Petit à Petit

Remembrance

 

It has been three days since the accident and Kyuhyun spent each minute of it at the hospital, not wanting to leave Siwon for a second even when his band mates tried to convince him to at least go take a shower and rest a little. The maknae was determined to stay, and so Hyukjae ended up bringing him spare clothes because he knew how stubborn he can be.

Siwon also tried to tell him to go home, although he didn’t want the older to leave his side, but Kyuhyun was persistent and insisted on taking care of him until he’s all better. The management has been understanding enough to give the maknae a short break, but only until Siwon gets out from the hospital.

On the third day, Siwon got a visit from a friend but unfortunately he didn’t remember him either…

 

“Hey buddy!” A young man steps in to Siwon’s room along with Minho, a bright smile on his face as he approaches the man on the bed.

He smilingly bows to Kyuhyun who's sitting by Siwon’s side before turning his focus back to Siwon. The latter however, is frowning as he tries to figure out who that guy is.

Minho sighs before turning to his boyfriend and exclaiming “Told ya!”

Taemin pouts, elbowing his boyfriend before taking a seat on the bed and assuringly looking at Siwon.

“You seriously don’t remember us?”

He sadly asks, making Siwon feel bad as he slowly nods and hangs his head low, staring at his entwined fingers with Kyuhyun’s. The latter squeezes the younger’s hand to comfort him and it manages to pull a smile out of Siwon.

“I’m sorry”

He apologizes as he stares at Taemin again, watching how he's sincerely smiling at him and can't help but feel relaxed by the guy’s innocent face.

“I’m Taemin”

He introduces himself, earning him a gentle smile from Siwon who slightly bows his head before his sight falls on the guy’s hand that's gripped by his supposed to be best friend, causing him to one eyebrow at the couple.

Kyuhyun chuckles at the adorable confusion written on his lover’s face, making Taemin blush and avert his gaze to his lap while Minho just rolls his eyes and tightens his hold on his lover.

“He’s my boyfriend” Minho announces, answering Siwon’s question and causing him to nod in understanding.

“So we’re also friends?” Siwon sheepishly asks, smiling widely when Taemin eagerly nods his head as a response. True he doesn’t remember him or Minho, but it’s good to know that he made friends when he moved back to Korea.

“I always complain to you when this idiot here upsets me!” Taemin childishly whines, making Siwon laugh at his words and mostly at Minho’s reaction as the latter’s eyes bulge out in disbelief before he deeply sulks at his boyfriend.

“I’m glad you’re okay” Taemin sincerely states, feeling like crying and so he moves closer and hugs Siwon to hide his teary eyes. The younger is startled at first but he relaxes soon after, his sight falling on Kyuhyun who sweetly smiles at him before he returns the hug.

“Yah! Stop hugging him!” Minho butts in when he feels the embrace taking too long, prying his boyfriend’s arms from Siwon’s shoulders and possessively pulling him closer.

Siwon and Kyuhyun burst out laughing at the young doctor’s behavior, while Taemin keeps on blushing heavenly and hides his face in his boyfriend’s neck.

“I have my own boyfriend, you know!” Siwon retorts, pulling Kyuhyun to his embrace and emitting a yelp from him as he didn’t see that move coming. Nonetheless, once Kyuhyun is snuggled in Siwon’s arms, he shyly smiles and wraps his arms around the younger’s waist while burying his face in his neck. He misses his lover’s possessiveness.

 

...

 

Not until the fifth day when Dr.Shepherd informed Kyuhyun that Siwon is able to leave the hospital that the maknae was kicked out from the hospital by his boyfriend who was very worried about his health.

 

“Are you feeling better?” Kyuhyun asked after helping Siwon walk out from the bathroom to his bed.

Siwon nods, thanking the maknae as he tucks him under the sheet and presses a loving kiss on his forehead. He's still not used to the crutch he has been given. Unfortunately, since his right arm is casted, he can only use one which means he will have to slightly step on his sprained ankle.

“Do you need anything?” Kyuhyun softly asks, soothingly running his hand through Siwon’s locks and causing the latter to close his eyes and enjoy the touch.

The younger shakes his head before looking into Kyuhyun’s caring orbs as he whispers “You should go home”

Kyuhyun’s expression instantly changes, his brain asking all kinds of questions if he did or said something wrong. His lips slightly part as he stares at his boyfriend’s tired face.

“S-Siwon”

Luckily, Siwon immediately catches on how Kyuhyun might've taken his words the wrong way and so he quickly reaches for the hand frozen on his forehead and leads it to his mouth, pressing a couple of light kisses on it before smilingly looking back at his boyfriend.

