Dirty

A Story of a Complicated Friendship

Everyone turned to the owner of the young girl’s voice. It was the Yang siblings’ cousin. She ran to hug Dongwoon. He smiled politely and returned the hug.

 

Jinhee kept a smile on her face, the picture of kindness, as she watched the hug last too long for her liking. Doojoon came up behind her and slung a friendly arm over her shoulder. “She has the biggest crush on him.” He whispered in her ear so only she could hear.

 

“Oppa! I was so scared!”

 

“I know, but you’re okay now.” He nodded and patted her back gently.

 

“I was calling out for you to save me…”

 

“Ah… Is that so?”

 

“It’s okay Oppa, you’re here now.” She snuggled her face into his chest.

 

Junhyung and the twins didn’t even bother trying not to laugh at the situation.

 

“Are you the angel that saved our girl?!” Jinhee watched as an older couple rushed past her to confront Haneul, who, to her credit, does look like a freaking princess.

 

“As if. I’m broke, and I pay no one’s debt. The angel you’re looking for is over there.” She scoffed and pointed to the grubby looking Jinhee.

 

The other people in the room were used to her dirty appearance and never said anything about how grimy she was or how knotted her hair got, knowing she was probably following some bugs to their nest or something that morning. But to people who didn’t understand, Jinhee’s dirty uniform, messy hair with leaves in it, and short stature made her look… unappealing and poor.

 

“What…?”

 

“Hi.” Jinhee waved to them, smiling.

 

“I don’t mean to be rude, but… you’re…”

 

“I understand, I look, and am, dirty. I was following hissing cockroaches this morning.” Jinhee grinned. “Their nest ended up being under the big oak tree on our school property. I was crawling around all over the place to follow them.”

 

“So you’re really my savior? This isn’t a joke, like ‘she saved you. No, not really, just kidding.’”

 

“Uh… that sounds like a dumb joke…” Jinhee frowned. “We’re not kidding.”

 

“That homeless looking girl is the heiress to AFA. We’re her brilliant cousins that she called up to solve the case. I’m also going to go out on a limb and say she paid off your debt too.” Jinyoung smiled.

 

“That’s definitely something Jinhee would do.” Jinsoo nodded.

 

“Because she did.” Dongwoon grinned. “She does these kind things like it’s only obvious and wonders why people are surprised when she does it.”

 

The fourteen year old Mina couldn’t help but be frank with the small girl, “How come you don’t shower?”

 

“Mina! That’s not how you talk to someone like her!” Her mother scolded her.

 

“It’s okay. It doesn’t bother me.” Jinhee assured them, moving to sit at the head of the table, taking Doojoon with her, so he would sit beside her. “I do shower, every morning and night. I just don’t stay clean. Long story short, I like to play with bugs as a past time. Do feel free to speak your mind here.”

 

“Nicest rich person in the world.” Hae Yeon sighed.

 

“It’s hard to piss her off.” Jinsoo nodded.

 

“Even when she’s mad, she’s not really mad.” Jinyoung sighed.

 

“When she’s getting revenge, I still don’t think she’s mad.” Jinsoo agreed.

 

“She was torturing a group of girls for over a week.” Hae Yeon chuckled.

 

“Hold on, we’ll put two and two together.” Jinyoung grinned and held a hand up to stop the others from explaining to them why Jinhee would torture girls.

 

“Okay, so, these guys are popular in school – because they’re clearly good looking and good guys and are also all friends. The hot guy crew in school, right? Every school has one. It's practically a law of high school education.” Junhyung chuckled and nodded with the others when Jinsoo started her deduction.

 

“The pretty one,” Jinyoung pointed at Hyunseung.

 

“Likes this pretty one,” Jinsoo pointed at Haneul.

 

“Correct.” Yoseob affirmed.

 

“She got bullied.” The twins said at the same time. “Most of the injuries have healed, and you cover them up well, but you’re still protective of yourself after getting beaten. And he’s watching you like a hawk, clearly afraid you’re going to either start crying, or that you’ll leave him because being his girlfriend is too tough to deal with.”

 

“Jinhee stepped in and messed those girls up so bad that they’ll never mess with you again.” Jinsoo finished.

 

“I was wondering why you hired from the cleanup branch in Japan.” Jinyoung chuckled when they were told they were correct.

