Chapter 6

Majestic

Hi guys! I know that it's been ages....xD I really do apologize. I actually had this chapter done several days ago....but my ipod died and my sister took my charger with her out of town so I had to wait until she got back to get the chapter off of there xP Anyhoo....enjoy! ^___^ 

- - - - - 

 

"You've disgraced the family name!" her father shouted furiously.
 
Her mother added with much disappointment, "I went through all that trouble to convince your father to let you do this and this is the kind of daughter you become?"
 
Amber felt horrible. She sat and obediently took in everything they had to say.
 
"How can you be so careless," her father continued to rant. "We finally give you the freedom that you've been begging for and you choose to go out and create scandals?"
 
"Father, it's not like that. I-"
 
Her father interrupted her before she even had a chance to explain herself. "I've got this under control. This will be yesterday's new in no time. I've decided to announce your engagement."
 
Amber was shocked. How did they find out about her engagement to Key? Did Nicole tell them? What has she done?! Key's life was going to be ruined. He'll constantly be pestered by the paparazzi and reporters. What if he's unable to have a normal life? What if he's unable to study? What if his chances of getting into med school were thwarted because of her. She couldn't let that happen.
 
"Your highness," a servant entered the room and bowed to the  family. "The Choi family have arrived."
 
"Oh good. Send them in."
 
Amber was still determined to stop her father from announcing her engagement. She couldn't do that to Key. "Father, we can't announce-"
 
"Perfect timing!" her father said as he greeted his friend with a hug.
 
The Choi family bowed to them as they entered. Minho glanced over to Amber and gave her a gentle smile. She quickly forced a smile back to him hoping that it hid any discontent she was feeling. 
 
 "I was just telling the princess here, how great Minho is and anyone fortunate enough to marry him should consider themselves lucky."
 
Amber's eyes widen with surprise as her jaw dropped. The shock she felt was ten times greater than that of the previous misunderstanding. However, contrary to her reaction she couldn't really say that she was completely caught off guard. She had always known this was coming. It was part of the reason why she wanted to get out and experience life before she was tied down. She just hadn't expected to meet Key in the process. He changed everything.
 
"Sweetie, how about you show Minho around the palace while I catch up with my old friends. I'm sure you guys have some catching up to do yourselves."
 
Amber wanted to object. She opened but ended up closing it again when nothing came out. She just nodded and obediently followed his orders. The two headed out to the courtyard. Silence filled the air as they walked side by side. 
 
Minho was the first to speak, "It's been a long time, hasn't it?"
 
"Ne" Amber replied with a nod. It really had been a long time.  The years have certainly worked in his favor. "You've grown quite handsome, Minho-sshi" 
 
"Now, now. You know I've never liked the formalities. Am I no longer your oppa? Have you forgotten me?" he asked with his head cocked to the side and a grin on his face.
 
"Mianhae, you still are. And of course I haven't forgotten you. That would be a rather ridiculous thing to do, wouldn't you agree?" Amber said with a warm smile as she was beginning to remember the good ol' days.
 
His father was one of her father's closest friends, so she use to play with Minho often when they were younger. They could even consider themselves good friends. At one point in her early teenage years, she actually had a crush on him, but he had to move when his father was transferred overseas. Her feelings for him dissipated soon after.
 
"You're no longer the dorky little girl I use to give piggy back rides to," he causing her to look away to avoid embarrassment. He looked her up and down and his tone suddenly became serious, "but all joking aside, you really have grown into a beautiful woman."
 
Amber's attention shifted from the ground back to his face, only to be met with his intense gaze. She could feel the blood rush to her cheeks as she tried to think of something to say. She stumbled on her thoughts before deciding to hastily break away from the moment. She made her way to the edge of pond, slipped off her shoes, and sat down. Her toes grazed the surface of the water creating little ripples. Minho followed in her footsteps and quickly seated himself beside her. 
 
"So, have you been well?" Amber asked while looking out at the pretty flowers floating on the surface of the water.
 
