Then Came You

Then Came You

 

Then Came You

Chapter 1

 

Yong has been sitting in his chair for hours already. “Today was the day…” he thought to himself.

Today was indeed the day that he’ll be granted to meet his human… his soul mate. But that depends on the decisions of the ones in higher position in the HEAVENS.

For the first time in this lifetime, if he would be granted this opportunity, he would finally meet that one person whom Yong may call his “soul mate”.

A soul mate as they say is the person that you share a soul with.

Two bodies, one soul… separated from each other whose sole purpose in life is to meet and find each other again. But only few are lucky enough to do so…

Soul mates, it’s all that angels know and heard of in the HEAVENS.

But in the world of the human beings, there is something much greater than anything else that matters in the world… and that’s Love.

His reverie of thoughts got interrupted when his elder brother, Kyuhyun went inside their home wearing his simple yet kind smile. He was four years older than Yong and was granted to be the keeper of his human being when he was the same age as Yong.

All angels are granted to be a keeper once they reach the age of eighteen. But when their human dies, that angel would also not recall and lose all their memories about that human and they may also die together with their soul mate. It is only when that person is reincarnated will they be granted back the opportunity to look after them once they’re reincarnated too.

As what soul mates meant, it is one soul trapped in two different bodies, but there’s always a part of each other that keeps them both alive.

Yong looked at Kyuhyun who was now going to him, still smiling. “Hey Yong, are you nervous?” he heard him say after he took a seat beside him. Yong has always been irritated to see Kyuhyun… not irritated at him but by how the other angels kept on comparing the two of them.

Yong and Kyuhyun are sons of two wonderful angels who possess a higher position in the HEAVENS. Kyuhyun has always been the kinder one, the more amiable one, and the more angelic one.

Yong knows that.

He does not also try to compete with his brother and neither does Kyuhyun. He just got sick of the other angels who kept on comparing them until it’s almost to the point that he hates his brother just because of living behind his shadows.

“Yeah. I’m nervous.” He answered him and he felt one of his strong hands, holding him by the shoulder and said,

“Don’t be… I’m sure you’ll be granted with your soul mate. Just like me… God Yong, if you finally get to meet your soul mate, you just want to look after her day and night. Even in her dreams, you still want to look after her…”

Yong looked at his brother, his eyes shining just talking about his soul mate. And all he could do right now was pray that his brother’s right.

He walked out of their home after their small talk and looked around.

The HEAVENS is a wonderful sight. Flowers are always blooming. Flowing rivers are as pure and clean as crystals. The roads are made of puffy white stuff that’s called “clouds.” The houses of different angels possess different color and shape for every house. One house is a round, yellow circle. Another is an elongated circle colored pink. Another is an orange triangle.

Yong looked at thiers; it’s a simple light blue box that has flowers in the side and square windows and a square door.

He walked through the roads and saw children playing while parent angels do their individual jobs to keep the HEAVENS advance.The HEAVENS might be the safest place Yong knew…

He continued to walk towards the great HEAVENLY gates and behind it is the great halls where he’s going to be judged whether he will be keeper or not.

------

As Yong stood in the center of the great hall, he looked around and saw the higher ranked angels around him. He found his mom and dad with them, but at moments like this… they’re the higher ranked angels, not his parents.

“Jung Yonghwa…” Yong heard the highest ranked angel speak. He took a deep breath, nervously anticipating his questions…

“As you may know, souls are separated and are placed into two different bodies… One soul, two bodies… that’s why they’re called “soul mates.” Yong took another deep breath and thought to himself..

“Where is he going with this? He should be granting me my human by now…”

“And to say this, soul mates are not ALWAYS placed into two bodies because there are moments when the souls are separated into three and thus, placed into three different bodies… that’s what a “Love Triangle” is, as the humans call it.”

Yong’s eyes widened upon hearing the jury’s words… “No, No… what? What is he talking about?”

“Now boy, I’m sorry to inform you, but you can’t have two humans for you to keep and look after. Neither can we have two angels look after one human. And I’m sorry to say, but your soul mate’s already taken.”

His eyes widened, not with surprise anymore, but with fury… “By who? Who is it? Who is my soul mate?” Yong asked the jury bravely. “I’m sorry boy, that information’s classified.”

