[First Trip - First Night without Mommy]

Daddy Days Out

After they have a simple dinner and leaving Hyukjae all the dirty dishes, the daddies decide to put the kids into bed cause it almost bed time for the kids.

After brushing teeth, washing their hands, legs and face, they all went to their own bedroom for the night and ready to spent their first night without their kids mommy beside them.

[Kyuhyun and SungKyu’s Room]

“Sungkyu-ah... Do you miss your mommy?” Kyuhyun asked his daughter while their laying on their bed together ready to sleep

The little girl nod her head, “I miss eomma, but I’m happy that Appa is here beside me” she said and hug her father

“are you happy that you got to spent the whole day with Appa?”

The girl nods again, this time she put more energy in her head “much much much Happy”

Kyuhyun chuckle after hearing his daughter answer “how much happy?”

“this much” she makes an invisible big circle with her hand to show her dad how much happy she is “Appa even cooked  delicious rice for us”

“I’ll try to make something else for you next time” and he takes a mental note to asked minnie to teach him a simple recipe so that he can cooked for his daughter for the next trip

“appa..”

“hemmm”

“I’m happy that you play with me a lot”

“really? Do you want appa to play with you more often”

The little girl nod happily “yes, You always been so busy working everyday leaving me, eomma and Sunghyun alone ”

Kyuhyun feel bad when he heard this from his daughter, is true that he rarely spent his time with his family. All he do is working and working, but thanks to Kangin hyung who suggest this trip, now he knew how his daughter truly feel when he rarely spent his time with her and her brother, after this trip he promise to himself that he will spent more of his time with his family.

“So, playing with appa is your favorite for today?”

Sungkyu pout, “hemm” she start to show her cute thinking face which is surely she got from her mother “playing with appa is fun, but I like when Dongjae oppa catching the pretty butterfly for me”

Hearing that little boy name who secretly being Kyuhyun rival for getting Sungkyu attention makes the yound dad frown a little and start to change the topic

“Come on Sungkyu-ah.. Let’s sleep”

“ok”

“want me to sing for you?”

Sungkyu nods happily “Appa’s voice is the best”

Hearing that Kyuhyun lips form into a slight smile, he then lay on his side facing his daughter and start sing lullaby for her until she fall asleep.

[Eunhyuk and Dongjae’s room]

“Lee Dongjae! Stop running! Come sit and change into your pajamas!” Eunhyuk said while chasing his hyperactive son who’s been running around their not so big room the moment they went inside the room.

“ahahahaha. Come on catch me Appa” the little kids said playfully

“Yah! Stop it” Eunhyuk catch his breath, tired of running around chasing the little boy. Now he wonders where in the world his son got such a massive energy like that

“Appa... You’re old. You can’t even catch me”

“Yah! I’m not old!” protest his so not old father “Hankyungie hyung, Yesungie Hyung and Kangie hyung is older than me!”

The little boy didn’t bother listening to his father explanation, and keep running around the room.

“Lee Dongjae! I swear if you didn’t come here in this second, I won’t ever let you to play with Kyuhyun ahjushi daughter again”

Seems like Eunhyuk threatening is quite effective, cause just in instant the little boy stop running and go to his appa to change into his pajama, and eunhyuk mentally smirk, looks like he found another way to blackmailing his own son.

“appa, I miss eomma” dongjae said after they finally lied down on their bed and already change into his pajama.

“Why? Aren’t you happy with Appa alone”

“still, eomma is more fun than you”

“what?” Eunhyuk widen his eyes “Yah! I thought you really like playing with Appa”

“I Want my eomma” and just like dongjae start to cry and his father is starting to panic,

“wh...why are you crying” eunhyuk said hugging his son, trying to calm him down

“I miss eomma, you even didn’t bring my Nemo plushy. I can’t sleep without it” still sobbing

“you want me to sing for you?”

And in instant, dongjae just stop crying and stare in his father weirdly “Appa, you can’t sing”

“What? Who said that?”

“eomma said. He even said Shindong ahjushi is better than you when it comes to singing”

“Your mother said that?” can’t believe that his own partner is telling their son about his poor singing ability

Dongjae just nod his head innocently “but he said, when it comes to dancing you are the best among all the uncles”

Well, at least Donghae pointed out his good side to their son, Eunhyuk thought. “Let’s forget about singing. Want me to read your favorite story before you sleep?”

“yeay.. Finding Nemo!” as always, Dongjae favorite story all the time. He then excitedly jump off the bed and search for the said book on his blue backpack. After he find it and give it to his daddy, Eunhyuk start to read it until the little boy goes to the dreamland that night.