"Ne." Minho replied as he watched her. "What about you? How has the little princess been? Surely staying out of trouble without her oppa around, right?" 
 
Amber's lips curved into a little smirk as she just shrugged. She started kicking her feet lightly in the water creating little waves. Minho thought he'd impressing her by creating a huge wave, but he ended up kicking too hard and making a mess instead.
 
"Yah! Oppa! You're getting water all over me!" Amber pouted. 
 
He delighted in the fact that she said 'oppa'. He dipped his hands into the water and splashed her with it. "What are you going to do about it?" 
 
Amber pretended to throw a fit by crossing her arms and turning her back to him. Minho's smirk quickly faded when he saw her reaction. He placed his hand on her shoulder, but she just shrugged it off. 
 
"I didn't mean to upset you," he stated trying to peer around to see her face. 
 
Right when he was about a foot away from her, she reached into the water and attacked him with a splash. He just stared at her, wide-eyed and speechless. When he saw her devious grin, he burst into laughter. "You did not just-"
 
"Oh, yes I did!" Amber interrupted him and stuck her tongue out. 
 
"We'll see who comes out the victor," he confidently stated. 
 
The two began to splash and kick water all over each other. Minho laughed as he watched Amber try to wipe herself off inbetween her laughter and screams. He continued splashing more water on her so she promptly jumped to her feet to make a getaway. However, before she knew it, she had lost balance and fell into the water.
 
Minho jumped into the pond just as swiftly as Amber fell. He grabbed the frantic girl and pulled her up towards him as she gasped for air. It was amazing to see the two still laughing amidst the situation. 
 
Minho sighed as his laughter disappeared and he found himself staring at her yet again. He was so captivated by her. He managed to speak even in his state of awe, "Are you okay?"
 
Amber stopped laughing when she heard his soft words. She looked up at him and was greeted with his concerning eyes. Something about his eyes were so gentle, caring, and alluring. She found herself being drawn in as she just stared silently into his soul.
 
Minho closed the space between them as he leaned in. His hand reached up and caressed her cheek. "I should consider myself the one that's lucky." 
 
- - - - -
 
"It's getting late. Maybe you should go home now," Onew tried to persuade his friend.
 
Key glared at him, "I'm not leaving until I see her."
 
"Dude, it's not like they'd just let you waltz in there and speak to her," Jonghyun said trying to knock some sense into his friend.
 
"He's right, you know," Onew added as he placed a hand on Key's shoulder.
 
"Exactly. Which is why I'm going to stand out here and wait until she comes out and sees me" Key insisted, hoping his friend would just respect his decision. "She's bound to leave the palace, right?"
 
Jonghyun and Onew gave each other an uncertain glance before turning back to their friend and nodding to him with a weak smile. They knew that Key wasn't an idiot, and just wanted the reassurance of his friends, that maybe he wasn't delusional in doing this.
 
"So, have you thought about what you'll say when you see her?" Onew asked curiously. 
 
Key chuckled, "No. Right now, I just want to see her. That's my number one priority. And when that does happen, I'm hoping that whatever I need to say will just come to me."
 
"Sounds like a plan," Jonghyun grinned at his friend. 
 
"Let's just hope I don't do anything stupid in the meantime." 
 
"Um-, yeah. I think you've already passed that point," Onew chuckled referring to the fact that they've been sitting outside the palace for hours, knowing the likelihood of them seeing the princess was slim to none.
 
Key just rolled his eyes, knowing that his friend was right. 
 
"We'll we're going to head back to the apartment. Unlike you, we still have classes to attend tomorrow, " Jonghyun said as he gave his friend a quick firm hug before getting in the car.
 
"Call us if you need anything," Onew waved as he climbed into the vehicle. 
 
Key watched as his friends disappeared into the horizon. He walked himself over to the gates that surrounded the palace and seated himself against the wall. He looked over at the guards who had not moved an inch since he'd been there and let out an exasperated sigh. This was going to be a long night. 
 
- - - - -
Yeah...sorry this chapter is shorter than the others xD And I hope you'll leave comments!! please and thank you =]