Misunderstood.

☕ Warm Touch

“Look , there’s something weird over there.” The kid said as he pointed at the spot beside the vase. The parents gave the kid a weird look and tried focusing on the spot he had said. “There’s nothing over there.” The kid turned to look at his parents with teary eyes. The weird thing was staring at him intently yet other people can’t see it.

“Hey , don’t get too close to that kid. He’s a liar. He’ll say the most absurd thing ever and would sometimes run as if he was being chased by something.” Hyukjae heard the snickers and scoffs around him but he ignored it. He was speaking the truth yet the people around him refused to believe him. “Draw a mouth..” He heard a whisper and turned to the side only to be met by an evil spirit.

He yelped and turned around to run. “Look , he’s running again.” He closed his ears with both of his hands as he ran through the neighbourhood. “What do you want from me?!” He yelled out as they were now out of town , in the forest. It’s safer now that no one is watching his move. The spirit tilted it’s head. “Draw a mouth.. I’ll eat all the people that have said bad things about you and treated you wrongly.. Draw a mouth..”

What it said was true. Sometimes his parents even forgot to feed him but he would not complain and say to himself that he deserved it. The spirit was getting close and he widen his eyes before turning around to run again. “Please stop chasing me! I don’t want people around me to disappear!” The evil spirit frowned. “They don’t even care about you yet you do. Why?”

“It’s true that people around me treated me wrongly but if I was them , I would’ve done the same. I don’t want a freak as a friend. So please , stop.” He begged as his energy was draining out. He hadn’t eaten anything for the day. He had no money and no breakfast was made for him but it was okay. As long as he had a home to return to , everything is fine.

The evil spirit sighed before giving up. “Your kindness will eat you up one day.” It said before disappearing. ‘I don’t mind dying though.. People around me would feel relieve with my disappearance.’ Hyukjae sighed to himself as he laid on the grass. He had not eaten anything for the past 2 days and he felt tired.

“Eh? A human child? Should I eat him?” He heard a voice but remained in his position , too scared to make any kind of movements. He then heard another whisper. “But I heard that , that kid can see us.” He bit the inside of his cheeks , was he that strange? “Isn’t that good? I can enjoy seeing him running while I chase him.” He heard again the predator’s voice.

“Now , let me eat him.” When he opens his eyes to run , a big mouth was gaping in front of him.

Hyukjae gasped out loudly as he sat on the bed. Another dream? He sighed and laid on the bed in exhaustion. It was 3 am in the morning. He then heard the bed sheet shuffles and was about to sit again when strong arms pulled him into a hug. “W-Wha?” He turned to look at the owner and widened his eyes. It was Donghae!

What was he doing here? Sleep walking? That may be a possibility but he didn’t have to hug him. Sleeping habits maybe. He tried struggling out of the older’s embrace but was not strong enough to get out of it. He sighed in defeat and decided to just sleep. Donghae pulled him until his back was touching the other’s chest.

It was muscular and he pouted in envy. He didn’t have any because he was not physically active – well except for running away from monsters – and mainly because he was lazy. Yup , lazy. All of you are one right? Deciding that sleep was much more important , he made himself cozy and slept in Donghae’s embrace because he knew it was impossible to break through.

“Hyukjae , wake up!” He heard a voice whispered and blinked an eye before groaning at the sun. He then turned the side and saw a tiny spirit he always see whenever he’s gardening. It’s the guardian. “What is it?” He asked and laid on his chest , still feeling a bit sleepy. The spirit pointed at something behind him and hung it’s head low.

He then remembered , Donghae had climbed inside his bed last night which means.. He gasped out loudly and backed away when he find the older laying next to him , shirtless. “Good morning , Hyukkie~” Jungsu sang out as he entered the room and he stared at the sleeping figure on the bed. “Y-You and D-Donghae? Last night..?” Hyukjae widened his eyes. “IT’S DEFINITELY NOT WHAT YOU THINK!”

The breakfast was awkward as Hyukjae refused to talk to anyone. He didn’t like it when somebody misunderstood him , he felt that he was not trustworthy enough at moments like that and choose to not speak instead of trying to explain his feeling to other people. Donghae , who had a bandage wrapped neatly on the side of his head eat his breakfast happily without noticing the gloomy atmosphere.

“I’ll go to school now!” Donghae said and walked out of the mansion gates. Youngwoon had offered to let his butler send him to school but the younger refused , saying that it’s been a while since he walked there. “School? I wonder how it feels to be there?” Hyukjae asked to himself as he cut unhealthy branches that the tiny spirit pointed out.

“You better not go there , Hyukjae.” The spirit advices as it jumps from branch to branch. The said boy tilted his head to the side in confusion. “Why not?” He asked but the spirit shook it’s head. “It’s not that much of a good place. Sociable , naughty kids and nerds all squished in one school. Especially gossip girls , it’s annoying trust me.”

It was silent as the spirit was debating whether to tell the boy or not but decided to do it anyway. “Besides , you don’t want your traumatic childhood to repeat , right?” Hyukjae froze at that statement and quietly shook his head , tears were threatening to fall as he remember how much of a hell he went through while trying to protect other people but in the end , they turned their backs to him.

“I don’t want it either.” He said as he continued cutting the branches the spirit pointed at. “It’s going to rain.” Hyukjae said and a weather spirit laughed. “I was about to inform you.” It said as it danced on the leaves and the boy chuckled. “I really hope the rain would decrease because my roses won’t bloom well like this.” He said with a bitter smile before leaving the garden.    

      ___________________________________________________________________________________________

Hey guys! What about this update? Oh and I just started wearing spectacles (it always make me dizzy but I'm slowly getting used to it) Okay gotta sleep it's 2:15 28/4/2013 nao! Chao! This week's update is a bit early cause I'm going to sleep soon! (leave comments? I'm on my pms right now and I don't know how my mood will swing if there's no comment so pwease?)