[Hankyung and  Kyunghee’s room]

Hankyung is currently reading a bedtime story to his son in his mother language. The story is about an adventure of a pretty cats with his dragon and fish friends to find a pretty princess who asleep inside the castle. It turn out pretty well at first, but as the story goes by Kyunghee starting to nag Hankyung about how his baba read it wrong or how his baba should use more intonation while he read.

“What now?” Hankyung sighed after he hears another whined from his son about how he read the story.

“Baba, you should read it like what Mama Chullie read it for me” Kyunghee said in Korean

“I’m trying”

“but Mama read it way more better than you, Baba just !”

“WHAT?” Hankyung asked in an intimidate tone. Indeed Kyunghee just inherit Heechul attitude

And hearing how his father use that kind of tone to him he started to low his head “I’m sorry Baba. But really, you just really bad”

“What makes your Mama so good at reading your bedtime story?”

“well, Mama use a lot of weird tone when he read the story, and he even impersonate voices”

“Impersonate voices?”

“yes. Like this story, he said that the Cat is Mama Chul, the Dragon is you Baba. So, he impersonated your voice if he read the dragon lines” Kyunghee explain to his father.

“okay then” Hangkyung said after hearing his son explanation “let’s call your Mama then ask him to read you a bedtime stories on the phone” and seems like Hankyung already given up

After a few beep sounds, finally the other person on the line is picking up his phone

“hello~”

oh , why did he sound so drunk. Hankyung thought after hearing the other person voice

“Mama!” Kyunghee shout excitedly after hearing his mother voice

“Oh, my baby... How are you doing? Did you have fun with your Baba?”

“ehhh” the boy nod, even that his mother can’t see his gesture “I have fun here, but I miss you Mama”

“awww. I miss you too my baby”

“But Mama, why did you sound so drunk?”

 Oh great, now even their own son know that his mother is drunk right now. Hankyung curse in his head

“oooowwhh. Nope, I’m not drunk. I just drink a glass of soju”

“Mama, where are you?”

“I’m hanging out with your father’s friends. Hihihihi”

“what? My friends?” Finally Hankyung speak up

“Oh Hannie... You were there?”

“Chul, just don’t drink too much okay?” He said in concern

“Mama, if anything happen just called Uncle Mimi or Uncle Henry Okay? Me and Baba can’t come to you right now because we’re on a strange place”

Heechul chuckle hearing what his son said. He acts like he’s the one who must protect his mother not the other way round. “Understand, Mama can take care of myself Kyunghee, don’t worry, you two Hannie, just have fun there. The two of you”

“Okay Mama, We’ll be home tomorrow. Goodnight”

“Goodnight my baby, Sleep well”

“Isn’t that weird? Your mom is hanging out with my friends instead of his” Hangkyung said to his son after they hung up the phone

“I know, Mama chullie is always weird”

“so, now you know that your mother certainly not in the right situation to read you a bedtime story, would you allow me to read it again”

“that’s okay Baba, let’s just sleep”

“Okay then, if that’s what you want” Hangkyung sigh, feeling rejected again with his own son. “Goodnight Kyunghee”

“goodnight Baba, I love you”

“I love you too”

[Kangin and Jungin’s room]

The big daddy just successfully carry his son who already asleep on the living room right after they had their dinner together. After fixing the pillow and blanket and checking if his son sleep position was comfortable enough, he grab his phone and decide to call a special person that he’s been missing for the whole day.

“Hello” The person across the line pick up the calls on a sleepy tone

“Did I just wake you up?”

“Baby, is that you?”

“Yes, how is my teukie teukie doing?”

“Oh sorry, I didn’t look at the caller ID. No, you didn’t wake me up, I was just putting Youngin to sleep. I’m good here. How’s your day with Jungin and the other boys?”

“we’re doing fine. Yeah, there are a few little incident also, I’ll tell you went we’re back home”

“Okay, did Jungin already asleep?”

“Yes, he just knock down right after we had our dinner. Seems like he really tired of wathcing and playing with his dongsaeng all day”

“Glad to hear that he’s doing a good job watching out his dongsaeng. You should go to sleep either. Remember you still have to drive home tomorrow”

“Okay, you too... Don’t sleep too late. Don’t forget to lock the door. Goodnight teukie”

“Goodnight Papa bear.I love you”

“I Love you too”

Right after Kangin ended up the call, Jungin stir from his sleep and he open his sleepy eyes slowly

“appa”

“Oh, Jungin-ah. Did I wake you up big boy?”

“were you talking with eomma?”

“hmm. Yes, you were asleep and we didn’t want to wake you up”

“I miss umma” the little boy said still with his sleepy tone

“come here” kangin move closer to his son and assist him to sit on his lap “you miss your umma?”

