Chapter 11

Songs Turned Into Stories

 

Your Name

The blue hue gave out a faint glow as she stood on the cloud curious of the marble stairs that were place one after another with invisible handles.She took one step at a time worried it might apart under her weight.The steps came to a abrupt end,as she landed on another puff of clouds.A door stood in her path.It’s white shade blended well with the clouds,only when you got closer did it become apparent of what it really was.A gold knob was placed on one of its sides.She twisted it waiting for a click.She entered a cloudless sky.The shade of blue was stunning with lovely patters entwined like vines across the ceiling with a marble floor.The tik-tak of her feet echoed in the empty room.The room was lit with a natural light that had no source.The only object was placed in the center.As she took a closer look she realised it was a glass table.It had a grapevine stem holding it up.Hues of beautiful green and swirls entangled to make the masterpiece.A note was placed in the middle.It was a delicate creme parchment.In curve font it read ‘Your Name’.She attempted to locate the writer by checking the back and front of the note,to no avail. She smiled curious of such as familiar phrase.She decided to answer it out of pure fascination and something else she couldn’t understand.Apparently to her surprise a black and gold ink ballpoint pen laid beside the note.She picked it up and gracefully wrote a reply to the phrase.