From awkwardness to closeness

I'm inlove with this guy.

Your POV: 

I woke up due to the sunlight hitting my face. I prepared myself for school and headed downstairs for a breakfast. After that, Taemin oppa said that he'll drive me to school. 

We both entered the car and Taemin oppa said something.

"Jungie-ah, the dance battle will be later at evening. Can you please come and support me?" He said while starting the engine. 

"Really?! Tonight? Are you alread prepared? Does the clothe we bought fitted to your music? What?" I bombarded him with questions. 

"Oh, hold on right there. Don't worry, oppa is always ready right? And of course, the clothes fitted to my type. It's you who picked it right?" He rubbed my hair and I whined as I arranged it. 

"And Jungie.." I looked at him with a questioned look. "If ever that I will win this competition, I have to tell you something." He said as we drove to school. 

"What is it?" I furrowed my eyebrows. 

"I said if ever I win, I will tell it right?" He cheekily smiled. 

I pouted and just kept on thinking about it until we reached the school. He stopped the car infront of the gate. I went outside the car and he opened the passenger's seat's window. 

"Oppa, I'll go now.." I slightly bowed at him.

"Do good at school alright?" He said as I nodded and bid goodbye to him. I watched as the car drove away. 

I wish Taemin oppa will win so that I can also know what he's going to tell me. I walked inside the school and Jongin already popped beside me.

"Is that your boyfriend?" He asked. 

What the hell is that kind of question? 

"Asking that question this early, really?" I rolled my eyes at him. 

"I'm just curious. Is he really your boyfriend?" He asked. 

I'm really lazy to say a word right now so I didn't answer his question.

"Let's just meet later after morning class." I said as I headed to my class leaving him dumbfounded.

¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤

The bell rang for lunch break. I walked out of the room and headed to my locker to placed my books and notebooks. I phewed and as I closed my locker, I saw Jongin leaning against the locker that made me startled again. 

"Hey, can you please stop doing that?" I slapped his arm. He playfully rubbed his arm.

"For what?" He chuckled.

"For startling me?" I rolled my eyes. For all this time, I was worried and still thinking at what Taemin oppa said earlier. 

"Hey, something wrong?" He asked as we walked to the cafeteria.

I just shook my head. We grabbed our food and I was about to seat at the vacant chair when Jongin held my wrist.

"Wait." I looked at his hand then to him. "Let's eat at the rooftop." He demanded.

I was about to complain but then again he held my wrist and led me to the rooftop. Really? Is this his hobby grabbing someone's wrist? Tch.

We reached the rooftop and the soft and refreshing wind already greeted us. We both sat on the wooden bench and placed our food in our lap.

"Why do you want to eat here?" I asked as I drank my soda. 

"Because... it's fresh here. Not in the cafeteria, too much crowded. And, fangirls sorrounding." He grinned.

What the hell? Fangirls?

"Fangirls? How on earth did that happen?" I raised one eyebrow.

"Maybe because of.. my dancing skills and good looks?" He wiggled his eyebrows. 

I almost got choked at the soda I'm drinking. I tried to gulp but I kept on choking..

"H-hey, are you alright?" He asked as he gave me a tissue. 

Aigoo, nice joke Jongin, nice joke. Tch.

Finally, the choking part was already gone and drank another to have a clean gulp. 

"Hey what happened?" He asked in curiousity.

"Nothing, the soda must be too acidic that's why I almost choked." I lied.

"Really?" I just nodded. Aish, babo Jongin. "Btw, about my questiom this morning.. Is he your boyfriend?" 

"Why would you wanna know?" I said.

"Nothing. Cause couples usually does that. Guy taking his girlfriend on shool, picking her up after school.." He said.

"You know.. Don't ask immediately." I chuckled.

"Why?" He looked at me with full of innocence.

"He's not my boyfriend." I said as I shook my head.

"Huh? Then who is he?" He furrowed his eyebrows.

"He's my cousin from New York. He came back here for a vacation. Actually he have a dance competition later at night." I explained.

"Really? Oh, I'm really sorry.. I don't know.." He scratch his head in embarassment. "So, he also dance? He must be good at dancing too, like you!" He said.

"Actually.. I learned dancing because of him.. He's the only one who really encourage me to dance, and I'm thankful that I have a cousin like him." I stated.

"You must be very lucky. Your family must be really closed with dancing. By the way, why didn't you tell me that you're that good at dancing? As in really.. you're great." He smiled. 

Oh, crap. What am I going to tell him? Oh, right!

"Oh, do you want to go with me tonight after class for Taemin oppa's competition?" I requested.

I don't know what on earth did my mouth told him that. But, whatever. I need to change the topic before he asked too much questions.

"Ooh, so Taemin's his name? Well... are you.. sure?" He shyly asked.

