Chapter 7

Majestic

WOW..... I can't believe I waited nearly half a year to update. SERIOUSLY SUPER SORRY! OTL. This was suppose to be a short summer fic....and yeah......fail on my part. T_T Anyhoo....I should be wrapping it up soon.....i only intended this fic to have 10 chapters...so hopefully i'll be able to stick with that ^____^  ONCE AGAIN...I WOULD LIKE TO THANK EVERYONE FOR THER SUPPORT. THANKS FOR BARING WITH ME ^_____^ PLEASE ENJOY* C/C PLEASE <3

- - - - - 

 

Key. Her heart stopped upon hearing that word. Just as Minho was about to grace her lips with his, Amber snapped out of her trance and turned away, "I'm sorry." 
 
Minho loosened his embrace on her and chuckled bitterly. Amber's eyes were fixed on him, anxiously awaiting his reaction. 
 
"Let me guess, there's already someone else," he said in a disappointed tone with a slight hint of annoyance. 
 
Amber sighed and nodded, "It'd be unfair for me to lead you on." 
 
"Well, he's one lucky fellow," Minho stated as the two made their way back to the edge of the pond and sat down.
 
Amber heaved a sigh as she stared out into the water, "The truth is, we're not together. Our engagement didn't even last a day. A lot of things happened these past few days, and needless to say, we didn't make it."
 
"I'm sorry," Minho looked at her with soft eyes. "It's his loss."
 
Amber forced a smile onto her face, but just the mere thought of Key seemed too painful. Minho could see through her fascade. Her eyes had a hint of sadness. He didn't know what to do. He just wanted to see her happy again. 
 
Minho nervously chuckled to try and ease the tense atmosphere, "Let me help you forget him. Give me a chance to show you the happiness you deserve. I know that our friendship can develop into something more. Won't you let it?"
 
"I'm sorry. In any other life, I wouldn't take a second thought. But my heart already belongs to him. I don't think I'll ever be able to get it back." 
 
"Well, that's not gonna keep me from trying," He replied as he picked up her hand and placed a gentle kiss on it.
 
She blushed, but before she knew it, he had pulled her into a kiss. She was in a state of shock from the mere contact of his lips on hers. The shock didn't last long as she felt herself slowly melting into the kiss. Minho smiled at the thought of her reciprocation, however Amber could feel his lips pull into a smirk amidst their kiss, bringing her back to reality. She gasped upon realizing what she had just done and pulled away from Minho. "You shouldn't have-, I shouldn't have-"
 
Amber quickly stood up, "I'm sorry. I can't do this."  
 
She quickly bowed to him before racing back to her chambers. She grabbed a set of clean clothes. She made her way to the restroom and started the water. After undressing herself from her pond soaked attire, she climbed into the tub and laid back, slowly immersing herself in the warm fluid. She leaned her head back and closed her eyes as her body released all its tension and stress into the surrounding water. 
 
She took a deep breath. What was she going to do? She was going to be engaged to Minho. But how would she forget Key? How could she? She pouted before submerging herself complete in the water. 
 
- - - - -
 
"Here, eat. I'm sure you're  starving," Onew said as he handed Key some kimbap. 
 
Key quickly grabbed them and began stuffing them into his mouth. He hadn't eaten anything all night, and missing dinner didn't help the situation any. 
 
Jonghyun sat down beside him, "Maybe you should slow down. I don't know CPR so if you start choking, you better hope that Onew can save you."
 
Key muffled a chuckle as he tried to contain the food from spilling out of his mouth. 
 
"Aren't you afraid of looking disgusting in front of the guards?" Onew asked as he pointed to the guard at the gate. 
 
Key swallowed everything in one big gulp before looking at his friend, "At first I did care, but honestly, I'm tired now and couldn't give a rat's ." 
 
"It's okay, buddy. I'm pretty they don't even associate with the guards. You have nothing to worry about," Jonghyun grinned at his friend. 
 
"Yeah, Jjongy's right. Cuz if they did, you wouldn't still be sitting out here," Onew teased.
 
Key rolled his eyes, "Whatever." 
 
Yet, he knew they were probably right. If Amber knew he was out here, she wouldn't leave him waiting, would she? Surely she wouldn't. But what if she did. What if she's still upset over what had happened that she's intentionally ignoring him. He wouldn't know, now would he? He heaved an exasperated sigh. 
 
- - - - - 
 
Amber entered her grandmother's room. The elderly woman was sitting on the sofa near the window. Amber made her way over to the sofa and sat herself beside her grandmother. Within seconds she had laid her head down in her grandmother's lap. Amber sighed. Her grandma began her long blonde hair. 
 
"What's wrong, baby?" She said softly to her granddaughter. Her voice had this warmth that always seemed to comfort Amber. Amber continued to lay in silence as she thought about everything that was going on and how helpless she felt. Tears slowly started falling as she stifled a sniffle. Her grandma began rubbing her arm, "Come on, now. Don't be like this. Tell this old woman here so she can help you." 
 
"Halmoni," Amber sobbed. "I don't know what to do." 
 
"Aww, baby. Talk to me."
 
"Why must father be so cruel. Why must he insist on me marrying Minho?"
 
"Minho isn't a bad guy. You're his friend."
 
"I know. But I don't love him."
 
"You can learn to love him. My marriage to your grandfather was arranged. I'm not saying that it's easy, but you'll learn to love him.
 
"But how am I suppose to forget Key." 
 
"Who's Key?"
 
"The boy that keeps plaguing my mind. I can't stop thinking about him, and worrying about him, and wondering if he's happy or not. Every thought keeps coming back to him. I honestly want him to be happy. I want to know that he's okay, that he's fine without me. I wish I could say that I'm fine without him, but who am I kidding. It's clear that I'm a mess without him. Why must I be so pathetic? 
 
"OMO! Is that the boy that has been sitting outside the palace all day and night?"
 
"BWOH! What are you talking about?!"
 
"I heard from one of the servants that he's been sitting outside the palace gates, begging to meet you. I thought he was just some crazy psycho stalker or something. But if he is this Key boy you're talking about then I approve. Anyone who has the persistence and perserverence  to wait for their love is good in my eye. 
 
"Halmoni..." 
 
"What are you waiting for? It's clear that you're crazy about him. Go get him!"
 
"But-, but-, what about father?" 
 
"No worries, honey. Your halmoni has it handled," the old woman winked at Amber before pushing her out the door. 
 
The moment Amber realized what her grandmother had just implied, a smile beamed across her face as she started on a sprint for the front gates. Her heart was racing, but even more so, her mind was anxiously leaping from one thought to the next. She had no clue what she was going to say or even do. She just knew that she couldn't wait to see Key. 
 
- - - - -
 
Key heard the gates open and perked his head up and over to where the commotion was coming from. He saw the guards bow as he quickly jumped to his feet. A hopeful smile appeared on his face as he waited for them to step through the doors. 
 
The smile quickly turned into a frown upon seeing the emergence of a man. He was quite tall and had a fairly built stature. From the clothes he was wearing, Key could only assume that he was royalty.  He approached Key. 
 
"Are you waiting on the princess?" the man asked Key as his eyes scanned him up and down, examining every aspect of the boy. 
 
Key furrowed his brow, "Yeah, who's asking?" 
 
A smug smile appeared on his lips as he slightly chuckled under his breath, "The names Choi Minho. I want to talk to you in private. 
 
- - - - -
This chapter wasn't very long either....i had this written awhile back.....but i wanted to wait until i could add more....after 6 months....yeah...i decided to go ahead and post it bahaha. SORRY! PLEASE LEAVE A COMMENT! ^_____^