Mauvaise Nouvelle

Remembrance

 

Coming in from yet another recording and another dance practice, Kyuhyun is craving for some sleep. He enters his dorm’s room, eyes half closed from tiredness as he wearily approaches his bed.

Slamming his body face on the sheets, he lets out a noisy whine into his pillow, expressing his frustration even though no one can hear him.

It’s been a month since he left Seoul and things are getting even harder each day. Cho Kyuhyun is used to his busy life, schedules all day long and only a few hours of sleep. However, what he’s not quite, and never thinks he will be, used to, is being apart from his boyfriend.

During his time in China, Kyuhyun took every single free minute to call or text Siwon. The latter, not wanting to disturb his lover, always texts him instead of calling, but it always ends up with Kyuhyun to be the one calling him whenever he gets a text even if it’s in the middle of the night.

The couple grew attached to each other in the short period of time they’ve got together, and since it’s the first time being apart for a month, it’s torturing for the both of them.

Kyuhyun turns his head to the side, breathing in and out as he suddenly feels chocked by his suppressed tears that he’s not willing to set free because he promised Siwon…

“Wonnie, I miss you”

> Sugar Pie, I miss you too <

“It’s only been a week but I’m dying here!”

> Don’t say that baby, we’ll get through it <

“You don’t seem sad about our distance”

> How can you say that, hyung! Of course I am! <

“Well, you’re not showing it”

> Because I want you to stay strong <

“*sigh* Wonnie, are you taking care of yourself?”

> I am, sweetheart <

“W-Wonnie…”

> Kyu, please don’t cry <

“I miss you so bad it hurts”

> I know exactly how you feel, but please I don’t want you to cry. You promised not to, remember? <

“I’m sorry. I just…”

> I know. Just whenever you feel like you need to cry, think of our happy moments together, okay? <

“Okay. I gotta go Siwon, I’ll call you later”

> Good luck, baby. Make me proud <

“I love you”

> I love you too, Sugar Pie <

And that’s what Kyuhyun is doing right now. He closes his eyes and tries to let his brain take him to the happy moments he shared with Siwon. Memories that he’s cherishing inside his heart that successfully manage to put a smile on his angelic face.

“I miss you so much” He whispers before slowly opening his eyes and realizing that reality is nothing like his memories.

Letting out a deep sigh, he climbs off the bed and walks to his desk, eyes staring at a certain letter laid there with the words ‘To My Sugar Pie’ written on its cover.

It’s the same letter Siwon gave him the day Kyuhyun left, and although he was very excited about it the moment he recieved it, he never was able to read it yet. Whenever he says he’ll open it, something inside him tells him ‘not yet’ and so he just puts it there on his desk next to his laptop, always looking at it as if he will get some kind of permission when the time comes to read it.

Siwon of course asked about it, but Kyuhyun swiftly changed the subject…

It was the night of the day they parted…

> Baby! Did you arrive well? <

“Wonnie! Yes, I just entered the dorm. We stopped by the studio first”

> Aren’t you tired? <

“Just a little”

> You should rest then, hyung <

“I still wanna talk more”

> We can talk later, baby <

“Wonniiiie… I’m not tired!”

> Okay baby. So? <

“So?”

> H-Have you read it yet? <

“Not yet. I haven’t got the time, I’m sorry”

> I thought you would read it on the plane. You were too excited earlier <

“I was, but now I feel like I need to read it when I’m starting to miss you”

> That’s… logical. But you don’t miss me yet? <

“I do, but I know I’ll miss you even more tomorrow and the day after, and the day after...”

> Hahaha I see <

 

Separation ! We’ll meet soon, Wonnie…

 

...

 

“Guys wake up!”

Early the next morning, manager hyung bursts into Kyuhyun’s and Donghae’s room, slightly freaking out as he approaches the men’s bed and nudge on each one.

...

Donghae normally shares a room with Hyukjae, but because he was feeling bad about leaving Kyuhyun alone, knowing exactly how the maknae will be missing his little brother, he used a lot of pleading power to convince Hyukjae to let him sleep with Kyuhyun. The maknae acted indifferent when Donghae told him they will be sharing the same room, but the truth was he was happy because at least he will be having something from his lover beside him, although Donghae and Siwon are nothing alike.

...

Oddly, it’s the sleepyhead Kyuhyun who wakes up first, sitting on his bed and rubbing his eyes before staring at their manager. 

“We’re going back to Korea”

Donghae confusedly sits up as well, eyeing Manager hyung and waiting for him to explain why would they have to go back to Seoul so suddenly.