"Y-yes.. And I guess watching different people dance would be great right?" I smiled.

"Well, okay... That would be great. And so that I can see your cousin." He agreed.

"Great!" Then we continued eating our food.

¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤

The class ended and I placed some of my things on the locker. I walked on the hallway and tried to find Jongin, but he's nowhere to be found. Then there, I saw him heading towards my direction. 

"Hey, where did you go?" I asked.

"My professor just talked to me that's why I'm late at going outside." He explained.

"Alright. Let's go before the competition starts." I said as we headed to the school gate.

"What time is it?" He asked. I looked at my watch. " 5:30. The competition will start at 6:00 p.m." I said as we held a bus and headed to Myeongdong. 

Finally, we reached Myeongdong. Taemin oppa said that the competition will be held infront of Freedom Park. We both headed to the park and there we already saw crowded of people sorrounding the small stage with different colors of lights spotted on it. 

I searched for Taemin oppa and there I saw him at the backstage, arranging his clothes.

"Oppa!" I called. He saw me and we walked towards him.

"Jungie, you came!" He said as he hugged me. Oh, I forgot that I'm with Jongin.

"Oh, oppa. This is Jongin, the one with me yesterday when you picked me up." I said.

Jongin bowed at him and they shook hands. 

"I'm Taemin, Jungie's cousin." He cheekily smiled. "At first sight, I thought I was you." He laughed.

Really oppa? Are these two even look alike? 

I looked at Taemin oppa then to Jongin. Holy muffins, I didn't notice that 'look alike' part, really.

Jongin was also shocked and just laughed with him. 

"So oppa, when are you going to perform?" I asked whike I arranged some strands of his hair.

"We're number 2. Me and my other competitor." I just nodded. 

Soon, we already left Taemin oppa for him to ready himself. He said thst there will be two rounds. The Choreographed round and the Freestyle round. Taemin oppa is really good when it comes to freestyles. 

The program starts and everyone already gone wild. We watch the two battlers snd they seems to be very good. As time past by, it was alreay oppa's turn. Everyone cheered including me and Jongin. I gave oppa a 'fighting' sign as he looked at me. 

The music starts and his dance is already amazing. Taemin oppa really owns the stage right now. I kept on cheering him while Jongin is just completely amazed at his dance. The music ended with him pumping up his fist. The crowd clapped and shouted at him.

Then after a few moments, the second round starts. Some random song played and oppa started doing his own thing. The steps he is doing is familiar to me. That's the steps he used when he compete in New York and when he placed as champion. 

Taemin oppa is really smart. I know he will win this competition eversince the start. The music end with all of them really catching for their breathes.

Finally, the host alreay announced the winners. I crossed my fingers even though I know it really doesn't work but maybe it would work. I also looked at Jongin who's biting his bottom lips. Maybe he's nervous at te results too?

"The 3rd place for this tonight's competition is, Kim Sunwoo!" Everybody clapped. 

I phewed and waited for the next winner.

''The 2nd place for this tonight's competition us, Jung Hanbyul!" The host stated. 

I phewed again. I looked at my side to see Jongin who was with closed eyes. I just smiled at him.

"And now.. the most awaiting announcement. Who will be the champion for City's Dance Superstar tonight?" 

I closed my eyes tightly, but before that I looked at oppa with his head lowered and hands together.

"The champion for tonight's competition is..... Lee Taemin!" The host stated.

Am I just mishearding or what? Taemin oppa won! 

I looked at Jongin who was also feeling the same way I am right now. I just walked towards him and hugged him. Maybe because of.. happiness? I don't know, I just did that.

After a few seconds, I let go of the hug. I mean, accidental hug. I smiled at him in embarassment. 

"A-ah.. you better congratulate your cousin." He said. 

Oh right, so I left him startled and headed to Taemin oppa. 

"Oppa!" I called.

"Jungie! I won!" He exclaimed. We hugged each other and he swang me around. We let go of the hug.

"I can't believe I will win." He said.

"I know,. Of course you're Lee Taemin and no one can beat you." I cheekily smiled,

"Aigoo.." He ruffled my hair. "Oh, come here. I will tell you something." He held my wrist and led me somewhere. 

Jongin saw me and I mouthed him that just wait for me and he just nodded. 

He led me to the park. Great, no people around.

"What is it you're going to tell me?" I blinked.

"Jungie.. you're happy that I won right?" He asked. 

"Of course I'm happy.." I replied.

"But... I have to leave.." He almost whispered. 

"What? Wh-when?" Tears started to form in my eyes.

"After this competition, I decided that I have to leave and went back to New York. For that, I can continue my hobby in competing." He said as he held my hands. Tears started to fall down my cheeks.

"But don't worry, Taemin oppa will always text and call you. And oppa will join competitions for you." He said.

