Then Came You

Then Came You

 

 

Then Came You

Chapter 6

 

When Yong woke up, it was already morning. He slept on the couch in Hyun’s room after Hyun drifted to sleep last night.

He scratchily opened his eyes and welcomed the bright rays of the sun into the room since the curtains are already pulled aside.

“I slept.” Yong thought to himself wondering why he had slept. Angels don’t sleep.

But then… he’s a fallen angel now.

The fall and transformation may have altered something in his body that causes it to adopt the normal cycle of a human’s body.

“But my wings are still intact my body.” He wondered… “but I also get tired too, unlike before.”

“There should have been books about these things back in the HEAVENS before…”

He sat up and saw Hyun coming out of her closet looking fresh and beautiful.

She was wearing a blue skirt and a white blouse on. She also tied her hair in a pony tail.

He smiled to himself thinking how human boys are attracted to girls wearing a pony tail.

…and apparently, it applies to angels too since he found Hyun looking very attractive today.

She smiled at him and it made his heart skip a beat; just like it has been since yesterday.

“Oh you’re awake! I asked Mr. Park to bring food in here. I was waiting for you to wake up. Food’s in the small table next to you. I also asked him to buy you clothes… I really did not know what angels wore so I just asked Mr. Park to buy normal guy stuffs.” Hyun said while she went to the whole body mirror in the corner of her room.

Yong’s eyes followed her every move until she noticed it…

“Is something wrong?” She finally asked.

Yong quickly looked at his food and said… “Uhm.. I was just wondering where you’re going?”

She slightly laughed to herself, looking at him through the reflection of the mirror, she said…

“I’m going out.”

Yong obviously gave out a surprised look that made Hyun laugh even more.

He tilted his head on one side one his brows nearly reached each other and then he asked…

“I thought you don’t go out.”

“You’ll see.” She replied.

“Oh so I’m going out too.” He thought to himself and proceeded with his breakfast.

When Hyun finished, she sat in front of Yong and watched him eat his breakfast.

“Have you eaten?” He asked when he noticed that Hyun wasn’t doing anything besides observing him while smiling.

Hyun nodded at his question and remained staring at him.

“Is something wrong?” He asked once again.

“I just remembered what you said last night… about the different foods we have here and in the HEAVENS… I did not know what food you’d like or probably eat… but apparently, you don’t choose the kind of food you eat…” She explained still smiling.

“We’ve been taught that food is grace. Whatever it is or no matter how it tastes, if it’s food… it’s a blessing. Oh by the way, what is this?”

“Oh that? That’s a bacon.” Hyun replied, still smiling. She then pointed the egg and told Yong what it is.

“You said last night about guardian angels being soul mate with their human…” Hyun started to say…

This was a sensitive topic for Yong too since he doesn’t have a soul mate, as the higher ranks told him. He also did not know who Hyun’s guardian was…

“Do you know who my guardian angel is?” Hyun asked.

Yong stopped drinking his juice and placed it on the table. He looked at Hyun and said…

“I don’t. I’m sorry.”

Hyun did not realize that she stopped breathing when she waited for Yong to answer her about her soul mate.

She did not know why but somehow… meeting her soul mate meant a lot to her too. Her prince… her one true love as what her mom always told her before at night.

“One day Hyun… your prince will come in our mansion and will sweep you off your feet.”

Hyun remembered how her mom used to tell her that.

Little did Hyun know how complicated it was to involve yourself into something that requires all your strength and faith to the one you truly love…

Yong noticed her reaction and said… “You sounded relieved that I don’t know who your guardian is.”

“Actually… I am. I wouldn’t know what to do if I’d know too. Oh by the way… if every human has a guardian with them… won’t you see them? I mean you’re an angel too right? Or was an angel…”

“Honestly… I have a lot of questions myself. It’s my first time becoming a fallen angel… that is… I don’t know how this usually goes.”

“The HEAVENS is such an interesting place.” Hyun noted.

“Maybe in time… it’ll reveal itself to you.” She told Yong.

---

After Yong finished his breakfast and comically took a shower using soap as shampoo… he finally finished preparing.

When he came out of Hyun’s closet… he looked pretty much like a normal human being.

And a handsome one too.

Hyun stood up and smiled at him. For a few seconds they stared at each other not saying anything.

“You look… normal.” Hyun said.

Yong awkwardly scratched his head, feeling embarrassed while Hyun looked at him.

---

When they finally left the room quietly, they went to the servant’s entrance down the hall. Hyun did not like to be seen walking out with Yong through the main door.

It was too risky since her unnie can go home from all her partying anytime in the mansion.

They started walking to the garden near the woods. Hyun walked calmly in front and every time she sees a flower, she paused to appreciate each.

Yong simply followed behind her and observed her every action.

The entire property of Hyun’s dad extended to ends that you can’t even see. It’s an estate; the largest one in the country.

One has to ride a car or a form of vehicle from its gates to the mansion.

The mansion was huge. Behind the mansion was a river-like pool that heads to another lake-like pool on the end. There were structural designs in it too.

There are also walls that were concealed with great vines…and if you’re curios enough, you’ll learn that behind those walls is another world… a secret garden.

There were also woods on the other part of the estate… it was where Hyun found Yong laying last night.

Hyun brought Yong to the woods where she always wanders around. Yong realized that Hyun’s form of going out was different from what he observed from the HEAVENS.

When Yong finally noticed that Hyun stopped walking, he saw a well in front of her.

She looked back at him with the same pure smile on her face.

“Yong…” she called out and Yong went to her.

She held out a coin in front of his face and said… “My mom said that if you throw a coin in here and make a wish, it will come true.”

Yong smiled at her child-likeness and said… “Your mom’s pretty awesome huh.”

She looked at him and then looked down at the well, she closed her eyes for a minute then threw the coin to the well.

They were silent for a few minutes and only the small sound of the coin reaching the end of the well reverberated.

“So what do you do next after wishing here?” Yong asked.

 “I’m going to show you something.” She replied.

Hyun walked back away from him like she knew every single thing in the woods.

“Hey… you should be careful, the hanging woods in there are huge and it looks like it’s going to-”

But before Yong could finish, a loud cracking sound came and before they knew it, one of the woods gave up and was quickly falling down on Hyun.

Hyun wasn’t able to decipher what was happening. All she knew was the a large wood was falling down on her.

Yong quickly flew towards Hyun and got her away from the falling wood just in time for it to reach her.

A flight of birds flew out of the woods and after a while, it was all silent once again.

Only Yong and Hyun’s heavy breathing were audible.

Hyun lay on top of Yong when she realized that she was alive. She sat up on top of him and saw that Yong wasn;t moving.

“Yong?? Yong??” She tried to stand up.

“Ohmy… Yong? Are you ok??” she asked again when she saw that Yong was still closing his eyes.

Then she heard a grunt from him and she let out a huge sigh. She was still sitting on top of him when Yong opened his eyes… smiling at her.

“Were you worried?” Yong asked Hyun, smiling teasingly at her.

He sat up and Hyun’s face was just above his.

She tried to move back but his hands caught her closer.

She was blushing furiously and said… “You’re teasing me.”

He let go of her and she stood up from him while he leaned back and supported himself with his hands again. He looked up at Hyun who was trying to avoid eye contact with him.

And then Hyun said… “Thanks.”… still trying to avoid eye contact.

Yong stood up and stared at Hyun… “Now. What were you going to show me?”

 

END of Chapter 6

A/N: As promised, here's my second update :DD I hope you leave comments about this chapter or the story itself and subscribe too if you haven't. THANKS!!