Kyuhyun, on the other hand, notes the worried look on the older’s face and he’s soon standing on his feet as his heart inexplicably starts beating fast. His stomach is weirdly tightening at the announcement and it gets worse when the manager looks at him with a sad look.

“Let’s just go. I’ll fill you in later”

Manager hyung tries to stay as calm as possible, squeezing Kyuhyun’s shoulder before walking to the boys shared closet and taking out their bags.

“Hyung! What happened? Did you wake the others?” Donghae asks dumbfounded while standing up and walking toward the older.

“No. The others are staying”

Manager hyung explains, his sight still focused on the clothes because he can feel how the maknae’s blazing eyes are on him.

“So it’s just me and Kyu? I don’t get it” Donghae tilts his head to one side, trying to find a reason or recall if him and Kyuhyun have a mutual schedule that will make them go back to Seoul, while the maknae feels his breathing stop and he has to support himself by clenching on the bed side table since his knees are suddenly feeling weak.

Kyuhyun knows that something is wrong. He can read the expression on manager hyung’s face saying that something bad happened even though the latter is avoiding his gaze, and when he thinks of what him and Donghae have in common, he immediately freezes in his place.

“Wonnie…” he mutters out, making manager hyung snap his head at him while Donghae gets even more confused.

“What’s wrong with Siwon?” Donghae asks, suddenly starting to get anxious as well.

“It’s Siwon, isn’t it? Hyung, what happened?” Kyuhyun asks, his throat hurting from the tears that are gathering there while his hands are shaking from too much nervousness.

When manager hyung shifts his gaze to the floor, Kyuhyun’s heart stops for a second knowing his guess is right.

“There has been an accident” Manager hyung whispers, making Donghae gasp as he shockingly clasps a hand over his mouth, while Kyuhyun is still standing frozen in place, orbs expanding and lips parting in disbelief.

“H-How is he?” Donghae asks, tears already streaming down his face.

“I don’t know. It just happened a few minutes ago. We need to leave now if we want to catch the plane”

Manager hyung exclaims, zipping the bags and putting them next to the door before standing in front of the startled Kyuhyun, putting his hands on his shoulders and slightly shaking him.

“Kyu? Do you hear me? We need to go now!”

Kyuhyun blinks a couple of times, his head feeling dizzy as he doesn’t quite register what manager hyung is telling him.

Donghae however, although his sight is blurry from the tears, he manages to change his pants before walking to Kyuhyun as well, trying to block his sobs but the tears won’t stop coming out.

“K-Kyu, we s-should g-go”

Hearing the soft tone of his best friend, Kyuhyun can finally get back to reality as he starts frantically shaking his head in disbelief. He refuses to believe that Siwon is hurt, so he harshly frees himself from their manager’s grip and shakily walks to his desk, almost tripping on his long pajama pants, before reaching for his phone.

Manager hyung was about to say something but Donghae stops him between his sniffs, knowing his friend must be broken right now.

After managing to dial his boyfriend’s number since his fingers are quite shaky as he barely managed to press the speed dial button, Kyuhyun's heart is pounding inside his chest as he bites on the side of his lower lip waiting for him to pick up and tell him that he’s okay. Nevertheless, after a few beeps, it goes directly to the voice mail which makes Kyuhyun’s heart break.

“W-Wonnie! Where are you, Wonnie? Please pick up! Tell me you're okay, please! W-Wonnie… you can’t leave me… Please honey… Pick up!”

After leaving his lover a message and still not getting a response, the phone drops to the floor since Kyuhyun doesn’t have the strength to hold anything anymore. His eyes then fall on Siwon’s letter, staring at it with eyes b with tears before picking it up and bringing it closer to his heart, burying it in his chest with both hands.

The tears are threatening to fall but he refuses to cry. He promised Siwon not to... However, as much as he tried to suppress them, once he remembers what Siwon told him about recalling their happy moments whenever he wants to cry, the younger’s image before him makes him crumble to the floor, falling on his knees as his sobs break free.

The sight is heartbreaking for the other men in the room. Donghae is torn out between his worry over his brother and the sadness of seeing his best friend in this state. He can only let the tears stream down his cheeks while sadly eyeing the boy on the floor.

Manager hyung on the other hand, is trying very hard not to cry. He needs to be strong for both of his dongsaengs. He knows what Kyuhyun and Siwon have been through before and he can’t help but feel bad about this accident after they have finally found their happiness. He keeps on checking his phone for any news because when they called him earlier, all they said was that Siwon had an accident and that he was in surgery.

