[First Trip - Let’s Make Dinner]

Daddy Days Out

The 5 clueless daddies are staring at the supposed to be the ingredients for dinner without any single idea what they’re going to do with it.

“Hyung... I’m sorry. The housekeeper didn’t tell me that the cook that we usually hired to make us dinner is unavailable, I’m really sorry” Siwon as the owner of the house feel sorry

“let’s just cook some instant ramyeon for tonight” yesung said

“No... No... I promise teukie to not feed the kids with instant ramyeon” kangin sigh

”Why don’t we order some Pizza or Jjajamnyeon??” Kyuhyun suggest

“Yah! Who the hell want to deliver foods here? Is in the middle of the forest and its freaking dark outside”

“eunhyuk is right. Now what are we going to do?” Hankyung as the older one agree with what eunhyuk said

“hyung. You can cook right?” Siwon asked the eldest dad there with a slightly hoping tone

“yeah... The only dishes that I could cook is Beijing Fried Rice and Intsant ramyeon, the rest are pretty about it”

“okay. We’re doomed now” kyuhyun sigh

“should I call wookie to guide us how to cook something?” yesung who have been silent since then finally speak up

“no no no” Kangin who’s in charge as the leader from them completly disagree to that idea “denifetly no! We came here to have an vacation with our kids only without any mingling from the mother. Come on! Making a dinner is not that hard. We can do it!”

And yes, Kangin is now showing his leadership skill “Now, let’s divide into group. Yesung and Siwon are in charge of the soup, me and Hankyung are in charge of the main dishes and Kyuhyun, you! Should cook the rice”

Feeling left out, eunhyuk protesting to his hyung “hyung! What about me?”

“ahhhh. you should prepare the plate”

“WHAT? Hyung... “Kyuhyun is curently protesting

“yah! You know that he is worst of the worst when it comes to cooking. It would be better if we put him out of kitchen for this first trial”

After the clear explanation from their leader, the 5 dads goes into their said position.

[Kyuhyun’s Rice]

Kyuhyun is sitting in front of the rice sacks, wondering how much exactly rice he needs to cook for all of them.

“Hyung, how much should I cook?” he asked hankyung, who apparently is passing beside him.

“You should figure it out by yourself”

“but hyung..” before kyuhyun could whine and complaining any longer, the chinese man already walk away from him “Okay then... It’s up to me now”

“let’s use your smart brain Cho Kyuhyun!” he said to himself “well, apparently there are 10 people in the house. So maybe I should cook 10 cup of rice for all of us. Is better be more than less”

And there he go, putting 10 cups of rice into the rice cooker bowl.

“now, what should I do next? Should I wash it? As far as I remember Minnie always wash the rice before putting it on the cooker... But Minnie is cooking a small amount of rice, and this?”

He is looking at the amount of rice that he have on the bowl. “never mind, I should just cook it. There wouldn’t be any different taste between it” And there he go, after adding some water which kyuhyun think is enough, he put the rice in the cooker machine and wait for the rice to cook.

“Now, I should play with Sungkyu while waiting. I bet Dongjae is probably trying to flirt with my baby”

*20 Minutes Later*

The youngest dad is anxiuosly open the rice cooker, hoping that the rice is cooked perfectly, well at least edible for everyone to eat. A bunch of white smoke welcome him when he opened the cooker, and slowly he stir the cooked rice with the wooden spoon that he’s been holding on until the very bottom of the cooker, cheking if there are any burned or neither uncooked rice.

“Hyung... Is this Ok?” He shouted to Kangin who seems busy with his scramble egg infront of the frying pan

“Wait... I’m coming” he walks towards the magnae after putting his ‘finally done’ scramble egg to the plate beside him. “well, for the first attempt to cooked rice, you did a pretty well job in this” Kangin said proudly after seeing Kyuhyun’s cooked rice while patting the latter shoulder

“I know hyung... I’m a genius. There is nothing that I couldn’t do”

“yeah yeah.whatever, now you should prepare the rice for the kids, the egg is done. They should eat first”

“Ok!”

While Kyuhyun is putting the rice into little bowl for the kids, a cute voice suddenly heard beside him

“Appa!”

Kyuhyun look down on his left to where his daughter probably standing “yes Princess?”

“Appa! What are you doing” the little girl asked her daddy while holding a pink bunny plusshie on her left arm

“I’m cooking the rice” he said proudly and pick sungkyu up and sit her on the table beside the cooker machine “wanna taste it?” kyuhyun then offered a spoon full of rice to his daughter to taste and as expected, sungkyu ate it without any doubt.

“how is it??” the young dad asked curiously and answered with two thumbs up from his daughter plus a wide cute smile

“Appa Jjang! Its delicious!”

“I know right” he rubbed his daughter head “I’m the best... Now, come on let’s prepare a bowl for you and the oppa and jongwook to eat.