“You haven’t had any real rest for the past four days. Don’t get me wrong, I love having you here hyung, but you have to take care of yourself as well”

Siwon clarifies, emitting a sigh of relief from the maknae who collapses his body on the bed, sitting next to the younger.

“You scared me” He lowly mutters, averting his gaze to his lap as he feels his cheeks burning from his over thinking.

Siwon chuckles a bit, forgetting about the pain in his ankle and only focusing on the man beside him.

“Hyung…” he calls while tugging on Kyuhyun’s hand until the latter looks at him and takes note of the pout decorating his boyfriend’s lips.

“You want me to leave that bad?” Kyuhyun teases, managing to make Siwon’s eyes bulge out before the pout returns when the maknae starts laughing at him.

“You’re very evil, hyung! I don’t recall you being this way seven years ago!”

Kyuhyun only sticks his tongue playfully at him, before withdrawing his hand and crossing his arms over his chest as he proudly says “I’ve always been like this. I’m the evil maknae!”

Siwon coos at Kyuhyun’s cuteness, absentmindedly smiling as he gets lost in the man in front of him, wondering how things were like before the accident. He wishes his memory will get back soon because he's well aware that he's missing on a lot of things.

A knock on the door gets him out of his reverie as Dr.Shepherd steps inside to check on him. The smiling doctor approaches him, hand shaking Kyuhyun before reaching for Siwon’s medical chart.

“How are you feeling today, Siwon?”

“My ankle hurts from walking, my memory isn’t back yet… otherwise, pretty good” Siwon smugly answers, turning to wink at his lover as he said the last sentence and thus making the latter blush.

“I’ll ask the nurse to give you some painkillers for your ankle, and since there’s nothing we can do about your memory, I think it’s okay for you to go home”

Kyuhyun abruptly turns to face the doctor when he hears the news, worry written all over his face as he's afraid something will happen if Siwon gets out of the hospital.

“Are you sure, Doctor? It’s only been five days” Kyuhyun worriedly asks and Dr.Shepherd nods to assure him there's nothing to worry about.

“As I can see he has you and a lot of friends to take care of him, so no need to stay here. Everything is good to go, his ankle will be healing shortly and his caster will be removed a month from now”

Kyuhyun lowers his gaze to the floor, fidgeting with his fingers as he tries not to get bumped up over the fact that the doctor didn’t mention his memory loss, which only means there's definitely no medical cure for it and Siwon will have to work on it himself if he wants to get it back.

Siwon notices the change of mood and he has a pretty good idea the reason behind it. However, instead of bringing it up, he turns to his doctor and asks “When can I go home?”

“Tomorrow noon. I’ll sign your discharge papers and you’re good to go. Don’t worry about work because I talked to the chief and he’s well aware of your condition”

The doctor’s words make Kyuhyun snap his head up and look at his boyfriend, and as expected, Siwon has another huge question mark written all over his face.

Dr.Shepherd questionably glances at Kyuhyun and the latter bites on his lower lip before exclaiming “I forgot to tell him”

The doctor then nods and excuses himself from the room to let the two have a talk.

 

When Kyuhyun is left alone with Siwon, the latter is staring at him with cocked eyebrows, clearly waiting for an explanation.

Kyuhyun takes a deep breath as he sits next to the younger again before he starts “Well, you’re a soon to be doctor”

The maknae watches how Siwon’s face comforted all kinds of shocked emotions as his lips keeps on parting and closing.

“You have a few months left in your internship, and you’ll be an official doctor” Kyuhyun adds, causing Siwon to straighten up and stare at him dumbfounded.

“I’m a doctor? When did that happen?” Siwon finally manages to ask, his reaction is putting a small smile on the older’s face.

Before Kyuhyun can explain further, the door opens and Minho, Donghae and Hyukjae step inside, curiosity soon rising on their faces as they catch on the shocked expression on the younger’s face.

“What’s wrong?” Donghae worriedly asks, approaching his brother and impatiently waiting for an answer.

“I’m a doctor” Siwon matter-of-factly says, leaving Donghae sighing in relief before a smile blooms on his lips.

“Yes you are! And I’m so proud of you, Siwonnie”

Donghae’s words are only making Siwon more puzzled. The last thing he recalls is being sixteen, a junior in high school and with no intentions of being a doctor. He always wanted to be an architect or a pilot and so finding out that he’s now a doctor is quite shocking.

“When did I decide on this? How? And why?”

He non-coherently asks, his gaze shifting from his brother to his boyfriend then to the two men standing at the edge of the bed.

