[Second Trip - It's Summer]

Daddy Days Out

Last vacation, being with only just  one child to take care of is already hard enough, so this vacation at least 3 of the daddies have to use an extra effort to handle and taking care of their kids without getting help from their partners. Taking care of children might be very easy in theory but in real life, some people might call it nightmare. 

“aren’t this gorgeous?” Kangin who just came out from his car look pleased when he saw the beautiful beach in front of them “a perfect place for vacation”

Siwon, who is now leaning against his car which stopped just right beside Kangin’s  car in front of their rented beach house also looking at the view. With a sunglasses on,  white polo shirt and beige khaki short and hair blows by the wind makes him looks like one the cover boy model. Sure, he is the father with two kids, but his good look is never going anywhere “are you sure is not too dangerous for the kids?”

“relax, kids loves beach horsie”

“but, what if they drown when they were swimming?  And what if they got carried away by the wave and got lost? And when they play on the beach, what if the sand get stuck in their eyes? The beach is too dangerous hyung”

Kangin just laugh hearing Siwon endless worries about the beach “for one tough looking guy, you really have so much concern in your mind. Relax little bro, if the sand get into your kid’s eyes just blow them until it gone, and when they swim makes sure you put them a life vest and you better watch them closely or you’ll going to lose them”

Siwon think about what Kangin said for a moment and what his hyung just said really do makes a point 

“appa! Can I play on the beach now?” Jungin, who stick out his head from the car window asked, seems like he is the only kid who just wake up from the nap that they took on the long way to the beach.

“not now Jungin-ah, we should wait for the rest of your dongsaeng, then after we had our lunch, we could play in the beach”

“okay”

“come on, help appa bring our bags to the house”

Being an obedient kid he is, he grab his own bag and follow his father trail to the beach house. 

“since we the first one who arrive, I think it’s fine for us to choose a room” Siwon, who just went in to the house and carrying sleeping jiwon in one hand while the other is holding a barely awake Jawon said in a pretty quiet tone. 

“agree. We should get the biggest rooms here” Kangin, who also carrying his little daughter smile and hurriedly choose the room.

With the help from their oldest kid, Siwon and Kangin unload their luggage from their car, when they just finished unpacking their stuff, the rest of the group arrive which also create some noises that wake both Jiwon and Youngin.

“you guys already pick the room?” Kyuhyun asked, when he see the two biggest room in the house are already occupied by his hyungs belonging

“it’s your fault you didn’t came earlier”

“fine. Fine. I’ll take the room on the back” without any question asked he goes to the room that have the best view in the house

“yah! Who said you can have that room?” Hankyung who arrive at the same time with Kyuhyun protest when he see the room that Kyuhyun’s pick

“Kangin hyung said” as the usual, the evil maknae will make the other take the blame

“Kangin-ah!” shout hankyung, try to call their ‘leader’ to solve this ‘childish’ argument

As usual, the not so patient kangin approach them with his so not happy face “what now?

“I want this room” they said in unison

“why did you give this room to this brat?”

“hyung.... you said we can take the room” kyuhyun try to give kangin his pouty face, thanks to the years he spent with his partner Sungmin, at least he know how to make that cute face

Kangin cringe, turn out Kyuhyun’s pouty face does have a different effects from sungmin’s one. “stop it, you freak me out”

“I’m older, I should take the room” now, Hankyung is playing the age card

“but hyung… I have two kids!! two kids” he emphases the number word.

“enough you two, to be fair let’s just play ‘kai bai bo’ *rock-paper-scissors* and whoever wins get this room”

having no other options, they obediently do the game and kyuhyun is out as a winner. Being the evil magnae he is, he did not forget to brag about his little victory to hankyung just to annoy him a little bit.

while the dads are unpacking their stuff, the kids are playing together. Sungkyu is very happy that Youngin and Jiwon are joining them on this trip now, as soon as she sees these two girls she shows them her bunny doll that she bring to the trip and ask them to play with her together. Although Youngin is younger than her and Jiwon doesn’t really talk that much, Sungkyu just glad she have another girls to play with during the trip. 

“appa! I’m hungry”

yesung seems a bit surprise by his son sudden statement, feeling a little bit trouble Yesung roam around looking for something that edible. 

“we bought hamburger for lunch on our way here” Siwon shows him two bag full of hamburger that located near the kitchen counter

“Kids! who wants hamburger for lunch!” Kangin calls the kids to gather, and hearing the word ‘hamburger’ all the kids gather like little ants for sugar. Kyuhyun and Hankyung who just finished unpacking gather to help set the table for the kids to eat. Once they all settle up, the dads start to help their own kids to eat.

