Then Came You

Then Came You

 

 

Then Came You

Chapter 3

 

“Miss Hyun?” both Hyun and Yong heard the middle aged man called Hyun while looking at the topless man sitting beside his Lady.

“Mr. Park… uhmm…” Hyun abruptly stood up and went to close her door while Mr. Park stood motionless near the door with inquiring eyes.

“Miss Hyun, I – I don’t understand what’s happening here but I hope you know that your father does not allow want people he does not know of inside the mansion…” he paused and directed his eyes to Yong and continued… “more so a man inside your room my Lady.”

“No… no… it’s not like that Mr. Park.” Hyun started to say as Yong simply sat cautiously in Hyun’s bed while the middle-aged man stared back at him.

Hyun went and took Mr. Park’s arms and said… “Mr. Park, please don’t tell this to anyone. I can explain.”

Mr. Park looked at Hyun with her pleading eyes. He has been the one who looked after Hyun ever since she was a baby. He is almost like a father to her, especially when Hyun’s mom died and Hyun’s father left abroad for their business, alongside with Hyun’s new step mother.

He cleared his throat and said, “Okay My Lady, I’m waiting for you explanation. Who is this young man you’re …” he cleared his throat again and continued… “who’s sitting topless on your bed.”

Hyun blushed and realized how it must have looked like earlier when Mr. Park burst into the room.

“Mr. Park, he’s a friend of mine. He has cuts in his back and I’m trying to mend it.”

“I did not notice him enter the mansion Miss Hyun. He should stay in our guest room, not in your room.”

Hyun remembered what Yong asked about not telling anyone that he’s here and so she said…

“Uhmm. Mr. Park, I don’t want anyone else to know that my friend’s here. You see, he left his home and he just wants, I mean, needs time to think about things. That’s why I told him he can stay here.”

“Miss Hyun, with all do respect. I know everyone in your class and in your campus. I do background checks about you, just like what your father ordered. But I don’t remember that you know someone who looks like him.” He said and looked at Yong again.

“Mr. Park, please. For the first time in my life, I’m going to do this. Please I ask you, please help me keep this a secret??”

Mr. Park closed his eyes and thought “Hyun has always been close to his heart and seeing her like this, how can he say no?” And so he said…

“Of course Miss Hyun.”

Hyun jumped happily and gave Mr. Park a hug and said “Oh thank you so much Mr. Park!” she then went back to Yong and continued with her task.

Mr. Park remained inside the room for a few minutes and finally, Hyun asked…

“Uhm.. Mr. Park? Do you still need to tell me anything?”

“Yes Miss Hyun. That’s what I originally came here for.” He cleared his throat for the third time, trying to get Hyun’s attention as he continued to mend Yong’s wounds while Yong on the other hand, remained silent for the whole time.

“Your elder sister is home.”

Hyun paused and looked at Mr. Park with wide eyes. “U – unnie is home? Since when?”

Hyun asked and made her hands into a fist and closed it tighter till her knuckles turned white. She stopped mending Yong’s cuts and looked down to her now white knuckles.

Hyun never really liked her elder step-sister. She never liked her that much either.

Ever since her mom and Hyun’s dad got married, they soon turned into rags to riches kind of people.

And ever since then, her unnie hasn’t stopped partying; she was barely home and if ever she’s home, all she does is remind Hyun that she is the elder one and Hyun; as the younger one or maknae, should treat her with respect.

Even if she doesn’t respect Hyun herself and all she does is try to take everything away from Hyun; including Hyun’s dad and the employees in the mansion who loves Hyun dearly.

Hyun bit her lip trying to control her emotions. She did not enjoy her unnie’s company but she can’t do anything since has always been the martyr and polite kind of person.

“Miss Hyun. Shall I inform your sister that we have a guest?”

Hyun looked at Mr. Park once again looking troubled.

Hyun did not know why, but for some reason, she felt something special with Yong. Despite the fact that she just met him, her heart skipped a beat every time their eyes meet.

She had felt this warm feeling from the moment she had laid her eyes on him. She did not know what makes her feel that way; all she knows is that she’s feeling it right now.

And the thought of her unnie, meeting Yong… Hyun bit her lips more. “No… please God, let me be selfish for once.” She thought to herself.

Hyun looked back at Mr. Park and still with shame and guilt in her eyes for being so selfish, “Please, don’t tell unnie that I have a guest.” She said and emphasized the “I” part of the statement.

Yong looked at Hyun, bothered with her sudden change. Mr. Park bowed to both of them and left the room, closing the door silently behind him.

Yong stared at Hyun whose thoughts seem to float out of nowhere now.

“How can a human person look so sad?” He thought to himself and remembered the time when he was still in the HEAVENS and thought with finality that the Human World is much better than the HEAVENS.

But looking at Hyun sad face right now, something in the upper left part of his body made him feel pain.

He wondered what it is… how can he feel pain when he doesn’t have a wound in that part of her body?

How can he feel pain by just merely looking at the sad face of the girl in front of him whom he just met?

How can his heart cause him pain when in the HEAVENS, he never felt anything like it before?

How can he feel all these, all because of a single woman he barely know of? How?

----

His line of thoughts got cut out when he heard Hyun’s voice once again. He looked at her and saw her smiling face once again. But as an angel, he saw through Hyun’s smile. It wasn’t a genuine smile because deep down, something’s bothering her.

“And he will find that something out.” He thought again.

“Uhmm Yong, I haven’t finished mending your cuts, could you face your back to me again?”

He did what Hyun asked him to do. For awhile they remained silent and when Hyun finally finished her tasked, she took a deept breath and said.

“There, all done.”

Yong pulled his shirt down and faced Hyun who was looking at him. And when their eyes met, he didn’t fail to notice the blush that quickly crept to her face as she tried to turn away from him.

“Uhmm… are you hungry?” She asked and stood up and went to her window where she prayed to GOD earlier about finding her one true love.

He also stood up and followed where Hyun was going. He remembered that angels don’t really eat but he noticed humans doing that almost three times a day.

He stood beside Hyun and looked at her radiant face once again. He did not understand why, but he just can’t seem to stop himself from looking at Hyun.

He smiled at his silliness and said, “I’m Jung Yonghwa by the way.”

Hyun looked at Yong with a surprised look and said… “Yeah… I’m Seo JooHyun but you can call me Hyun.”

“Thanks about earlier and everything you’ve done up until now.” He continued, still looking straight to her eyes.

This time, Hyun looked away as another blush crept to her face. She smiled and looked at outside the window and said…

“Sure thing.” She did not know how to answer. “I mean, it’s not like I can tell him that I did it simply because of the butterfly feelings he gave me the moment I saw him.” She smirked at the thought and Yong simply couldn’t help but wonder what she was thinking.

“Oh yeah, uhmm I really have a lot of questions for you… such as…” Hyun placed her pointing finger in her chin and thought of a question.

Yong was still looking at her and thought of how cute she looked that way.

“Uhmm. How did you get inside our property when we have endless gates that surround it?”

Yong’s eyes widened by Hyun’s question. “I can’t tell her that I was an angel who decided to live in the human world and jumped into the portal and…” Yong’s thought wondered round and round until they both heard a knock on Hyun’s door.

They both looked at each other and without another word, Yong went to Hyun’s step in closet to hide.

Hyun went to her door as the knock continued loudly.

When Hyun opened the door, her eyes opened wide.

“U – unnie?...”

 

END of Chapter 3