[Yesung and Siwon’s Soup]

“hyung, have you ever cooked some soup before?” siwon asked his hyung after they finally done gathering the ingredients for the soup that they’re gonna make

“nope” the older said calmly

“what???? Bu..but... I thought you knew how hyung, that’s why I was totally cool when I’m paired up with you”

“nope... I didn’t even know any single thing about cooking. You know, wookie never let me to help him cooked at home” once again, yesung answer while shrugging his shoulder

on the other hand, Siwon is start to widden his eyes and shows some panic line on his face “Hyung!....”

“relax siwon... relax... Is just a soup, what’s so hard about it”

“bu..bu..but..but... We never cooked it before, how come you just so sure about it”

“well, I don’t know. It’s just a soup. We cut the vegetable and all the ingredients and put it on the bowl of boiling water. Then add some red bean paste, salt, suga, and some seasoning then tadaaa.. The soup is done. Easy right?”

“okay... I’m counting on you hyung”

“let’s start now. I will cut the veggies first, you should boil some water for the soup”

“okay hyung, I help you after this” and yet, after Siwon finished filling up the pot with some amount of water from the water bottles for drinking, his eyes widen in horror “Hyung! What the”

“What??” Yesung asked with an innocent tone

“THIS?” once again, Siwon gave his hyung his horror looks while pointing at the big cut of vegetables in front of him

“oh.. That.. Why is that?”

“hyung... Are you freaking kidding me? How the kids supposed to eat that. It doesn’t seems that you cut it though”

“well...” now, the older guy finally sounds a little bit guilty “I try to chop it into little pieces, just like what wookie did it at home, but turns out it was harder than I though. I even almost cut my finger, see” yesung showing his ‘it seems hurt’ finger to Siwon which is the younger things it was perfectly fine “so, I came out with an idea. We should cut the veggies when it cooked, cause it will be more softer than before.

“Okay” said the younger who seems agree to what his hyung said and he start to help the older making the soup

[15 minutes later]

“Hyung, do you think our soup is cooked?” asked Siwon while at the hot pot in front of him. It’s been 15 minutes since they put all the veggies and all the necessary ingredients to make soup into the boiling water.

“I think it’s done. Let’s taste it!”

Before Siwon put the pot lid up, he pause his action “Hyung, I’m scared”

“Why?”

“I don’t know, it’s my first time cooking and I’m scared if it will turn out bad”

“Yah... It’s normal if the food taste bad for first timer, now come on let’s taste the soup”

Without any doubts, Yesung open the pot lid and stir the soup slowly “Ïts look good though” Yesung said confidently

But like the what the praise said ‘don’t judge the book by its cover’ the second Yesung put a tiny amount of soup in his mouth, he just literally split it out and start wrinkling his nose. Siwon on the other hand who’s loooking at his hyung reaction starting to feel unseasy about it

“Hyung... What’s wrong?”

Without any words Yesung gave the younger a spoon signaling him to taste it himself

“HOLY MOTHER FATHER! What is this?”

“eeer, a soup that we made”

“The taste is bad, no its HORIBLE. Is that even edible? How can we serve it to the kids? Kangin hyung is surely going to kill us”now Siwon is start to panic

“Wait, I got an idea” just then Yesung take the soup to go somewhere with him

A few minutes later Yesung comeback with a wide smile on his face “here, taste it”

He put the soup infront of Siwon who seems so curious what his hyung have been doing with the soup

“WOW” that is the first word that came out from Siwon mouth after tasting the ‘newly made’soup “Is this even the same soup that you take a few minutes a go?” Siwon asked Yesung suspiciously

“Of course it is. How is it? Good isn’t it?”

“It’s just so delicious hyung, what did you actually did with it? What did you put inside?”

“sercet” Yesung smile playfully

“Okay then, we should bring it to the dining table”

[Hankyung and Kangin Main Dishes]

“Hyung, what are you planning to do with the meat and tofu?”Kangin asked curiously while watching the Chinese man chops some Meat and Tofu

“I’m going to make Mapo Tofu”

“what is that?”

“A popular Chinese cuisine”

“Have you make it before?”

“Nope”

“WHAT? Hyung..”

“but I watch my mom make it a hundred times. I think I’ll be doing fine”

“Okay then.. I’ll count on you. Now, I’ll start to cooked the eggs”

The two man actually did a very good job with their task, there are no big obstacle for their dishes. Kangin fried eggs turn out pretty good and Hankyung’s Mapo Tofu is just as delicious as his Fried Rice.

The children and their father finally have their dinner together; strangely Yesung and Siwon soup have been the favorite dish of the night. Still don’t know what ‘magic’ ingredients that Yesung put inside it that makes the soup just so freaking delicious. This dinner is been a precious lesson for the father that cooking is not an easy task to do and they must be more thankful for their wife who’ve been cooking some dinner for them almost everyday.

And yes, Hyukjae is in charge for the dishes.

 

a/n: Hey... I'm back... Sorry for not updating for a very long time. Things just gotten out of place in my life, and my precious Laptop just brokedown and all my draft for this story is there, so yeah I have to re-write it again. Sorry for the boring update, I promise if things gotten a lot of better I'll make up to you readers to update more often in the future. Thanks For READING once again.. I LOVE YOU ALL.

_acha