 

Hearing the sounds of sobbing, Hyukjae stirs from his sleep, curiously getting up to check where it’s coming from. Once he reaches his boyfriend’s room, his eyes bulge out at the scene of Donghae crying, but even more at his friend who’s kneeling on the floor, a letter pressed to his chest, his body rocking from one side to the other while a river of tears is flowing down his face.

“What the hell happened?”

Donghae who takes notice of his boyfriend quickly runs over to him, burying himself in his embrace while sobbing even harder.

Hyukjae caresses the hair of the man in his arms dumbfounded, while his gaze is still fixed on the maknae.

“I-It’s Siwon… A-Accident”

Donghae mumbles against Hyukjae’s chest, causing the older’s eyes to widen. Although those words were incoherent, but the name Siwon and the way Kyuhyun is right now explains it all.

He slowly pulls Donghae away, apologetically looking him in the eyes before pressing a tender kiss on his forehead.

Donghae turns around to look at Kyuhyun, his heart breaking again as he feels helpless. He then looks at Hyukjae again, motioning him with his head to go talk to Kyuhyun. The older swallows the lump on his throat, rubbing his boyfriend’s arm before walking to the maknae kneeling on the floor.

“Kyu” He starts but Kyuhyun keeps rocking his body from one side to the other, and even though his eyes are opened, his orbs are unfocused, full of sadness and fear.

“We should leave or we’ll miss the flight” Manager hyung announces again, looking at Hyukjae as if asking him to handle the maknae.

Hyukjae nods in understanding before looking again at Kyuhyun, pulling him into his embrace and making him rest his head on his chest.

“Kyu, Siwon needs you right now”

Kyuhyun can finally feel his surroundings at the mention of his boyfriend’s name. His sobbing increases as his free hand clenches tightly on Hyukjae’s shirt.

The latter’s eyes are b with tears as well but he wants to be strong for his friend so he holds them back with so much difficulty.

“He’s going to be okay, Kyu. He’s strong” Hyukjae assures, making Kyuhyun pull back and look at him with his red puffy eyes that leave the older’s heart breaking into halves.

“Promise hyung?”

Hyukjae looks hesitant for a second, but knowing everything these two went through, he believes that they are meant to be together and that this can’t be the end for them.

He leans down, pecking the crown of the maknae’s head while soothingly rubbing his back before muttering “Yes”

Kyuhyun feels somehow relieved because he wants to believe his hyung so bad. He then slowly turns his gaze to the other men, watching how Donghae is giving him a sad look while trying hard to stop his sobs. Kyuhyun knows that Donghae must be feeling hurt as well since Siwon is his brother, so he takes a deep breath before standing up, resting his weight on Hyukjae’s shoulder when his knees fail to support him for a second. He wipes away his flowing tears with the back of his hands as he walks up to his friend, holding his arms and letting their gazes meet.

“He’s going to be okay” He assures him, making Donghae slightly smile at him while nodding his head.

 

...

 

Although it’s just an hour flight from Beijing to Seoul, for Kyuhyun it felt like eternity. Manager hyung booked them first class seats, and luckily there aren’t a lot of passengers around them.

Donghae is holding Kyuhyun’s hand from the second the flight took off, both tightening their hold as they keep hoping for the best.

Kyuhyun leans on the window, unable to support his head anymore. His eyelids are heavy from the mixed up emotions and too much crying, that they won’t stay open no matter how he tries.

As he closes his eyes, once again Siwon’s face flashes in front of him, the younger’s dimpled smile manages to bring new tears to his eyes. His free hand clutches on the necklace around his neck, pulling it out of his top and raising to his mouth, planting a kiss on the pendant with his trembled lips.

Please be okay...

...

 

Finally reaching Seoul, Kyuhyun doesn’t know exactly how his feet carried him out of the airport since his mind is not functioning at all.

The drive to the hospital was nerve wracking as well. Kyuhyun keeps on tapping his foot on the van’s floor, as if that simple move will make the time pass any faster, while Donghae keeps on praying for his brother’s safety.

Once in front of the hospital, Manager Hyung takes Kyuhyun and Donghae inside, leading them to the VIP room and asking them to wait there until he goes get Siwon’s doctor.

Kyuhyun argues, saying he wants to go with him, but Donghae convinces him not to. So waiting for the news, both men keep pacing the room from one corner to the other, waiting for the door to open.

A few minutes later, Manager hyung finally gets back with Minho trailing behind him, and once Kyuhyun sees the familiar figure, he rushes to him and starts showering him with questions.

“Minho-ah, where’s Siwon? What happened? Is he okay? I wanna see him!”

