Chapter 1- 11 Years Later

A Wolf's Heart

   Daniel went for a jog around town, jogging between tall buildings, running up walls, jumping over things and doing different kinds of flips, he loved to jog and feel the breeze blow against him. Daniel spends most of his time outdoors then he does at home since he's been living with his aunt when she found him back in the Silver Mountains hideing in a cave 11 years ago and raising him in Bucharest, Romania. Though Daniel felt that he did not fit in Romania because of his rase, he  learned to live with it. Daniel is graduating from highschool in a couple of weeks and doesn't know if he is going to attend college later in his future. On the way back home Daniel was stopped by Simon, one of his good friend's. Hey Daniel we have a feast meeting at 7:00p.m tonight at Inati's place in the Black Woods, you have to come, Inati's orders. Daniel nodded his head and Simon left his sight. Daniel was not very fond of Inati because of the fact that he is the leader of the whole entire pack and how he runs things. Inati makes up laws for the pack and consequences if anybody were to break them, sometimes Inati's punishments for the pack can be very violent and cruel. Daniel arrived home after just talking about Inati with Simon, he notices Inati and his aunt in the livingroom talking and Inati being a flirt as usual. Since Inati is the leader he chooses a different  mate every season, this really makes Daniel mad, he glared at Inati and leaves his home again. Daniel enters a club to have a drink, watching people dancing on the dance floor and over to the right of the dance floor Daniel notices something unexpected. His cousin Ezera was trying to get together with this chick who was dancing unapropriately trying to get his attention and walks up to him dancing on him, teasing him like it was a joke. The girl kisses him,pushes him away from her, smiles and walks away. Ezera got very angry and met up with Daniel getting a drink. Don't worry man she's not worth it, you'll find someone better than her, don't give up. Daniel my good cousin!, why don't you do me a favor and stay out of my business and stick to yours, k. come one guys lets go. Ezera left as his friends followed behind him laughing and mocking Daniel as they walked by. Ezera wasn't really nice to Daniel most of the time which made Daniel not soo fond of him as much either. It was already almost 7:00 and Daniel walked the streets on his way to Inati's until he heard a girl crying and yelling to let her out. Daniel found the girl behind a gate, the same girl his cousin tryed to get with. Daniel opened the gate and told her to leave because he knew what his cousin was up to. Ezera and his friends jumped off the roofs surrounding Daniel. You shouldn't be doing this you know, scareing her like that. Oh come on Daniel, we were just playing around with her, we weren't going to hurt her! Ezera convinced  Daniel. Inati wouldn't be fond of this, you know we can't be scaring people here, Daniel was serious now. Inati is my father, he doesn't care what I do!, Ezera laughed, like I said, be a good lad and stay out of my business!. Ezera patted Daniel's back once more and walks away with his friends. Daniel takes a deep breath and continues for Inati's place for the feast meeting.