Chapter 5

Majestic

Hi guys! I apologize for not updating in awhile =P Anyhoo.....i hope you like the update. 5 more chapters left ^__^ 

- - - - - 

 

It was 7 AM when Key walked into the a apartment. He was angry, upset, but most of all he was hurt. He needed to vent. He started unleashing his raw emotions on everything around him. He tossed things against the walls, knocked over the furniture, and eventually slammed his fists against the table. He yelled in frustration.
 
Jonghyun came out of the bathroom.  "Dude. Calm down. What's wrong?"
 
Key pointed an accusing finger at him and said, "Don't even start with me!" 
 
"I really am sorry about last night. I was drunk off my and didn't know what I was doing. You have to believe me!" Jonghyun replied with much remorse. 
 
"He's not lying. The kid wouldn't stop talking about how bad he felt last night." Onew added as he trudged out of his bedroom still partially asleep. 
 
"I guess when I saw her in the bathroom, my hormones got the best of me." 
 
"Whatever man. I don't care anymore," Key stated as he went and grabbed the bottle of vodka from the kitchen. He opened it and started downing it like it was water. Onew's and Jonghyun's eyes widened in horror as they grabbed it from him. 
 
"What the hell is wrong with you?! It's seven in the morning!" Onew exclaimed.
 
Key glared at him, "Since when does it matter what time of day it is?!" 
 
Key walked over to the shelf and grabbed the bottle of tequila. No different from the vodka, he drank it like it was nothing. Onew and Jonghyun looked at each other not knowing how to respond. When Jonghyun was about to go grab the tequila from Key, Onew shook his head signaling him to just leave him be. The two stood there and just watched their friend. After a few minutes Key placed the bottle on the counter and walked outside. With everything he had, he yelled to his heart's content. However, this did nothing to appease his embittered soul.
 
"Why?! Why did she have to lie?!"
 
"Give yourself a break. No one knew she was a girl. Believe me. We were shocked." 
 
Key scoffed at his two friend. "I wish it were that simple."
 
They looked at Key in confusion.  He walked back inside and flippd on the television.
 
"I'm sure it's all over the news." His voice was filled with disdain. 
 
The news showed a scene of Amber and Key walking back to the dorms and Key punching a man and running away with Amber. The newcaster went on to say that it seemed their princess had been getting to know her people on a much CLOSER level. Last nights incident began to flood his mind. 
 
- - - - -
 
As the two were walking back to Amber's dorm, Key pulled her closer to him, "Are you sure you're okay?" 
 
"Yeah. I'm fine. He was drunk. He didn't know what he was doing."
 
"But the doesn't give him the right to do that. It's inexcusable!"
 
"Key, he's still your friend," Amber said as she rubbed his arm trying to calm him down.
 
He spoke through gritted teeth."My friend wouldn't harass my fiancee." 
 
"Let's just say it was a lapse of judgement and forget this whole ordeal. I don't want my special night to end on a bad note." Amber stated looking at her gleaming ring and smiling. 
 
When they almost reached her building, Key had a strange feeling come over him, as if someone was following them. He then noticed clicking sounds. His eyes scanned the perimeter for any unusual activity. He eventually saw several guys hovering in the bushes snapping pics and recording them.  
 
"Who the hell are you and what are you doing?!" Key said as he approached them.
 
They emerged from the shrubs because there was no point in hiding. Amber alarmingly pulled Key by the arm, "Let's just go." 
 
The guys started to surround Amber and bombard her with questions.  
 
"Princess, is this your version of community service?"
 
"Who is this man?"
 
"Are you the next Marie Antoinette?" 
 
Key saw that Amber was overwhelmed. He socked one of the reporters and pulled Amber out of the mess. They just started running hoping that those people wouldn't catch up. When they reached the main campus center, Key let go of Amber's hand and faced her. "What the hell was that? What's going on, Jo?" 
 
"Key, I-- I can explain"
 
"Why were they calling you 'princess'? Is that just a term of-" 
 
"Because I am."
 
Key was speechless. He opened his mouth to say something, but nothing came out. He knew that she had her secrets but he never imagined it to this extent. His voice began to rise along with his climbing anger. "What else are you hiding?! Is Jo even your name?!" 
 
"It's Amber Josephine."  Key let out a scoff in disbelief.
 
"You lied to me! You pretended to be something you're not!"
 
"I didn't lie to you. I just didn't want to be Princess Amber Josephine anymore. I needed to get away from all that, and the only way I could do that was fool everyone into thinking I was a boy."
 
Key clenched his fist at his side as his voice trembled.
 