 

“So those people were actually ninjas?!” KiKwang gawked at Jinhee.

 

“Yes. Trained by a branch family.” Jinsoo nodded. “Hired rarely for anything but protective purposes.”

 

“I can’t go anywhere without a team of them.” Jinhee sighed.

 

“So, other good looking man I haven’t addressed yet,” Jinsoo gestured to Doojoon, who looked back at her surprised.

 

“Yes?”

 

“Why are you in Dongwoon’s seat?”

 

Dongwoon, Junhyung, and Jinhee all shifted in their seats awkwardly.

 

“Never mind, I got my answer.” She smirked.

 

“It’s not like there’s assigned seating.” Jinhee smiled tightly.

 

“Oh but there is, Dongwoon sits on your right, and Junhyung beside him.” Jinyoung grinned. "You're always at the head, and they're your right hand men."

 

“Do you work for her or something, Oppa?” Mina asked Dongwoon quietly, not liking how her brain had put two and two together to lead to the conclusion that there was something special between her crush and the dirty looking girl.

 

“No. We’re just friends.” Jinhee gave her a small smile. “Now that we’re all here, I’ll introduce everyone properly. Please take a seat.”

 

“I can move if you want me to.” Doojoon offered quietly. “He can sit here.”

 

“Please don’t, you’re the buffer zone between me and that nonsense.” She gestured to Mina, who was still clinging to Dongwoon – who was just letting it all happen to Jinhee’s displeasure.

 

Doojoon chuckled, “Okay. I’ll be your right hand man for now.”

 

“You know what I do with my right hand?” Jinhee gave him a sly look jokingly. His reaction was priceless. “Eat.” She picked up the fork with her right hand with a bright smile.

 

He fell out of his seat laughing. Jinhee just smiled at the others enigmatically as they watched him cough and practically die from laughter.

 

“What hell man, get it together…” Junhyung shoved the guy roughly.

 

“Give him a second to recompose himself.” Jinhee smiled, taking a sip of her water. “Shall I order for you until then?”

 

Doojoon gasped desperately for some air, “I… I…” Finally he just settled for a nod and continued laughing as he kept replaying the unexpected joke in his head.

 

“What did you do to him?” Dongwoon looked almost jealous when he asked her this.

 

“Oh nothing.” Jinhee waved him off. “He’s just my new right hand man; he thinks it’s totally funny.” She shrugged and took another sip of water, smiling as her statement brought on another wave of laughter for Doojoon.

 

“Hmm…” Jinyoung analyzed the given evidence. “You made a dirty joke, didn’t you?”

 

“Jinhee’s dirty jokes are always surprisingly funny.” Jinsoo nodded.

 

“She makes dirty jokes?” Junhyung looked at her, shocked.

 

“Of course she does. They’re one liner’s and they’re killer.” Haneul grinned.

 

Jiwon sighed, “Her delivery is the best.”

 

“Some of her jokes can make a soldier blush.” Kibum laughed.

 

“I have no idea what you guys are talking about. I’m a lady and I would say no such thing.” Jinhee flipped her hair over her shoulder haughtily.

 

“You made a joke about grapefruits the other day.” Kibum started. “I can’t even repeat it because we have elders and youngsters here.”

 

“I don’t recall such a joke.” Jinhee smiled airily after ordering briefly for her and her new right hand man.

 

“There’s also the bubblegum one.”

 

Doojoon finally calmed down, out of his curiosity of what other jokes Jinhee could possibly have up her sleeve.

 

“What could possibly be dirty about grapefruit?”

 

“I’ll tell you later. We have respectful company in the room.” Jinhee smirked.

 

“It’s that bad?” He was shocked. “Worse than what you just said to me?”

 

“Oh please, my joke was barely dirty. You have a low tolerance.”

 

“Oh my god! Now I’m curious!”

 

“I blush just thinking about the joke.” Her club members covered their faces in embarrassment.

 

“You guys started it.” Jinhee shrugged, leaning back in her chair, at ease.

 

“We wanted to see if we could make you uncomfortable!” Kibum whined.

 

“Our president was unfazed.” Haneul sighed to Hyunseung, who was trying to get her to tell the joke. “And the joke is seriously too bad for me to say, so stop asking.”

 

“And if I told you all the jokes, you might not be able to eat.” Jinhee smiled and shifted to the side to allow the server better access to place the food in front of her.

