Chapter 13

Songs Turned Into Stories
1-4-3 (I Love You)

It was nine in the morning, he’d only managed to get a few hours sleep.Usually he would pack what he needed and sprinted to school.

But today, today was different.When he awoke that morning he was anxious.

Today was the day, it was now or never.

After his normal routine he stopped by the flower shop and asked for a bouquet of pinks flowers, she always reminded him of them.

By the time he was at school, his hand were beginning to tremble.He entered through the gates and saw her sitting beside the oak tree.

It was spring, so the lovely flowers that fell from the other tree, trickled towards her, like rain droplets. She was reading again.

He took a deep breath and took out his phone.

He typed in ‘1-4-3’ and waited patiently for a reply.

She looked around , not spotting him, returning to her phone.

He slowly crept closer to the tree.

He felt his phone vibrate, as he stepped closer and hid behind the oak tree. 

'What does that mean?'.

"It means I love you" he replied behind her.

She jumped back from surprised.

He nervously got down on his knees, raising the flowers.She was speechless.

"Would you go out with me…?" He asked with hesitation.

She was still silent but her face was completely red.

"Yes" She nodded.

Clapping could be heard, as they hugged.