Chapter 15

Songs Turned Into Stories
Peter Pan (Part 2)

Her heart was broken, all she could do was heal.

She spent more time with her little brother. Her brother loved reading books.They were currently reading peter pan.Peter pan reminded her alot of her best friend and first love.

Silly, funny, childish among other things.Wendy seemed like that girl, a girl that quickly snatches away Peter Pan.The more he read the more irritable she got.

But she endured it, he brother had made the book his no.1 favourite. So each night he read and read the damn book.

Her days at school had become a bore, as she made excuse after excuse.At one point she avoided the library, her sanctuary, because he was there.

But today, today was different.It was the beginning of summer, all the students planning their activities.A teacher entered, not the usual one,with her blue spectacles and lovely flowing dresses.It was a man instead.

"Good morning students, today your teacher is unwell, so it’s a study period".

Study period, well this is interesting.

She was almost out the door when he walked in with his girl and the awes echoed in the room.

They both blushed.Causing her to feel awkward, so she tried to slip through, unnoticed. Not likely.

"Hey, where are you going?" He asked.

"Ahhhh….the library, study period.So talk to you later." She forced herself to smile and went before he grabbed her hand.

Her heart skipped a beat.

"How about we join you?" He smiled, that cute dimple smile.

It was impossible to make any excuse,it was 3rd period, she couldn't fake sickness again.

She nodded and felt all the feelings ,she kept hidden, well up.She suppressed her emotions and walked with them to the library.

Things went down hill. She plugged in her ipod and the saddest song came on,when the couple began to giggle and mess with each other,instead of studying.She tried really hard to focus on the maths textbook, but it was impossible.She lifted her eyes to see what they were doing.

She looked up at the wrong time.The girl fell on her best friend and they were leaning in to kiss.

No.I don’t want to see my heart break a second time.She felt tears well up, she checked her watch, it was almost time for 4th period.Thank goodness.

She got up,which surprised the couple. “It’s almost time for next period, so see you later.” She said before dashing out, leaving them with a forced smile.

She ran to the room, in truth, it was her study period .But she couldn’t stay there.So she came to the empty room, she knew would be empty for the time being.

She let her tears fall and flow out with all the emotions she bottled up.

She recounted the time she spent with her best friend,she really missed it.He was now something that made her suffer.When he spent the time with the girl, snuggling, hugging and kissing.

She wished it was her, but it was not. The thought made her heart ache even more.She felt like yelling in agony but couldn’t.

To make it worse, she hadn’t seen someone enter.

"Hey….are you ok?" It was him and that girl.He looked really concerned seeing his best friend cry. But the thought of what they were probably going to do in here made her angry.

He reached his hand out, “Hey-” she slapped it away.

She couldn't take it anymore.She looked up at him in contempt and hatred.

"Don’t touch me." She said causing his eyes to widened.He was confused and the girl stood, also, in disbelief.

"I.Hate.You."She continued before pushing him out of the way and running out.

She knew what she did was wrong but it was too late now.Her tears by the time she returned home, it was only the stinging in her heart that remained.

She saw her little brother in his white and blue school uniform come out.She embraced him in a hug and little kisses.

"How is my little peter pan doing?"She asked, feeling her worries go.

"Good.Big sis, have you been crying?" Her little brother asked, frowning.

"Oh, I was, because I wanted to hear you read, but I couldn’t." 

"Really?"

"Yep."

"Then, I will read to cheer you up!" he said proudly.

She messed is hair.He giggled.

They read and read peter pan, the story was less irritable today.

"Wow, that was great little peter pan."

"Ok, Tinkerbell sis."

"Tinkerbell?" She was struck with confusion.

"Yes, your like Tinkerbell, reliable, loves peter pan and will always stay by my side."He said giving her a hug.

Tinkerbell? She loved peter pan unconditionally, even though slightly jealous of Wendy, she was still kind to her.She continued to stay by peter pan’s side no matter what.And was happy no matter what.She felt selfish.

She felt tears well up.She was like Tinkerbell.She felt like her heartache fading.Like Tinkerbell, she was still part of her best friend’s life, someone he took as special.

She put her little brother to sleep before returning to her room.She was extremely tired from the crying and instantly fell of into a deep sleep.

She woke to a sunny day and got up with a smile, the pain was no longer there.She checked her phone,it was off.She forgot to turn it back on.

She turned it on and was bombarded by excessive vibrations.

131 calls and 250 text messages.

How much credit did he have? 

She got ready and went down stairs, he was there. 

"Hey when did you get here?" She asked with a genuine smile on her face.

She could see the anxious look on his face disappear.

"Well…you didn’t pick or reply..and what you said yesterday…..Did I do something wrong?" He asked hesitantly.

"No you didn’t. I was angry and you happen to be there.Sorry about that."She said apologetically.

He smacked her. “Ow! What was that for?”

"Hey! I was worried like crazy and you tell me it was the spur of the moment?!!" He grumpily replied.

"Jeez.Of course.I was annoyed by the romance you kept flaunting.Just because you started dating before me…."She turned away in annoyance.

He smiled and grabbed her under his arm.

"Ow! Dude!"

"Don’t worry you’ll find someone soon."He said positively before being kicked.

"Ow!" He turned to see her little brother.

"Hey don’t hurt my Tinkerbell sis!" He yelled.

She laughed and said, “Don’t worry his learnt his lesson”.

She grabbed her brother in a hug before he went off to catch the bus.

This left her best friend and her to go off to school together.

"Hey where’s you’re girlfriend?"She questioned.

"I don’t know..I haven’t called her." He replied.

"Well call her."She pushed.He nodded.

She looked at him, just a day a go she would have been totally happy with this situation but now she knew better.

"Hey do you have anyone you like yet?" He asked.

"Yes"

"Really!?! Who?"

"I already stopped liking them"

"Why?"

"Just because."She sighed, taking out her mobile.

"Besides I found a new love, my oppas!"

He looked at her in confusion.She showed him a picture of a group of boys with a title saying ‘EXO’.

"My favourite song is definitely Peter Pan!".