"But you don't have to leave. Why didn't you tell me much early? Why did you tell me this right now?" I said as I sniffed.

"Cause I don't want you to worry about me when I'm still here. I want you to be happy when I'm with you.." He explained.

"Oppa... please.. don't leave.." I begged. 

"I have to. I also have priorities there. But I'll be back as soon as I can." He said. 

I just lowered my head and cried. 

"Aw, don't make oppa cry." He brought me into a tight hug. "I know I am your closest. Like I said to you, I can be your bestfriend, your brother, your dance partner, and even your father." He chuckled. "And all of those won't change. Your Kang Minjung and I'm Lee Taemin right? Don't worry, oppa will try to win in New York just for you." He whispered. 

I just buried my face into his chest and cry out as I hugged him tightly. He let go of the hug and he wiped away the tears on my cheeks. 

"Oppa will do great in New York right?" He also wiped his cheeks. "I will miss you Jungie.." He gave me a cheekily smile then ruffled my hair.

"Me too oppa. Take care there arasso?" I said. He nodded and the honk of a car was heard.

"Oh, the car is here. I already thanked and bid goodbye to your parents so no need to worry." He stated. "Annyeong Jungie! Stay cute and keep on dancing no matter what! Fighting!" He said as he walked inch and inch away from me. 

"You too oppa! Keep on dancing no matter what and congratulations again!" I exclaimed as I bid goodbye to him as he entered the car. Then the car faded away at the road. I wiped some of the tears in my face. 

I sighed and there I saw Jongin walking towards me.

Jongin's POV:-

Minjung must really be close with Taemin. She even gave him skinships that she can't do to others, including me. I saw the two of them crying and hugging. What is happening? Is there a problem? Why are the both of them crying? Is that the reason why Minjung was a bit out of the world earlier at school? 

Soon, a car honked at them. Taemin walked towards the car and entered. Is he already leaving or what? I watched as they bid goodbye to each other. So I decided to walked towards her and maybe.. try to comfort her.

"Hey." I called. She weakly smiled at me. "Are you okay?" I tilted my head to see her face. She just nodded. 

"Are you sure?" She nodded again. "Alright with a nose that almost looked like tomato?" I joked.

"No.. It's just that.." She heavily sighed. I can see the sad and weak face on her. 

"Come on, burst it out. It's okay.. A girl like you should not controling her tears when having a problem." I said as I let her sit on a swing and I sat on the opposite. "Come on, just once.. I can be your shoulder to cry on." I looked at her with a still weak face.

"Oppa said if he wins this competition, he will tell me something. I don't know that he will leave after this. To continue his hobby, for me.. But, I'll be more happy if he just stayed here." She explained with all of her might.

"I don't know that you were that close with him. But right from the start you introduce me to him, I alreay saw the two of you's close relationship with each other." I said as I slightly swaying the swing.

"Taemin oppa's been close to me eversince we're kids. We used to share things we have, dance together.. At times, my happiness is made all because of him. Cause he's my bestfriend, my brother, my dance partner, my coach and inspiration in dancing.. All of that, I always treasure that." She stated. 

"Sometimes, I felt like I just wanted him to be my brother, and my boyfriend. A guy that will never let me go, always take care of me, and will always make me smile when I'm feeling down. But then again, he have to leave, for his own good. And I have no rights to be against that." She sighed.

"You must be very lucky to have him as your cousin." She chuckled at what I said.

"Very,very lucky.." She smiled. I just smiled at her expression. "Jongin.." I looked at her.

"Oppa said that he looks like you." 

"O-oh, well you know, he must be joking.." I laughed. 

"No.." She paused and my eyebrows raised up. "You do look like him." She looked at me and cheekily smiled. 

"Really?" I almost whispered. She nodded. She stood up from her seat and I did the same. 

"Where are you-" 

"Can you be Taemin oppa for atleast tonight?" She asked. 

"O-of course.." Then suddenly I felt a pair of arms wrapped around my waist. This is not just a hug, it's a warm and overwhelming hug. I was startled at first but I hugged her back.

I understand you Minjung. It's okay. I can be Taemin, even if it's just for tonight. 

"Thank you.." She whispered. I smiled at her words. "No problem.." I replied as she buried her into my chest more.

Minjung-ah, why are you doing this to me? I know I kinda annoyed you but why are still keep on hanging out with me? I'm right, you're not a girl who usually gets pissed off and hate boys easily. 

You have something in me, but I still can't figure it out. It's unexplainable. 

Minjung-ah, am I starting to have feelings for you?

 


Yay! Double updated today! :DD Well, the chapter says it all. All I need to see now is you subscribing, commenting and upvoting my story.. :)) 

Hope you have fun cause there's alot of UNEXPLAINABLE feelings that will happen with Minjung and Jongin! ;))