The little boy nods his head while rubbing his sleepy eyes

“you should go back to sleep, so that tomorrow will come faster and you’ll meet your mother more sooner. Understand?”

Another nods from his son “appa, sing me a soft lullalby” he request it softly

“okay” and Kangin start to sing a soft lullaby to the little boy who starting to close his eyes again in his lap.

[Siwon and Jaewon’s room]

“Amen”

The handsome father and son are bending their knees right beside their bed and put their hands together on a prayer gesture. They just finished their ritual nighttime prayer.

“daddy, why do we have to do this everyday?”

“because, it’s the only way to shows God our love and gratitude for HIM” Siwon explain to his son

“but what if I forgot to do it one night?”

“well, people made mistake. God will forgive you if asked for his forgiveness on the next day”

“but daddy, is God really exist?”

Siwon widening his eyes and shook his head slowly while looking at his son “Jaewon-ah, do you believe in GOD?”

The little boy nod slowly

“then, why are you doubting his existent?”

“It just... Last month when I sleepover at Kyunhee hyung’s house. Uncle Hankyung and Heechul said that they didn’t believe in god, that’s why I asked you that question. If God does exist, why can’t Kyunghee hyung’s parents believe in him?”

So, it was because Heechul and Hankyung hyung. Siwon said inside his head and sigh in relief

“Jaewon-ah..”He take deep breath “God does exist, is up to us wheter we want to believe in him or not. It’s people choice, some people choose to believe it and some people choose not to. It’s their freedom to choose. In Kyunghee hyung’s parents case, they choose not to believe it. So it’s their problem not us to be mingle with. In our case, we choose to believe it, and we should do whatever God want us to do because we choose to believe him, we are his people. It’s all an option”  Siwon try to explain to his son slowly “You understands now?”

The young boy just yawns after hearing his father non-stop blabbering about GOD etc. Siwon gaze softened after seeing his little boy sleepy voice.

“come on, let’s just get some sleep” he said while tugging his son body under the warm and comfy blanket

“hmm” was the only answer Jaewon gave his father

“Goodnight my son” Siwon kissed his son forehead

“Good night daddy”

[Yesung and Jongwook’s room]

“Did you have a great day dear?” a soft motherly tone heard from the other line

“ne~ we were asdfghjklmnbvcxz” said the young boy  to the other person on the line with uncertain words but a really excited tone

“Yah! You’re mother won’t understand what are you talking about if you said it like that” Yesung whose been sitting beside Jongwook the whole phone conversation time.

“why?” Jongwook asked innocently while still smiling through the phone

“speak slowly”

“why?”

“so your mother can understand”

“why?”

“Just... let me talk to your mother while you read this book” Yesung take the phone from his son’s hand and gave him a book about bugs that they just read this afternoon.

Ryeowook who’s been listening to the little bickering about son and father through the phone just chuckle “aren’t our son adorable?”he said after seeing Yesung’s little sigh over the phone

“yeah, but sometimes he just act so weird”

“well, he take it from his father”

“Yah! I’m not weird”

“ck. Says someone who talks to a freaking turtle the whole night” ryeowook said with a sarcastic tone

“hey, turtle listen very well. So there is no problem if you talk to them for the whole night”

“yeah, whatever”

“so, how’s my baby?” Yesung purposely change the subject

“which baby do you asked?” ryeowook asked in a teasing tone

“of course both you, my baby wookie and the little one inside”

“cheesy. I’m fine, no we’re fine”

“are you sure? Don’t do anything hard while I’m gone okay?”

“chill hyung, you such an overprotective bastard”

“Yah! I’m just worried about you and our baby, and I’m not a bastard, I’m your husband Kim Ryeowook”

“sorry dear husband, it’s just that you shouldn’t worry me too much. Go have fun with Jongwook there, I’ll be fine alone for a day or two. Beside the other hyungs and kibumie often came by and accompany me for a while”

“I understand, seems like our Jongwookie is really sleepy right now. He sleeps sitting with an open book in his lap”

“it must be cute sight to see. Now, put him in a proper sleep position”

“okay mommy. And you, pregnant man should also go to bed now, sleeping late won’t be good for the baby”

“I’m planning too anyway, but you called me. Anyway, have a goodnight sleep, see you tomorrow and please send my goodnights kiss to Jongwook, and I love you”

“I Love you too, bye my baby”

a/n: Heyyy everyone.. remember me? Kekekeke. Haven't been updating this story since ages, and here I am. I hope you didn't forget this story and me.  Hope you enjoy this chapter and I promise to update more often. :)))))))

Love you all. _aca