Chapter 1

Majestic

 

Hey guys! Here's the first chapter....hopefully it's okay...i haven't really developed the storyline yet....just winging it hahaha* xP Please support and subscribe! 
 
- - - - -
 
"Are you sure about this Princess?" asked Nicole as the two stepped into the raggedy old dormitory room. "Its not too late to go back and pretend this never happened."
 
Amber looked around the minute space they were assigned and took a deep breath, "It's not that bad. I mean, look, there's still more to the room." 
 
She smiled and walked towards the sliding doors. The doors were old and she had to do a little tugging and pulling, but she did manage to slide them open. Nicole bursts into laughter when she saw what was in front of Amber, a tiny space filled with little shelves. "Last chance, Princess!"
 
Amber frowned at the sight of the closet. As tempting as returning home sounded, her mind had been resolved. She needed to experience what life had to offer and that was not going to happened locked up in the palace. She sat down on the nearest bed and looked at herself in the  mirror that was attached to the back of the dorm room door. She could feel her frustrations ready to explode. Her eyes began to well up as her voice tremble. "Unnie, I don't even know what I'm doing. This is insane! I just know-- I just know that I NEED this."
 
Nicole walked up to Amber from behind and gently Amber's long blonde hair. She looked Amber in the eye from the reflection in the mirror and confidently said, "I believe in you. I'll support you no matter what." 
 
She then placed her hands on Amber's shoulder. "So, how about we find you a better disguise, Princess. I don't think a baseball cap and dust mask are going to cut it."
 
Amber chuckled. "You're right. I wouldn't want anyone finding out about me."
 
- - - - - 
 
"How about this one?" Nicole asked as she handed Amber a blonde wig. 
 
"Unnie, its so short," Amber whined.
 
"Try it on, anyways!" 
 
Amber pouted as she grabbed the wig from Nicole and placed it on her head. She looked into the mirror and gasped. "Oh my god! I look like a boy!"
 
Nicole's eyes lit up  and her lips curved into a smirk when she saw what Amber looked like. "This is perfect!"
 
"What do you mean by perfect? Did you not hear me? This is absurd! I look like a boy!" Amber exclaimed.
 
"Princess, calm down. Just think about it. If you were a boy, no one would ever suspect that you were a girl, let alone a princess."
 
"Hmmm. You're right. Unnie, you might actually be onto something."
 
"Of course. It's me you're talking about here," Nicole said as she crossed her arm and tilted her head towards the sky, all high and mighty. 
 
"Yeah, yeah. So now that I have my disguise sorted out, what am I going to do next? What does a 'normal' girl...or should i say boy do?" 
 
"I have absolutely no idea, sweetie. I didn't really have a 'normal' life either. I worked for your family, remember."
 
"Unnie, you're brilliant! That's what I'm going to do. I shall find myself a job!" Amber proclaimed with a grin on her face. "But we can worry about that later. Let's go out tonight. I want to have fun! And I don't mean playing games. I want to go to those places where all the youths our age are always getting into trouble. What are they called-- clubs?"
 
- - - - -
 
The club was packed, music blaring, people dancing. Three guys entered the club. The one in the center had his arms buckled around the two others' neck. They made their way through the crowd and sat down at a table. 
 
"I'm gonna go grab us some beers," Jonghyun said to Key and Onew. The two gave him a nod in approval.
 
When he got back, Key took a drink and glanced around the club, scoping out any possible targets. 
 
"Check out the girls over there." Jonghyun notioned his head towards the bar.
 
"Damn...they are fine!" Key exclaimed looking them. "Especially that girl talking to that guy."
 
"How the heck does a guy like that get so many hot girls?" Onew whined. "He's so freaking scrawny."
 
Key noticed the group of girls walking toward the restroom and smirked. "How about I go find out?"
 
Key made his way over to the bar and got next to the guy. He motioned to the bartender, "Can I get a beer?"
 
The bartender popped the cap off and handed it to Key. He took a sip and leaned against the counter. He cocked his head to the side and proceeded to start a conversation with the guy. "How do you do it? What's your secret?" 
 