Minho, who also has red eyes clearly from crying as well, puts his hands on Kyuhyun’s shoulders before declaring “Hyung, calm down. Siwon is okay”

Kyuhyun’s expression is inexplicable for a moment before a faint smile pricks his face.

“He is? Are you sure, Minho-ah?” He asks again wanting to make sure that he’s not hiding anything from him.

Minho smiles, nodding his head before assuring him “Yes, he is. He’s being transported to that room as we speak”

The younger motions for the door that’s separating the VIP waiting room and the hospital room that Siwon will be recovering in, causing Kyuhyun to finally let out a sigh of relief.

The maknae turns around, finding Donghae sniffing as his shoulders keep moving up and down, so he walks to him, cupping his face before asking “Why are you crying, hyung? Haven’t you heard? Siwon is okay”

Donghae nods, wiping his tears with the back of his hands before letting a smile decorate his face.

“He’s okay… My little brother is okay”

Kyuhyun then brings his best friend into his arms, hugging him tightly while silently thanking god for not taking Siwon away from him.

“You guys can see him now” Minho announces, causing the two to break the hug and frantically nod at him as he guides them to Siwon’s room, while their manager excuses himself to call their band mates and update them on Siwon’s case.

...

Stepping inside the room, Kyuhyun’s heart breaks a little when his sight falls on his lover helplessly lying on the white bed. His right hand is casted while a bandage is wrapped around his left ankle.

The view makes all three men’ faces twist in a pitiful expression. The younger brother, best friend, lover that they all love and care about is sprawled unconscious just a foot away from them. His handsome face that’s always having a dimpled smile, is now pale and confronting pain.

 

Donghae is the first one to move forward, his tears finding their way back but he bites on his lip to suppress them. He stands on the right side of his brother, caressing his forehead and feeling bad about the few scratches on his handsome face.

“Hey Siwonnie… It’s Hae hyung”

He whispers but the younger is not awake yet which makes Kyuhyun nervous as he turns to Minho and looks at him in worry.

“Isn’t he going to wake up?” He unsurely asks, kind of scared of the answer, but Minho smiles at him as he tries to sound comforting.

“He will. It’s just the anesthesia hasn’t worn out yet”

Kyuhyun nods in understanding before shifting his gaze to his boyfriend again and deciding to walk closer. Standing on the left side of the bed, the maknae inhales deeply to calm down his racing heart. He slowly holds Siwon’s hand, his thumb caressing its back lightly as he’s afraid he will hurt him. His eyes then land on his lover’s gorgeous face before his body moves on its own as it leans down and plants a peck on Siwon’s forehead, nose, then his lips.

Pulling away with a faint smile, Kyuhyun takes a seat on the edge of the bed, his other hand joining the one cupping Siwon’s.

“Wonnie, you have to wake up” He mutters out, trying hard not to let his voice crack because he believes Siwon can hear him.

“I miss you…” He adds, a lone tear managing to escape the corner of his eye and falling on his boyfriend’s hand.

A minute later, the younger is slowly opening his eyes, scanning the ceiling at first since his vision is still a bit blurry from the medication he’s under. He slowly his lips, moistening them as he feels his throat dry.

Seeing that action, Minho nears him, pouring a glass of water from the table next to the bed before helping him sit up a bit and making him drink it.

When Siwon is satisfied, he lays his head back on the pillow, closing his eyes for a second before opening them again and looking around him.

“H-Hae hyung?” He calls out when he sees the familiar face of his big brother hovering over him. Donghae gives him a wide smile and a nod as his fingers are caressing the younger’s hair.

Siwon’s eyes close again, clearly still tired from the surgery and the accident as his head feels dizzy. He then opens them again when he feels something wet landing on his hand, glancing at his other side and slightly flinching when he catches the teary man staring at him.

“Hey…” Kyuhyun whispers, smiling tenderly at his lover who’s now having a confused look on his face.

“K-Kyuhyun-ssi?” The boy unsurely asks, eyes narrowing as if trying to remember what happened and why Kyuhyun is here.

The maknae on the other hand is frowning at the name his boyfriend just used on him. Siwon has never called him Kyuhyun-ssi except in the beginning when they first met. The thought is making his insides boiling with anxiety while his heartbeat is speeding with an inexplicable feeling that something is definitely wrong.

 

- Tbc -

 


Uh-oh! What just happened? O_O
Don't kill me please m(_ _)m
I tried to make it sad to the minimun... sorta

So where did 'Sugar Pie' go? What's happening in here?!
FInd out in the next chappie ^o^