 

“Wait.” Doojoon grabbed a spare towel off a server and held Jinhee’s hand to stop her from eating. “I don’t know how you can eat when your hands are this dirty.” He sighed and cleaned her hands with hand sanitizer, which he carries around in his pocket. When her hands passed his tough inspection, he finally let her eat.

 

“Says the one that ate bugs out of curiosity,” Jinhee scoffed.

 

“It was cleaned.” He grinned.

 

“Oh but of course.” She rolled her eyes.

 

“So you’re like really rich?” Mina asked Jinhee. Her parents tried to stop her, but to no avail.

 

“Yes.” She nodded.

 

“Can I borrow some money?”

 

Jinhee, rarely fazed by things related to money, cocked an eyebrow at the girl. Her parents smacked her upside the head.

 

“What? She said feel free to ask whatever.” She whined.

 

“You brat, how do you just go around asking people you don’t know for money.” Hae Yeon glared at her.

 

“I’m so sorry for my cousin.” Yoseob sighed to Jinhee.

 

“It’s fine. No, I will not lend you money.” Jinhee said matter of factly. “I see no benefit from it, professionally or personally.”

 

“Well, you saved my life, so I think that kinda makes me your friend. Friends lend each other money.”

 

“No. No, it doesn’t.” Jinyoung stared at the girl like she was stupid.

 

“Why do you need to borrow money?” Jinhee sighed, taking a bite of lobster.

 

“I want to buy a new phone.”

 

“Is there something wrong with the one you have now?”

 

“It’s old. And I think it broke when I was kidnapped. I need to have a phone, but clearly my parents don’t have the money for it.”

 

“Harsh.” Jinhee scoffs as her parents looked down in shame. “Don’t need to embarrass your parents like that. Here,” Jinhee waves over her assistant, “Get her a phone.” She rolled her eyes. “Anything else you absolutely need?”

 

“Not really.”

 

“You don’t have to give in to her just because you want to be nice.” Dongwoon said, eating his food too. Mina pouted up at him, but was promptly ignored.

 

“She’s young.” Jinhee shrugged. “This is frivolous.”

 

“You don’t have to give in to her because she’s young either.”

 

“Is that so?” Jinhee smiled angrily at him.

 

“Relax.” Doojoon put a hand over hers gripping a fork so tightly that her knuckles turned white.

 

“I don’t plan on ever being as nice as my cousin, so I’m going to bluntly point this out,” Jinsoo said, looking at Dongwoon, “You tell her not to give in to this kid because she wants to be polite or because the kid is a kid, but you’ve been doing that this entire time.”

 

“I have not!”

 

“So you let the kid hang all over you in front of your friends and family not because you don’t want to be mean to a young maiden?” Jinyoung scoffed.

 

“Jinhee gave resources to save her life, because that’s generally what is done when another human being is in trouble, and then she gave her a phone, because a phone costs a couple hundred bucks at most, and to Jinhee, that’s spare change. You’ve given the kid your body – wait, not ually!” Jinyoung laughed awkwardly when she realized how bad the last part came out.

 

“Oppa isn’t like that!” Mina pouted.

 

“Shut up brat.” Hae Yeon sighed.

 

“Your Dongwoon Oppa is just really nice to you because you’re a kid.” Yoseob said gruffly. “He doesn’t like you back.”

 

“Hey, don’t be mean to her.”

 

“Wow.” Jinhee sneered at him and staked her lobster and angrily chewed at the meat.

 

“I was actually wondering when you’d snap.” Doojoon chuckled under his breath. “I thought you’d last longer.”

 

“That’s what she said.” Jinhee said without thinking. He burst into laughter again. “Sorry, didn’t mean to joke that time.” He waved her off to try to calm himself down. Doojoon just grinned and continued to eat, stealing pieces of her food off her plate, and vice versa.

 

Needless to say, no one was particularly happy with the meal they were having, but at least the head of the table looked okay, and that has to count for something.

 

 

 

 


I'm so sorry!!! I kept putting this off, and putting it off, and putting it off until I just completely forgot! I'm so sorry!!!!

I WILL start working on this in my spare time again. It's just hard having that spare time...

Thank you, any of you, who still read this fic, or will continue to reading this fic! Thank you!