Kyuhyun finds himself taken back to that day when Siwon gave him his acceptance letter and informed him about his enrollment to med school. He remembers clearly the answer Siwon gave him when he asked about it…

“Med school? Really?”

“Why so shocked? I wanna be a doctor, then a surgeon later on”

“How come?”

“Mostly because of you” Kyuhyun's eyes widened at that response but before he could ask anything Siwon added.

“Because I want to save people. I’m tired of people dying around me, especially my loved ones”

Unconsciously a smile graces Kyuhyun’s lips at the memory, but he gets pulled out of his reminiscing when Minho speaks.

“Well, our attendant once asked about the reason and you said…”

“Because I want to be there for my loved ones”

“That’s a bold choice to be basing your career on, don’t you think?”

“There are some close people who I lost, and others who I almost lost. All I ever thought about those times was how bad I wanted to save them. That’s my motivation Sir”

Minho’s words trigger something in Siwon’s brain but he doesn't quite distinguish what it is. The young boy lowers his head and closes his eyes as he tries to dig deeper into his head. Everyone in the room is watching him and waiting for him to say something but Siwon seems to be lost for a couple of minutes until Kyuhyun can't wait any longer and grips on his hand, brushing its back with his thumb.

That simple move makes Siwon snap his head up and look at Kyuhyun with orbs filled with fear and insecurity and the maknae suddenly freezes, wondering if Siwon remembers. The younger’s eyes are locked with his but Kyuhyun can't seem to see past the horror in his orbs.

“S-Siwon?” He unsurely whispers, managing to bring Siwon out of whatever is going on is his head as the younger firmly tightens his hold on Kyuhyun’s hand before speaking.

“Your accident”

These words make Kyuhyun gasp and clasp a hand over his mouth. He shockingly stares at his lover waiting for him to clarify his thoughts and the younger does after a few seconds of utter silence.

“It’s because of your accident… You almost died” Siwon states, a tear managing to escape the corner of his eye, causing Kyuhyun’s heart to break a little.

“Siwon-ah, do you remember?” Hyukjae decides to ask the important question that everyone wants to know its answer. He’s not a patient man and he knows it's killing the maknae so he needs to cut down to the chase.

Unfortunately, Siwon slowly shakes his head and averts his gaze to his lap. He knows Kyuhyun must be disappointed.

“A couple of scenes flashed through my head and I… Kyu hyung was lying lifeless on a hospital bed… machines all over… I-I…”

Kyuhyun runs his hand through his hair in frustration. He recalls Heechul telling him about how Siwon was devastated when his accident happened and for it to be the first thing to remember was making him really irritated. He can see how Siwon is holding back his tears and so he leans closer and hugs him. He buries his face in the younger’s crook while firmly wrapping his arms around his neck.

“It’s okay. It happened a long time ago. I’m okay. I’m here” He assuringly whispers in Siwon’s ear and the latter can only nod his head, afraid he will break into tears if he says anything. His healthy hand circles around Kyuhyun’s back, pressing him closer as he silently thanks god for saving him.

When Kyuhyun slowly pulls away, he softly smiles before landing a couple of pecks on Siwon’s lips and managing to turn the younger’s sad expression into a smile as well.

“At least now we know that you’ll definitely get your memory back” Minho says, trying to comfort the couple which only make Kyuhyun the more nervous thinking about the moment Siwon will remember what happened four years ago. He can't help but feel scared that Siwon will remember that incident before their happy moments together. That thought leaves his heartbeat pounding in his chest.

 

...

 

It’s time for Siwon to get discharged. Kyuhyun didn’t spend the night at the hospital since he was forced to go back to the dorms, but he came back first thing in the morning after driving to Siwon’s house and fetching some clothes for him.

Right now, Donghae is helping him get ready while Kyuhyun is called by Minho to the waiting room.

“What is it Minho-ah?”

The said guy pulls out a plastic bag from his coat and hands it to the puzzled maknae. Kyuhyun curiously reaches for it and takes a seat before opening the bag and emptying its contents on the couch.

His heartbeat immediately starts racing as he figures out what the several objects in front of him are. His sight falls on Minho for a second meeting with a sweetly smile, before he shifts his gaze back to the couch.

It’s Siwon’s belongings when he had the accident… his phone, some money, and other personal stuff. Kyuhyun’s fingers reach for a familiar necklace, lightly tracing the piece of puzzle before picking it up and gripping on it tightly as he lifts to his chest. His other hand reaches under his shirt and pulls out his own necklace before bringing them both to his lips.

