Two

Remember Our Love

Chapter 2

 

Two Years.

Two people.

One mistake.

            “Junsu, I’m begging you to come to the wedding. You’re the only best man I know.” Junho pleaded his friend.

            “I don’t do weddings.” Junsu said, not even looking at his friend.

            “Just stay for the wedding ceremony and then you can leave. How about that?”

            “Why are you pushing me so much to go to the wedding?” Junsu asked while playing with the ice cubes in his glass.

            “For one thing, it’s not just a wedding, it’s my wedding. And another thing, it’s for you to get out of this place for once.” Junho grabbed the glass. “Junsu, look at yourself. You go to this club every day just to drown in alcohol. It’s not good for you.”

            “Do you think I come here for fun?!” Junsu looked at his friend. “There is a reason why I come here.”

            “I kno-“

            “Oh, you know?” Junsu laughed mockingly. “Then tell me the reason, enlighten me why I come here every day!”

Junho did know the reason why his friend tortured himself every night with alcohol and all it took was one name; one name that Junsu loved to hear and one name that killed Junsu inside.

            “Fei.” Junsu’s face changed after he said that. He didn’t know how to react, didn’t know how to respond. He was trying to gather his jumbled thoughts together, trying to figure out what to say but the only thing that came out of his mouth was “I’m sorry”. Junsu stood up and walked away from the bar, leaving his friend behind.

~o~

Junsu didn’t know where he was going but he didn’t care. He just wanted to get away from everything around him. It took a while until he realized that he was near the Han River. He looked around and found a nearby bench where he could lay down. He laid down and covered his eyes with his right arm, trying to sort things out in his mind but he ended up dozing off.

            “Do you know what's going to happen to us?” Fei asked with her head against Junsu’s shoulder.

            “What do you mean?” Junsu played with her fingers as they held hands.

            “I mean, are we going to go our separate ways or are we going to you know, get married…” She stared at the couple rings. “Will one of us ended up leaving the other?”

            “I don’t know what will happen to us but I know one thing for sure, that I will not leave you no matter what. Even when you choose to love another person, I will always be there for you.” Junsu kissed her head.

            “You promise?” She brought out her pinky.

            “I promise.” They pinky promised.

It was a promise.

            “You left her waiting! It's all YOUR fault! You killed my sister!” Sunye grabbed Junsu by the collar and kept pushing him against the wall with tears overflowing in her eyes. “The ONLY family I’ve had and you killed her! You left her alone!” She dropped on the floor and started sobbing while covering her face.

It was a promise that was never meant to be broken.

            “She waited for you even when everybody told her that you weren’t coming. She was hoping that you would come for her but what did you do? You left her.” Chansung threw the engagement ring on the floor. “It’s thanks to you that we will never see her again.” 

But in the end, it became broken.


Why can’t I forget you? I’m only hurting like a fool 

 - 2PM Suddenly