"Hmmm?" Amber was confused by the random guy talking to her. Her secret? Shoot! Did her disguise not work?! "What--" She cleared and tried her best to sound manly, "What do you mean?" 
 
"I mean, how are you getting all those girls? They're smoking hot. And no offense man, kinda out of your league." 
 
Amber choked on  the cosmo she had been sipping on and started coughing. Was this guy serious? Where were his manners? How can he talk about women that way? It's degrading. Key was startled by the Amber's reaction. He started to pat her back. "Dude, you okay?"
 
The moment his hand touched her back, he felt a sudden shock. Amber felt it, too. It wasn't the typical shock you get from too much static. It was something more, something exquisite.  He ignored it and continued to pat her until she quit coughing. Key looked at the drink that Amber had been drinking. Why was 'he' drinking such a girly drink? How many guys drink cosmopolitans? He studied her face as she was wiping her lips with a napkin. She looked like a guy, but at the same time her features were delicately feminine. Something about her was captivating. He couldn't stop staring at her. Amber cleared to snap him out of his trance. His excessive staring made her uncomfortable. Key jumped back to reality. He shook off the feeling and took a sip of his beer. Wait, was the guy gay? Is that the reason why all those girls were around 'him', and why 'he' seemed so dainty. 
 
"So, uh, be honest? Are you, like, gay or something?" He asked with one eyebrow arched showing an interest in knowing the answer. "I mean, it's cool if you are." 
 
Amber was shocked by the question. How preposterous? This guy was unbelievable. Amber found his candidness to be repugnant. If he were in the presence of her family, he would be punished. She was so upset that she ended up yelling at him in her normal voice. "No! Why would you think of such atrocities?"
 
Key was taken back by her sudden outburst. He raised both hands in a surrender showing that he meant no harm, "I'm sorry. I didn't mean to offend you. Dude, I was just curious.  Here, let me get you a drink. It's on me." 
 
She felt bad for yelling at him. Her mother would disapprove of her behavior. It wasn't very lady-like. She then remembered that she was suppose to be pretending to be a guy. "Uh, no. Its fine. I shall be leaving now."
 
"Wait, what's your name? I'll make it up to you? We can go grab a beer later or something." 
 
"It's Amber Joseph--" Amber stated, but was interrupted by Nicole who appeared out of the blue. "It's Joseph! HIS name is Joseph."
 
Nicole went up and grabbed Amber by the hand and started pulling her away. "Let's go, sweetie." 
 
Amber followed obediently leaving Key standing at the bar with a confused look on his face. When the two girls were outside, Nicole stopped and looked at Amber. "Princess, you must be more careful!" 
 
"What do you mean, unnie?" Amber asked innocently, not even aware of her actions. 
 
"You nearly gave away your identity back there."
 
Amber gasped and clasped her hand over . "You're right! Oh my god. How could I be so careless?"
 
"It's okay, sweetie. Let's just try to be more mindful. So, from now on, you will be Joseph. Not Amber. Not Josephine. Joseph."
 
"That's not a very pretty name, unnie. Might I suggest the name Jo? It at least sounds like a guy's and girl's name."
 
Nicole chuckled. "All right. Jo it is. Time to get you home, Jo." 
 
Amber smiled knowing that Nicole agreed. They hailed for a cab and headed back to the dorms.
 
- - - - -
 
"Dude, what happened?" Jonghyun said as he punched Key in the arm. "You look so lost right now." 
 
"I don't even know, man. I was talking to that guy and then I think I offended him or something. And then this girl randomly showed up and pulled him away. If I had to guess, the girl was his girlfriend? Aish, I don't know. That was a rather weird moment." 
 
"Whatever. Just admit it, bro. He didn't let you in on his secret. And now he's going home to tap that," Onew declared with a smirk.
 
"I envy him. That girl was hot," Jonghyun added. "But, whatever. The nights still young and there are plenty of fish in the sea. Let's have some fun."
 
The guys made their way to the dance floor.
 
- - - - -
Sorry I made the boys so y hahahaha* =P Anyhoo...Hope you liked the first chapter. Please leave a comment! ^__^