Six

Remember Our Love

Chapter 6

 

Junsu. Junsu. Junsu. The way she said his name was soft, sweet, and melodious. Every word she said to him was music to his ears from the way she spoke about her favorite book to how she nagged about how Junsu couldn’t dress properly. The only way he could hear her voice was to dream about her again.

            “Junsu. Junsu. Junsu!”

 Junsu woke up when someone was shaking him violently. He slowly opened his eyes and with a raspy voice, he responded with “What do you want?” With that, his friend blew a sigh of relief and stood up.

            “I thought you weren’t going to wake up.” Junho took a deep breath trying to calm his self.

            “How— did you find me?” He asked as he sat up while rubbing his right eye with his right hand. Junho knew that this was Junsu and Fei’s favorite place to go for small dates.

            “I just knew you were going to be here.” Junho shrugged as he sat next to him. “But don’t you think I should be the one asking the questions here? I haven’t heard from you for days because I don’t know… Maybe you don’t check your phone?” While Junho was rambling on about how worried he was, he looked over at Junsu who was looking out the Han River.

            “I just— thought that maybe if I could come here, maybe she would be here.” He sighed, looking down at his hands. “I don’t know. I—I just wanted to see her again.” He rested his head on his right hand.

            “I understand.” Junho gave a reassuring pat on Junsu’s back.

            “Thanks.” Was all Junsu could think of saying. He knew Junho had understood him because he knew what had happened to him. He had seen him transform from a man living in absolute happiness to a man living in absolute misery.

            “No problem.” Junho brought his hands together to look over the Han River with Junsu.

They stayed quiet for a while as they were both lost in their thoughts. While one was thinking about his future, the other one was thinking about his past.

~o~

Junsu finally broke the silence by starting up a conversation with Junho, beginning with the usual questions, asking how he’s been doing or what he’s been up to. As they got more comfortable with each other, Junsu re-told some of his favorite-crazy-old stories that the two had during their years as college students with a few jokes thrown in by Junho giving a few good laughs.

“You were such an back then.” Junho laughed.

            “Back then? I’m still an now.” He laughed while resting his hands on his knees.

            “Well.” Junho stood up as their laughs quieted down. “I just wanted to check on you to see if you were alright.”

            “Plans with SoEun?” He raised an eyebrow.

            “Yeah, we have to discuss about the wedding plans again.” He said while scratching his head.

            “Sounds like you’re going to have a lot of fun.” He said in a sarcastic tone.

            “Yeah.” He sighed. “So, can you at least text me once in a while so I can know that you’re okay? It’s a lot of work looking all over Seoul for you.”

            “Yeah, I’ll try, but no promises.” Junsu laid his legs out to stretch his legs.

            “Alright, well see ya.” He waved goodbye then put his hands in his jacket’s pockets.

As Junsu saw Junho walking the opposite direction, he thought for a bit and realized how grateful he was towards Junho. There were times where Junho didn’t have to help him, but he did and for that, he owes him so much. He finally understood that he was being a bit selfish when he said that he didn’t want to go to the wedding and be the Best Man at Junho’s wedding.

            “Hey.” Junsu yelled, which made Junho turn around. “I’ll go the wedding ceremony.”  He began. “And I’ll try to stay at the reception if there’s going to be an open bar, alright?” He saw Junho’s face lit up as soon as he said that. The words that came across Junho’s mind were “thank you,” he probably said that around fifteen to twenty-five times because he was just so happy.

            “I have to tell SoEun this!” He started to jog towards the opposite direction again, but stopped to tell Junsu about practice for the wedding ceremony. Junsu nodded his head and told him that he’ll be there.

            "Go and tell SoEun now!” Junsu tried shooing him away. “Go!”

            “Ok! I am! Oh— and don’t forget to bring a nice suit!” Junho yelled.

            “Alright, alright!” He sat back. “Just go already.”

            “Bye! See you at practice!” Junho was waving his right arm while jogging.

Junsu just brought his hand up to say goodbye. He watched as Junho’s figure disappear in the city lights on Seoul then turned his head to look over the Han River once more before standing up and walking away.

The reason why Junsu had changed his mind to go to the wedding was simple. He just didn’t want to be another disappointment to someone he cared about and he didn't want to lose another person who was important to him.


(I was listening to an instrumental song while writing this chapter, so I'll just put this song name.) 

Jóhann Jóhannsson - Fordlândia 

Author's Note - Hello lovely people. I just want to thank you all for being such loyal subscribers for this story. I was quite surprised with the people who have commented on my story, telling how much they enjoyed reading it. I'm so very thankful for your comments and it encourages me to write still. I do want to apologize for how long some of you had to wait for me to return. I'm sorry, I was overwhelmed with the amount of work I had on my plate so I didn't have enough time to write, but I'm hoping that you will all enjoy the writing that I have prepared for you all for the next chapters. Though, I have to be honest, I felt like I haven't been writing the same, so please bear with me. I just want to say thank you all again for being loyal subscribers. I will try my best to improve my writing. I hope you all have a wonderful day.