"Well, you fooled me." A bitter chuckle slipped from his lips, "I fell for it--, for you."  
 
Key turned and started running. He needed to  get away. 
 
- - - - -
 
"Jo is our princess? But I thought our princess was Amber Joseph-- oh..." Onew said as he made the connection. 
 
"Wait, so I harassed a princess! !" exclaimed Jonghyun.
 
 - - - - - 
 
"Dont you think it's time to go back now."
 
"Unnie, I can't yet. I need to speak to Key first. We can leave as soon as I get a chance to talk to him." 
 
"After everything that has happened, do you still think that's a good idea? You said he was pretty angry."
 
"It's fine if he is. He has every right to be. I don't know what I was thinking. Why was I foolish enough to think this plan would work? I should've obeyed my parents from the beginning. Then, I wouldn't have to see him hurt because of me."
 
 - - - - - 
 
The hallways were filled with reporters, all trying to peek into the classroom and get any bit of the princess as possible. Amber was use to this attention. It wasn't the reporters that bothered her. What bothered her was the fact that she and Key were in the same class, but not once did he look at her. Even though they were only a few feet apart, the distance felt much greater. As soon as class let out she chased after Key who had quickly made his way out of there. When she reached him she pulled him aside and into the stairwell before the reporters could see. But before she could even say anything, he started walking down the steps. 
 
"Key! You can't keep ignoring me. I know that I deceived you and I know you're angry with me. You have every right to be. But please hear me out."
 
Keys stopped in his tracks and waited for her to continue. 
 
"I'm so sorry for hurting you. You probably don't want anything to do with me. And i know that you won't believe anything I say because you think I'm just pretending. But I have to say it anyways. I don't care if you don't believe me, but I know what my heart is telling me. All the feelings I've shared with you this past year are real. They always have been."
 
Key was silent.
 
"I know you've always dreamed of being an amazing doctor and saving peoples lives. And I'm positive you'll succeed. I never expected you to suddenly change your life and I wouldn't want you to. So let me do you and I a favor and stop this foolish games we're playing."
 
Her hands shook as she slipped the ring off her finger, stepped toward him, and picked up one of his hands. She placed it in the palm of his hand, forced it close and ran off before he could see a single tear drop.
 
Key looked at what was in his hand and then stuffed it deep into his pockets. He made his way back to his place and sat himself down at the dining table. He pulled out the ring and started examining it. He wasn't looking at anything in particular but he couldnt stop looking at it.
 
Onew sat down at the table and looked at him with concerning eyes. "Wanna talk about it?" 
 
"No." 
 
"Are you sure? I'm pretty sure you holding your fiancee's engagement ring isnt a good sign."
 
"Positive." 
 
"Do you really think sulking is going to help?"
 
"Yes." 
 
Even if Key didn't believe that, he wasn't about to let Onew know it. 
 
"How about we hook up with some chicks tonight?" Jonghyun said as he came out of his room. 
 
"Is that your solution to everything? Aren't you tired of all that? Do you really want to go on living the rest of your life waking up with some random girl every morning. Is that really what you want? I mean, if you were given the chance to fall in love, wouldn't you take it? Even if it didn't make any sense and you had absolutely no idea what you were doing. I mean, who said you couldn't fall in love with a princess? It happens, right? If those two people were in love and there's no way of denying it, you'd want them to be together right?!"
 
Jonghyun was a bit taken back by Key's sudden outburst. "Dude, I was just kidding."
 
"Looks like someone finally decided to come to terms with their feelings" Onew teased the younger one.
 
Key was embarrassed so he tried to cover it up. "I mean, umm. Sure let's get with some girls tonight" 
 
Jonghyun laughed, "you don't have to pretend anymore mr. iwasoutlatewithagirlbutinrealityiwaspullinganallnighterformidterms"
 
"What are you talking about?" 
 
Onew chuckled at his friend, "We know you're not the playboy you make yourself out to be. We've seen you studying at the library late at night when you were supposedly with a girl."
 
"And we know you volunteer at the clinic near campus." Jonghyun added.
 
"Oh and by the way, you got an acceptance letter from the medical school. Why didn't you just tell us?"
 
"What?! I got in? How could i tell you if i didn't know." 
 
Jonghyun just shook his head, "No, we mean why were you hiding the fact that you excelled academically and were into all this."
 
"I dunno." Key replied with a shrug.  
 
Onew decided to change the topic, "So back to the more serious topic, what are you going to do about the whole Jo situation?" 
 
"What should I do?"
 
- - - - -
Please commen!!!!