it. He had to admit that it was embarrassing as Donghae was checking him out when he wore a short dress with high stockings. Jungsu opened the door and was greeted by a sight of Hyukjae with a long dress and a wig.

“Wha? Hyukjae , is that you?” The said name blushed red and hide his face in his hands. “No wonder I didn’t see you at the garden today.” Unable to stand the embarrassment he was feeling , he ran out of the room. “Yah , Donghae! Chase after him!” Heechul ordered and the other found himself obeying as he ran out too.

“Wow , like a prince chasing after his princess.” Jungsu said and Heechul smirked. “I have to get this on tape.” He said to himself as he pulled his phone out of his pocket and chased after them. Their school festival is coming closer and he could get Hyukjae to join them and as an evidence the other can act as a princess , he have to tape this and show to his friends at school.

“Wait for me!” He yelled out in the corridors. The maids that was doing their chores sighed and chuckled at the sight of yet another person running. Today’s going to be a lively day indeed.

________________________________________________________________________________________________

Hey guys! I was suppose to update this morning but overslept until 2 pm (I slept at 4 am because my friend told me to company her) xD Yay! Hyukjae now has a friend besides Donghae! /applause/ What do you think of this chapter~?