His sight then falls on Siwon’s watch, widely smiling when he recalls how Siwon kept it for all these years and when he asked him why he didn’t change it, the younger confidently said ‘Simply because it’s a gift from you’

“I tried to make him change that watch for years! He’s so stubborn when it comes to you”

Minho states, emitting a light happy giggle from Kyuhyun “He sure is”

Putting the watch back on the couch, Kyuhyun picks up Siwon’s wallet but making something fall out of it in the process. His eyes narrow trying to figure out what it is, and when he holds it, his breath hitches in his throat and he clasps a hand over his mouth to block his gasp.

Kyuhyun’s POV:

On our first real date together, Siwon was determined to plan the perfect dinner for us. He picked me up at eight and we drove to the beach. I was very surprised at first but quite worried as well. I couldn’t let the fans see me with Siwon and so I kept on hiding my face and hanging my head low all the way down to the shore.

“Wonnie! What are we doing here?” I said trying to pry my hand from his grip but he wouldn’t let me. He instead entwined our fingers together and tightened his hold. I was so scared I would get photographed because it would be very bad for my career, but one thing about Siwon is that I could never say no to him.

As we kept on walking, or mostly Siwon kept on dragging me with him while I was busy trying not to get caught, he suddenly stopped and made me slightly bump into his back.

As I rubbed my aching nose, I glared at him but the dimpled smile he was giving me immediately made me forget about everything.

He motioned with his head for me to look around and as I did, my jaw dropped open at the view. There was a square table in the middle of the sand, nicely decorated with food and a bottle of wine, while on the sand there were candles and rose petals circling the table. The sight was breathtaking and I couldn’t believe Siwon did all of this.

I immediately forgot about getting caught and lunched my body on him, hugging him tight. When I reluctantly pulled away, he cupped my cheeks and pressed a mushy kiss on my lips making me blush as hell, before he led us to the table.

“Wonnie~”

“Do you like it baby?”

As if my reaction wasn’t clear enough, I eagerly nodded and leaned forward to kiss his lips.

“I know you’re worried about someone seeing us, but this is a secluded place and besides, no one comes to the beach at this time of the year”

He always knows what’s under my head even without speaking up. I slowly nodded and entwined my hands under my chin as I was lost in my handsome boyfriend. I know I’m the older and I should be preparing these dates but Siwon is so cheesy and I could never plan something like this… ever.

“Do you love me that much to be staring at me like this?” He teased me, making me blush even deeper but luckily it was dark, the moon and the candles were the only source of light.

I rolled my eyes at him but nodded nevertheless.

“Yes. I do love you… so much”

Siwon beamed at my words and reached for my hand, lovingly caressing it with his thumb before pressing a tender kiss on it.

“I love you too, Sugar Pie. I’ll never stop”

My heart was seriously fluttering at that moment. I could only gaze at the one I love most in the whole world, a wide grin on my face, and butterflies in my stomach. We had been through a lot of things, we had been hurt and crushed but all of that never stood a chance against how strong our feelings are.

“Wonnie”

“Yes my love?”

I blushed because I still couldn’t seem to get used to his cheesiness. It’s been a week since we got together at that balcony, but seriously... he's getting cheesier by the second!

I rose up from my chair and walked toward him. I smirked at the dumbfounded look on his face and stood behind him, leaned over and wrapped my arms around his shoulders.

I pressed my cheek against his for a few seconds before nuzzling my nose all over the side of his face, my lips slightly brushing against his skin for a while before I started landing light kisses here and there. After reaching his ear, I pressed my forehead on his temple as I whispered “Best.date.ever”

I could feel him grinning since his dimples were showing. He then cupped both of my hands and abruptly pulled me to his lap. I yelped but he took it away with his lips landing over mine. He immediately dived in his tongue inside my cavern, passionately kissing me and I didn’t waste a second in kissing him back.

When we had to break the kiss, I cupped his face and smiled brightly at him. He looked so happy which made me the happiest person alive.

I tried to stand up but he didn’t let me. He instead made me lean on his shoulder before he reached for the food and started feeding both of us.

We stayed in that position during the whole dinner, chatting about anything and everything, stealing kisses from each other and just enjoying the cold breeze and the sound of the waves.

When we finished and decided to head home, we walked down the shore, pants folded, shoes were in one hand while our free arms were tightly clutching on one another. Siwon had his arm draped over my shoulder while mine was circled around his waist.

As we were silently walking, just enjoying each other, my sight fell on a particular stone and I crouched to pick it up. The stone was shaped into a perfect heart and it made me smile.