Yong went back to their home mad. He was mad at everything. He was mad at the angels for always comparing him with his brothet. He was mad at his brother for always being the better angel. He was mad at his parents for not doing anything earlier. “Kyuhyun always takes the better things.” He thought to himself and remembered how his brother’s eyes shone just talking about his soul mate, while he on the other hand… don’t have any!

When he reached home, he was welcomed by his brother, smiling again. And Yong did not want to talk now. Yong did not want to see his face now. Yong was sick of all of it…

He bumped his brother in the shoulder and went out again.

He walked aimlessly around the HEAVENS. It was so big that he reached places that he never knew existed.

And then, out of nowhere, Yong saw a great well just silently presenting itself in the deepest parts of the cloudy forest of the heavens…

He looked at what’s inside the great well and surprisingly, he saw a greener pasture compared to the all white pasture of the HEAVENS. As Yong continued to look, he saw humans… YES! HUMANS! The water from the well showed him different images, or so Yong thought. There were people bickering… people hugging and forgiving. People living their human lives… “People free from anything” Yong thought.

And with a bright idea, Yong thought of living in the human world. He thought of the possibilities and he excitedly and wantingly thought of how he could live his life freely.

And then out of nowhere, a voice suddenly interrupted Yong.

“Are you sure this is what you want Yong? Do you really want to know what living in the human world really means?” The voice asked him. And speaking to no one in particular, Yong answered with a motivated YES!

“Then be it… just know that once you do this, you’ll become a fallen angel and you would not be able to go back in the HEAVENS.” The voice tried to tell Yong.

But Yong was already too caught up with thoughts about the human world that he forgot about being a rational angel and simply went with his gut.

“So, then be it.” The voice finally said and as if that voice was the only thing that was holding him back, the moment Yong heard the affirmation, he quickly jumped in the great well.

He was falling fast but Yong did not seem to feel it. He closed his wing and hid it beneath his skin. He closed his eyes thinking about the opportunities the human world offers…

But before all that, Yong finally noticed how fast he was falling. He opened his eyes and he saw the dark sky of the human world. But he couldn’t keep up, he was falling fast and hard.

He screamed and screamed but no one seems to hear him…

----

That night, Hyun went to her room sadly and silently. Her room was her fortress, her chambers. It was the place she can look sad without having to explain to other people.

She lives in a huge mansion but only her step sister and their maids live there.

Her step sister is a party girl who’s not always at home. And all Hyun’s left are the servants in their mansion.

Luckily, they all love the kind and beautiful lass who lives alone in the mansion. Hyun has the power to make everyone smile. She helps the maids clean. She helps the gardener lawn. She even helps their chef cook. With her kind smile, she always brightens other people’s day.

But inside her fortress, Hyun’s real feelings show. Her loneliness ever since her mom died and after his father remarry and thus after she earned a step mother and a step sister.

She wanted to be close to her step sister, unnie. But it seems like she doesn’t like her that much. His dad went to abroad with her step mom for their business. She had few friends in school too.

All Hyun does is watch silly love story movies at home or read a romance novel wherein she wishes that for once she could be the character of those in the novel.

One night, after she expressed her feelings silently, she went to her window and sat in it. She looked up at the night sky… “The sky’s full of small stars but millions of them…”

She closed her eyes and prayed to God that someday, his prince will come and get her from this lonely mansion. That his prince would simply take away the loneliness she’s feeling. That, just like the movies and fairy tales, one day he would meet that man he can call, her one true love.

After she mumbled her prayer, she saw a shooting star and closed her eyes to wish. When she opened back her eyes, the shooting star was still falling… fast!

Her eyes followed the shooting star and after a few minutes, a loud crashing sound came. The shooting star fell within their property, she was sure of that.

She quickly ran down the stairs and went outside their terrace to their garden to see the shooting star.

But what Hyun saw is far from a shooting star, it was actually a man lying in the ground. “A fallen angel…” Hyun thought.

 

A/N: Hey everyone! What do you think of the first Chapter on Then Came You?? :DDD BTW, I'd like to say the "soul mates" idea was originally and inspired form the book of Paulo Coelho "Brida". It's a fun book to read and makes you realize a lot about life and stuff. That's why I included it in this story :))))

 

I hope you subscribe if you haven't and comment too :*** I'll update ASAP! :DD