“hyung! we should pray first before we eat” again, Jaewon is rebuking Kyunghee who just have his first bite on his hamburger

“I’m hungry, you go pray by yourself” Kyunghee answer with mouth full of food

“Appa, I can’t eat it. It’s too big” Youngin pouts cutely, 

Kangin is a bit confused for a second, but he start to slice the hamburger into little pieces after seeing Kyuhyun doing it for his little Sunghyun. Sometimes that brat do a really good job at parenting

“Siwon-ah, where is Jiwon” after counting all the kids on the table, Hankyung notice that somebody is missing

with a wide eyes and slight panic gesture, seems like the father barely notice his missing child. Siwon jumps from his seat and start looking for his little girl, not long after that he is back carrying the quite girl in his arm.

After the delightful lunch, the father and kids decide it’s a good time to play in the beach. It’s almost noon and the sun is not that high, perfect time to play at the beach. Kangin, as the  leader of the group are preparing the necessary thing for the group, umbrella, cooler, sun block, blanket even folding chair. Since Youngin is a big enough to help him to take care of his sister. On the other side, the youngest appa is busy covering his kids with a lot of sunscreen, like a lot

“we could have fried Sungkyu and Sunghyun for dinner later”

joked Kangin,

“it’s for protection hyung, don’t you put it on on your kids?”

“yeah, but not that many”

“I’m afraid they would get darker because of the sun”

Siwon and Kangin rolled their eyes, “that’s what sun do. But you will get your white skin back in a few days. Beside, nothing wrong with sun-kissed skin” kangin explain.

The group is playing to the beach, all eyes are alert for the kids whereabout. Youngin and Jiwon are making a sandcastle supervised by Kangin, while Sungkyu and Sunghyun are running after the waves with their father Kyuhyun, and Siwon is teaching Jaewon how to swim. Jungin and Kyunghee are playing frisbee beside the beach with Hangkyung and Yesung is carrying Jongwook through the water because it turn out the kid is afraid of the water. 

“Sungkyu-ah!”

she know whose voice is calling her, is losing her focus on the water and the new wave cause her to fall down and choke some water. Seeing that makes kyuhyun panic and carry her to the shore, resulting Sunghyun to be unsupervised. Lucky Siwon and Jaewon are at the same spot, so he carry the boy to the shore not forgetting to hold his son’s arm. 

“you did not forget that you bring to kids right?” Siwon clearly want to scold kyuhyun, but seeing his panic face make him threw away the will

“oh god! Sunghyun! Sungmin is going to chop me before he kill me”

“relax, he’s playing with Kangin hyung and the girls” 

“thank you hyung, I owe you”

“you better, I want most expensive meal in Seoul”

“what! but you’re rich”

“kidding kiddo, but you owe me one” siwon gave kyuhyun a friendly tap and lower himself to face Sungkyu “are you okay sungkyu-ah?”

the girl nods,”the water is really salty uncle”

he smile with the girl answer, and pinch her cheek lightly

not long after that, Eunhyuk and Dongjae are joining them and Henry is also tagging along with them. Dongjae are once again, stealing Sungkyu attention from her dad and that makes Kyuhyun little piss. After the choking incident, Kyuhyun is trying to make Sungkyu stay out of the water and suggesting that they should pick up some seashells. Dongjae are joining them after he play on the water for a little bit with Jungin and Kyunghee. Siwon and Jaewon is still on their swimming gigs, earning a lot of attention from the other female visitor curtesy of Siwon y abs and also Jaewon adorable smile. Eunhyuk who happen to be at the same spot with them treating him that he will tell Kibum about the females adorer but before he could finish his threatening sentence siwon jokingly push him to the water. Yesung is now laying in the beach chair under the big umbrella with a sleeping Jaewook. The boy did not have his nap time earlier and he start crying when Yesung brought him near the water, seems like he really scared of the ocean or the strong wave that Yesung trying to play with. From the sandcastle now the girls are trying to bury Kangin with sand, and being a good appa and uncle he did not mind that his body is cover with sand as long as the kids are happy. 

Henry, being the only single man in the group can’t wait to get the girls attention and play alone but of course papa bear Kangin is ready to ruin his plan by making him help to watch the boys. 

“but hyung… I’m on vacation”

“and you’re on vacation with us, so help us watch the kids”

Henry is pretty upset at first, but few minutes later he is playing with Jungin, Kyunghee and Sunghyun and he looks like he have the time of his life, not to mention the ladies does see him and it turn out playing with his nephew does earn him an extra point for the ladies for ‘Hot and Caring uncle’

They all play and enjoy their time until the sun is no longer shows. That’s how the dads and kids and Henry spent their first day of vacation.

 

 

*************************************************

a/n: Who miss this fic? I do!

I miss the fic, and I miss SJ boys... (and the OTPs)

do appreciate if you comment and subscribe.