“Wonnie! Look what I found!” I excitedly announced, my eyes still fixed on the stone and so I was a bit startled when Siwon hugged me from behind, his chin resting on my shoulder as he peeked at my hands.

“Is that your heart, baby?” Of course he decided to tease me again, but I found myself nodding.

“It is” He laughed, his voice was music to my ears that I felt my cheeks burning again. I tilled my head to the side and stole a peck before detaching myself from him and facing him.

“Wonnie… Here” I handed him the heart-shaped-stone and he looked at me puzzled, so I added “My heart is yours… Don’t step on it!”

He was surprised by my words but soon his face broke into a wide smile and the next thing I knew I was crushed into a bear hug.

“I’ll take real care of your heart, hyung” He whispered in my ear and I firmly clutched on the back of his shirt.

When he freed me, he took the stone and put it in his pocket before pulling me in for a kiss.

 

“He really kept it” Kyuhyun mutters, his eyes b with tears and he takes deep breaths to hold them back.

Minho worriedly eyes him but when he sees the smile stretching on his lips, he feels relieved although still curious about that little stone. However, before he can ask about it, the door opens and Siwon comes out along with his brother.

The younger’s eyes immediately fall on his boyfriend, catching on the teary eyes which make him suddenly nervous. He motions for Donghae to walk him to the couch and the latter does.

Not until a hand cups his chin to raise his head that Kyuhyun snaps out of it, coming face to face with his lover.

“Hey” He lowly greets as his smile broadens. He cups Siwon's face and lovingly stares at him for a couple of seconds before pressing his lips on his in a chaste kiss. The latter is startled, feeling something is wrong so he pulls away and cups Kyuhyun’s cheek as he concernedly asks “Are you okay?”

Kyuhyun slightly nods before averting his eyes to his hands, brushing over the stone and causing Siwon to follow his gaze.

The younger’s eyes narrow, his hand unconsciously reaching for the stone and making Kyuhyun frown at the move. Siwon stares at it for a while, a smile gracing his lips before he tenderly glances back at his boyfriend.

“It’s mine” He matter-of-factly says, causing Kyuhyun to grin and frantically nod.

“It’s yours”

“I can feel it means a lot to me” Siwon sincerely states, clutching his fingers around the stone and leaning his head on Kyuhyun’s shoulder.

The latter side hugs him, pressing kisses on the top of his head before muttering “It does… to both of us”

After staying in that position for a couple of minutes, Siwon straightens up and delicately eyes his lover before turning his sight to the rest of the things on the couch. His eyes fall on his necklace and he picks it up with percked eyebrows, inspecting the pendant before looking at Kyuhyun again.

“My dad gave this to me, but… the pendant is kind of different” Siwon questions, recalling how his father gave him this necklace saying it belonged to his mother. However, the piece of puzzle and the writing on its back are not the same.

“The words are different”

To answer the younger’s question, Kyuhyun takes off his necklace and shows it to him. Siwon smiles in relief when he realizes it’s the one his dad gave him, turning it and reading the familiar words engraved on it.

As if his hands have a mind of their own, Siwon automatically links the two pieces together, finding them fitting perfectly. Kyuhyun’s eyes widen as he never knew that the pieces are for each other. He never noticed it before and it makes him feel slightly stupid.

He watches how Siwon turns them around and how the writings seem to fit. His necklace has ‘Love’ engraved on it, while Siwon’s has ‘Forever’. He surprisingly glances at Siwon who smilingly turns to look at him as well.

“I never knew they fit” Kyuhyun admits, his fingers brushing over the complete piece puzzle before resting on Siwon’s hand.

“I gave you this one?” Siwon asks, and Kyuhyun nods, slightly nervous that Siwon might remember the events that came along with it.

“This necklace means a lot to me” The younger exclaims, smiling as he feels his heart racing in his chest.

“To me too”

“Good”

Siwon then puts his necklace around his neck before putting the other one around Kyuhyun’s neck. Then he pulls his boyfriend from the nape and crashes their lips together.

Forgetting about Donghae and Minho, who are standing in the middle of the room like some silent audience, Siwon’s emotions are heightened and so he makes sure to convey his feelings to the older, wanting to comfort him and assure him that he will try everything to get his memory back.

Kyuhyun doesn’t know if he should feel happy or sad that Siwon is gaining his memory little by little. However, for now, he will keep his promise in making it up for him no matter what it takes.

 

- Tbc -

 


Siwon is remembering little by little! But the memories are random O_O
Not a good thing for Sugar Pie!
I honestly can't tell you what he will remember next because I myself don't know yet XD

But what I can tell you is that something interesting will happen in the next chappie *wink wink*

Thanks for reading!