Then Came You

Then Came You

 

Then Came You

Chapter 5

 

When Hyun’s Taeyon-unnie finally left the room, Hyun quickly ran back to her closet and thought of how can Yong possibly hide there?

“I mean, the room’s spacious, but there’s no possible area to hide, more so a man to hide.” She thought.

When she came back… she saw something that she never knew nor imagined to see in her entire life.

She opened the door and at first saw the surprised look on Yong’s face.

“Wings… wings… large wings…open and… h – h – how??” her mind tried to register.

“B – b – b – but how???” She thought while her eyes followed Yong’s movement near the ceiling going down.

And when Yong’s feet finally reached the floor, his wings closed itself and he had both his hands up and tried to calm Hyun down.

Hyun stepped back away from him…

“Wha – What … what are you?” she asked.

“Hyun… please calm down…” Yong tried to say as he went forward near Hyun…

“No… no please stay away from me….” Hyun said as she also kept on moving backwards.

“Please… don’t hurt me… I – I’ll shout…” Hyun said again… cold sweat started to go out of her. Her face was pale and her lips were quivering.

Before Hyun could move any further, Yong quickly stepped forward and snatched her in his arms.

He held Hyun’s arms on his hand and he pulled her straight to her. He hold her tighter with one of her hands and covered .

All he could see was the frightened look in her eyes as she tried to push him away from her.

She tried to hit his chest with her hands but it was too hard and solid which made her efforts like nothing.

“Shhhh…” Yong said as he held her tightly still.

“Hyun… you have to listen to me… I won’t hurt you… I’ll tell you what I am but you have to promise me not to shout or anything…” He said as he looked straight into her eyes.

Her eyes also looked back at him, but still with fright.

“Do you understand me?” He asked again and Hyun nodded urgently.

He slowly let go of Hyun and as soon as he completely did, Hyun fell on the floor.

Yong also followed her down and looked at her…

He didn’t know what to do and he thought that Hyun did not want her sister to see him.

When he realized that there was enough space to fly off since her closet and her room has a high ceiling, he flew.

He thought he would be quick enough to transform back before Hyun saw his wings, apparently… he was wrong.

Hyun looked at him back, her lips were still quivering and he felt the fear she felt towards him.

“Hyun… I’m not going to hurt you…” He said calmly, hoping to calm her too.

She took a deep breath and said… “Wha – what are you?”

Yong closed his eyes and thought that she really hit the right questions.

He thought about this happening but he never knew it would happen this early!

He opened his eyes once again and said…

“I’m an angel.” Hyun let out a gasp and her eyes opened wide.

“Sure he can’t be??” She thought…

“Angel?? Angels are real but not… no… how…??” she tried to reason with herself.

“Do you want anything??” He asked.

Hyun stood up and walked blankly to her bed. Yong followed her too.

“Please…” she said and held her hand in her temple. She was confused and surprised and felt like she might be going crazy!

“Please…” she said once again… “How can you be here?” She did not want to believe every word that he said but she can’t give any explanations about the wings she just saw earlier.

“I’m a fallen angel.” He said once again.

Hyun closed her eyes again and tried to grasp the reality of his words.

“Is your name really Yonghwa?” She asked.

“Yes. I’m still Jung Yonghwa…” he said and smiled at her. She did not understand why but somehow that smile made her feel more at ease.

“So… what’s heaven like?” She asked without trying to hide the curiosity in her voice.

He gave an ironic smile and sat beside. He leaned back a bit and supported himself with his hands behind.

Hyun looked at him anticipating.

“You know… the usual.” He .

“What do you mean the usual? I believe in angels and heaven as well as hell… but I want to know what it’s like or how does it look like?”

She looked so innocent and he wanted to tell her everything about his life back in the HEAVENS… even if he just met her… there’s just something in her that makes him want her to get to know him.

But despite that, he just can’t tell her every complicated thing or rule that the HEAVENS had… she’s still a human after all.

He saw her pout when she realized that he won’t be telling her anything more and he just can’t help but laugh at her cute reaction.

There was a sudden current that flowed through him just by looking at her like that.

She moved on top of the bed to face him while he still sat beside the bed.

“So… why have you fallen?” Hyun asked.

Yong looked back at her and she saw the sudden change in his mood. He did not want to talk about that… she realized.

Hyun cleared his throat and looked away…

“You told me you’ll tell me why you came here you know.”

Yong looked down, looking defeated and when he looked back up… he finally said.

“I used to be an angel. I decided to live in the world of humans… so that’s why I’m here.” He looked at her hoping that would keep her from asking any more questions.

Hyun thought about what she wished to the heavens earlier… “my one true love.” And asked…

“Why here? Why have you fallen here?”

Yong was caught by the Hyun’s question and obviously how serious she looked when she asked him that.

Out of all the other questions, it’s the one that he doesn’t know the answer… and out of all the other questions… it’s the one that seems to mean something to her.

“I – I don’t know that too. I’m sorry.” He looked at her and she looked at him back.

And then she smiled at him and said… “Well can you tell me if you’ll already know the answer?”

He smiled back at her and said… “I will.”

---

The two talked shyly to each other, trying not to open as much information towards each other… not yet.

They talked about Hyun’s life… how alive the mansion used to be when her mom was alive and how different it was now. It was what Hyun mostly talked about… she spoke little about her sisters and step mother which left Yong wondering what kind of person her sister really is.

Yong, in return, told her about his life back in the HEAVENS. He told her about the standard protocol about an angel being assigned to a human which was considered his/her soul mate which caused a sparkle in Hyun’s eyes.

But he did not tell Hyun about his brother Kyuhyun and being told that he doesn’t have a soul mate.

“I’ve decided to leave that life already.” He thought to himself.

Both of them kept secrets from one another… and they would hopefully soon find those secrets out.

Hyun wanted to ask Yong a lot of questions too but decided not too.

Until they realized that it was already late. “Do angels sleep or eat?” Hyun asked once again, finally feeling sleepy.

“We eat different foods… but we don’t usually sleep because most of the angels watch after their humans while the humans sleep.”

“I wonder if someone’s watching me… or us right now?” Hyun said and rubbed her now closing eyes.

Yong was stricken by the question once again…

 

He never really thought about it until now…

 

 

but who’s Hyun’s guardian angel?

 

END of Chapter 5

 

A/N: So heyy! I was planning for this update to be a double update! So please stay tuned for the second part of this double update eh? Kindly leave comments too. It would really mean a lot to my trying to be an author side. mehehehehe oh and subbies are welcome too :D

Anyways... what do you think of this chapter? ;D